Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Koenigsegg CCX ordered (ownage inside, guy is a fraud..no car ordered..proof inside)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-09, 07:25 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FisforFast
I'll most definitely give you a ride.
hehehe cant wait! i knew living in this area would pay off eventually
Old 11-12-09, 01:48 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

I'm happy for you, hopefully one day once I'm finished with uni I can own some of my own businesses.. seems like that's the best way to go
on another note.. i stayed in downtown montreal this past summer for a couple of days and it seemed a lot more chill than toronto.. toronto's a bit too fast-paced
Old 11-12-09, 02:47 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I'll have to agree with you on Montreal being a bit slower-paced. I like to compare it to the large European cities though, in terms of pace of life; everyone is relaxed, no one is in an absolute rush. If you really want to establish yourself here and start making business, you'll need to be bilingual. Not a real big deal if you aren't, but not speaking the native language is simply not respecting the environment you're exploiting.
Old 12-09-09, 09:55 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I'll be flying over to Sweden around January 10th to see the progress that has been made and make the final choices on colors and upholstery so that they can begin finding the materials and start crafting the various trim pieces. Koenigsegg has confirmed to me that this will be the third CCX to be registered in North America.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 12-09-09, 11:10 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you get matching luggage?
Old 12-10-09, 12:07 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

niiiiice, keep us posted.
Old 12-10-09, 09:21 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by emoshun
Do you get matching luggage?
I'll ask just for you!

Originally Posted by meowCat
Nice. That's very special you know. Your name will be remembered.

Have fun trip to Sweden.
Haha, not sure that my name will be remembered. According to my insurance agent I probably shouldn't even be posting this on here. Haha.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-09, 01:51 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FisforFast
I'll ask just for you!

Haha, not sure that my name will be remembered. According to my insurance agent I probably shouldn't even be posting this on here. Haha.

Thanks.
Thanks! Regarding the car's safety, I'd look into LowJack and maybe even a hidden fuel kill switch that only you know where to look.
Old 12-10-09, 02:03 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by emoshun
Thanks! Regarding the car's safety, I'd look into LowJack and maybe even a hidden fuel kill switch that only you know where to look.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into the fuel killswitch - heck, I'll mention it to them when I'm over there. As for the LoJack, I'm getting a Boomerang Tracking System.

http://www.boomerangtracking.com/pag...spx?LANG=EN-CA

Tell me what you think. I'm considering getting this, but without the key fob that notifies any unauthorized movements. I find that would be far too invasive.
Old 12-10-09, 02:11 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I have to share a funny tidbit of trivia, too. No insurance companies stateside accepted to insure the Koenigsegg. In fact, they did not even have it listed in their database. I had to contact a specialized company in Miami that insures luxury yachts and the likes to get the car insured.
Old 12-10-09, 02:57 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Fis, I am sure you've had insurance for lesser high end cars like Ferrari or Porsche (at a relatively younger age). How do you get insurance for those things? Are there special companies that insure younger folks in nicer cars?

I am trying to get insurance quotes for a 911CS here in the state and 2/3 the big companies wont insure me, and the one that is willing said it would be 10k per year. Plus no one insures Aston either.. I would like to look into that too.
Old 12-10-09, 06:36 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by mikez
Hey Fis, I am sure you've had insurance for lesser high end cars like Ferrari or Porsche (at a relatively younger age). How do you get insurance for those things? Are there special companies that insure younger folks in nicer cars?

I am trying to get insurance quotes for a 911CS here in the state and 2/3 the big companies wont insure me, and the one that is willing said it would be 10k per year. Plus no one insures Aston either.. I would like to look into that too.
Like I have mentioned in my previous post, the company that will insure my Koenigsegg also insures yachts. I'm fairly certain that Voyager can insure your Porsche, they usualy have good prices. Your best bet is finding independent insurers that also insure boats, motorcycles and jet skis, like Jorgensen in Utah. There are called local insurers.

This might help a bit: http://www.classicautoquote.com/exotic.htm

That being said insurers are never really good on us younger people. Keep in mind most companies will not insure someone than is younger than 25 years old, for an exotic (10 years driving experience minimum) because they are a very high risk. So try to go with a local insurer, small companies. I doubt the boat insurers will do much good for a 911CS, but they might insure an Aston Martin.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-10-09, 07:14 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, I just thought Yacht insurance might be a bit overkill since I am not exactly driving in a super car lol.

I will look into those local insurance, specially the Voyager ones.

Insurance is so bogus, I mean look, if someone is in their early 20's, business owner, has higher education, no driving record, paid off their own car, they kind of fall out of your 16 year old kid in a civic geography.. sheesh
Old 12-10-09, 07:48 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

My cousin is 29 years old and is in the Dubai real estate business and does some petroleum transactions for the PDVSA and such. He owns a 2009 Murcielago, but he drives like an idiot... I'm surprised he hasn't been in a deadly accident with that thing already. It's a small minority that makes the vast majority pay.

Small, local insurers are your best bet. They hardly get any claims, because they insure exotics, which are rarely crashed, so that drives your prices down. Insurance on the Koenigsegg will only cost me about $5000 a year... and it's a $500k+ car. That being said, the insurer knows full well I will not be driving it every day, or driving it like an idiot. It will probably be driven 2000 miles a year, max.
Old 01-19-10, 11:51 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Hey guys, I'm waiting at the airport right now to board a flight towards Stockholm, Sweden, where I will then take a train south towards Angelholm where my car is being build.

As I've mentionned earlier I am going over there to make the final picks for the interior. They told me I would be reviewing with them the hide they will be using to make the leather for the seats and the dash, as well as other aspects of the car such as the final color. All of the final decisions are being made some time this week. At this point all of the electrical and subframe components have been put in place - the engine will begin to be milled some time in March, and everything will be put together some time in July. Extensive testing will start in October before they get the first snowfalls. If all goes well, I should have the car by Summer 2011.

I will keep you guys updated while I'm over there!

Quick Reply: Koenigsegg CCX ordered (ownage inside, guy is a fraud..no car ordered..proof inside)