Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Not Very Good For Range Rover Sales

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-09, 02:13 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I read that story. The owner built the walls in the front so the car could not be towed. Backed them against the wall for the same reason, and built the overhead braces so the car could not be lifted from the area with a crane. All of the paperwork for both the SL and ML are plastered over the front window and hood for the various repairs that both vehicle have had to go thru since ownership. The SL,after all of the repair work was still in non-running condition. The ML,once the owner started digging thru paperwork, was actually runing however the owner got fed up after comparing all of the invoices paid to Mercedes so he parked both cars.
Old 06-09-09, 05:05 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
Well, the problem here is that the guy bought a Rover Sport, which really isn't a Range Rover at all. Range Rover Sport is a Discovery in Range Rover Classic clothing.

I'd say it's likely the guy wouldn't pay more to the the true Range Rover (which stands up very well) but wanted to thrash on the Sport in a way it wasn't built to handle.

The Disco is very much the truck that will get you there, no matter where 'there' is. The Range Rover (Classic) will get you there in the best way possible with little to no issue. The Rover Sport is for all those people who wont pay for what they actually want.

In short: I bet buddy acted stupidly and didn't want to own up to his mistakes.
actually the sport is the same thing as an LR3 as far as drivetrain and suspension goes. the body and interior are obviously different. they all use the exact same jaguar v8 wheter you buy LR3, sport or full size range. they also all use the same zj transmission and transfer case.

Originally Posted by The G Man
Those range rover dealer treats you nice when you are buying the car, once you own it, the Land Rover brand itself has terrible customer service.
ha, go to land rover of louisville where i formerly worked, they give everything away to the customer! every customer is treated like they own the place. good for the customer, terrible for the employees...

Originally Posted by lex
Now that Tata owns those brands.. does that mean they are gonna let quality and stuff fall?
there were absolutely no changes whatsoever in anything when tata took over. seriously, nothing changed.

i really dont' understand how people complain about things going wrong with a rover when it's been established for years that they are terrible when it comes to reliability. everyone knows that, even non "car people".
all the info is out there as far as what's reliablie and what's not, so if you go out and buy one, deal with it. you know what you're getting into.
i would give ford credit for improving both jag and rover... before ford took over, they were serioulsy huge pieces of ****. anything from about 03 and up is not that bad, moreso the jags than the rovers though.
Old 06-09-09, 07:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by trukn1
I read that story. The owner built the walls in the front so the car could not be towed. Backed them against the wall for the same reason, and built the overhead braces so the car could not be lifted from the area with a crane. All of the paperwork for both the SL and ML are plastered over the front window and hood for the various repairs that both vehicle have had to go thru since ownership. The SL,after all of the repair work was still in non-running condition. The ML,once the owner started digging thru paperwork, was actually runing however the owner got fed up after comparing all of the invoices paid to Mercedes so he parked both cars.
lol, damn that is hilarious