Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW, MB, Maserati

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-09, 12:28 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lf-A!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist ... but from your 3 choices, I would go with the 7 series (Alpina edition)
Old 09-05-09, 07:25 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my experience with MB & BMW, I would definately get the Maserati Quattroporte S. This is a very special car with alot of exotic details.
Another great car but, smaller in size is the Jaguar XFR. This car is very beautiful in the interior details! You should spend a little time inside one & you will see what I'm talking about.
Old 09-05-09, 05:38 PM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche Panamera Turbo

/Thread
Old 09-05-09, 08:21 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

I personally think that no matter how much I'd make a year I'd be pretty pissed if my car was spending more time in pieces on the floor of the dealership than on the road where it belongs. It's not just a matter of money... even rich people like to get their moneys worth; it is a common misconception that people who make a lot of money don't care about maintenance costs and warranties and one that pisses me off a bit given that I am one of those fortunate enough to make a good wage.
Old 09-07-09, 03:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by texan629
I would be pretty pissed off if an appliance bored me to death causing me to fall asleep then run into a brick wall.
WTF is up with people thinking owners of a 7/LS/S etc drive them on backroads going twice the speed limit on their way to work?

Save the appliance comment for elsewhere.

Old 09-07-09, 03:33 PM
LuvLuxury
Driver

Alas - I've gotten about 75% more people steering me towards the S550 Benz. I'm a little dissapointed that not many friends/people like the new 7?
Old 09-07-09, 08:20 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvLuxury
Alas - I've gotten about 75% more people steering me towards the S550 Benz. I'm a little dissapointed that not many friends/people like the new 7?
because the new 7 is REALLY not really NEW (just revised).. kinda old... buy whatever you want, but the S550 gets more respect.
Old 09-07-09, 09:26 PM
LexFather

The Panamera is AWD in 4S and Turbo forms...The LS is offered in AWD as well now...as is the Caddy STS but that is not really in this class

Old 09-07-09, 10:42 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's with the "S65 Designo" in your signature? Why are you looking at a Mercedes S?
Old 09-08-09, 07:19 AM
Milla...

I pesonally never worry about warranty expiration dates because I lease all my luxo's.
I love my Masi S to death, I would highly recommend one, its to bad you need a AWD.

Folks drive S550's around here like Accords and because there are multiple versions of the S Class you see them everywhere all day. Nice cars though...
Old 09-08-09, 07:33 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Both the Merc & BMW have more technology inside than the Maserati. If you are into tuning, both are good choices as well.. The Maserati has a nice sounding Ferrari motor but reminds me of the old Lagonda for some reason.. I am seeing young people with their pants drooping off their behinds, buying these cars from used car lots on Hillside Ave in Queens, NY. Is the depreciation on the Maserati that bad?
Old 09-08-09, 07:52 AM
Milla...

Depreciation is bad for all these barges. I see the same with the S Class and 7 series too. Young high rollers who manage to stay in the game long enough to figure out how to buy a luxury car from some shady urban used car lot.
Old 09-08-09, 09:33 AM
LuvLuxury
Driver

Originally Posted by carLx
What's with the "S65 Designo" in your signature? Why are you looking at a Mercedes S?
--The 08' has been sold. Was fun while it lasted but it was useless when it rained or snowed....AND with the current state of my investments - it would be a much wiser choice of an awd sedan vs a 202k out the door 65amg.
Old 09-08-09, 09:43 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

--The 08' has been sold. Was fun while it lasted but it was useless when it rained or snowed....AND with the current state of my investments - it would be a much wiser choice of an awd sedan vs a 202k out the door 65amg.
I know what you mean.. AWD is amazing in the wet.. You should also consider the V10 Audi S8...
Old 09-08-09, 02:52 PM
lfeharri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have the S550, and now driving the Maserati Quat. For the amount of money I am spending on this car, I would go for the rare and exotic factor. Where I live, S550's and 7 Series' are on every block.. but rarely do you see Maserati's driving around. It sure turns a lot more heads than the typical BMW and Mercedes.

Quick Reply: BMW, MB, Maserati