Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Koenigsegg CCX ordered (ownage inside, guy is a fraud..no car ordered..proof inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-09, 10:41 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pick!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB4SxkByFx0
Old 10-25-09, 11:30 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the soon to be new ride, 18 months might seem like a long time but they will pass before you know it ......just out of curiousity did you cross shop with a zonda, thats a spectacular car especialy this limited edition one they have on sale now, its gonna be a rarer bread more so than the ccx at least :P
Old 10-25-09, 11:38 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Thanks for keeping the replies positive, guys.

CCXR was closer to $1 mil. and for that money I would've probably saved some more and bought a Bugatti (just kidding). I ordered to CCX with this blueish, silver chrome paint which is a custom color that I picked. The interior will be black on black with silver stitching. I didn't get the completely clear-coated carbon fiber exterior, which is available as an option, so that if I crash into something, dent it, scratch it, it will be easily fixable. Carbon fiber will be way too expensive to repair, or replace. I also got the carbon fiber wing spoiler and some carbon fiber cooling vents.
aww too bad. even though it isnt the CCXR, are you still going to get the Top Gear Wing? take some door opening videos lol, i LOVE the doors on that car. (koenigsegg has long made my favorite cars, back since the CC8S)

PLEASE keep us updated in terms of factory contact and of course the final trip to see it & taking delivery. i'm REALY curious to see how you go about purchasing a monumental class hypercar
Old 10-25-09, 11:49 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

baller!

BTW - who does Konisiegg(?) use for propulsion now that they don't use VAG power?
Old 10-26-09, 12:16 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

iirc its an in-house motor.
they're the only other in-house manufacturer of supercar engines, the other company is Bugatti. Ferrari and Lamborghini are considerably larger.
Old 10-26-09, 12:29 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Because Bugatti, Ferrari and Lambo have the backing of big automotive conglomerates - Bugatti and Lambo is VW, Fiat has a considerable amount of ownership in Ferrari.
Old 10-26-09, 06:38 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Congrats... and Naples FL is a GREAT place for business trips... you always wind up lighter in the wallet!!!
Old 10-26-09, 08:02 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bad co
Wow, that looks like a really hard car to drive.
Old 10-26-09, 08:30 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is amazing news bro!
Old 10-26-09, 08:50 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

i just saw the video and that car is wicked! i think i would be scared to drive that thing too...
Old 10-26-09, 10:07 AM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

deng balla! Congrats man!
Old 10-26-09, 11:08 AM
sphy1005
Instructor

wow! Very nice pick, not your everyday Ferrari or Lambo :-)

Don't forget pics when you get the car....
Old 10-26-09, 02:31 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Koenigsegg as a DD? Damn lol.
Old 10-26-09, 07:21 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by malujerry
wow congrats! tim hortons only?
No, I own two in the Montreal area, but I also own other fast food franchises as well as completely unrelated businesses, ranging from car washes to clothing stores, but I make it a point not to give out any names as I have nothing to prove, and it's not like you'd actually shop there anyways. Nevertheless, it's a vast network of partners and a lot of investment and it's sometimes hard to keep track. I've been looking to tap into the petroleum transactions industry for a while now but to no avail... business trips to Venezuela and Kazakhstan to try and work out some deals were met with no end result.

Originally Posted by biggie27
congrats on the soon to be new ride, 18 months might seem like a long time but they will pass before you know it ......just out of curiousity did you cross shop with a zonda, thats a spectacular car especialy this limited edition one they have on sale now, its gonna be a rarer bread more so than the ccx at least :P
I did not really cross-shop with anything. I was at first trying to get some of the leftover M-B McLaren SLRs off of the dealership lots in the U.S., but they had incredible markups. I did, however, pay a visit to some of the 'authorized' Zonda dealers in the U.S. and needless to say they were a pain in the *** to deal with. I'd also be hard pressed to say that the Italians don't build overly reliable engines, whereas the Swedish-built engines are virtually invulnerable. The rep told me that the Koenigsegg engines were bulletproof and would last well beyond 200,000 miles. The electronics, however, are another problem... but there aren't too many, so.

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
aww too bad. even though it isnt the CCXR, are you still going to get the Top Gear Wing? take some door opening videos lol, i LOVE the doors on that car. (koenigsegg has long made my favorite cars, back since the CC8S)

PLEASE keep us updated in terms of factory contact and of course the final trip to see it & taking delivery. i'm REALY curious to see how you go about purchasing a monumental class hypercar
I did take the 'Top Gear' wing... although Koenigsegg stated that a wing was already in development before they even let the Stig drive one, so their mentioning it was only coincidental. I didn't get the CCXR because it's about twice the price and runs on ethanol, which is hard to come by.

Originally Posted by nthach
baller!

BTW - who does Konisiegg(?) use for propulsion now that they don't use VAG power?
Koenigsegg now has an in-house engine.

Originally Posted by sphy1005
wow! Very nice pick, not your everyday Ferrari or Lambo :-)

Don't forget pics when you get the car....
I have spoken to my insurance broker and one of the first things he told me was not to distribute pictures of the car or even 'talk' about it too much. These things are so unique... there's only one or two in Canada, and I think I'd be the first one in Quebec to own one. BUT, I will try and sneak in a few.

Originally Posted by felixsc300
Koenigsegg as a DD? Damn lol.
Fuggetaboutit.
Old 10-27-09, 01:21 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow congrats man!!! I hope to have a sick selection in cars one day as you do! lol. And just watched that vid, man the car is a BEAST.

Quick Reply: Koenigsegg CCX ordered (ownage inside, guy is a fraud..no car ordered..proof inside)