Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I found website LA Citizen Can't Drives!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-09, 03:42 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I usually drive between 5 and 9 mph over the posted limit depending on conditions. On the freeway, it's more than that, but usually not 15 mph over. I avoid the left lane unless I am passing another vehicle. I don't like to drive in the #1 lane because it is for passing, but you also are more likely to stand out.

If you are in a pack of cars going 15+ over the limit and your car is modified, guess who is getting pulled over?

For avoiding accidents, I look ahead quite a distance and I do it regularly so I can anticipate what may be coming up. I am cognizant of bad drivers. They are easy to spot. Bad drivers don't plan ahead, many are timid or indecisive, and many drive much more slowly than other traffic. There are also bad aggressive drivers who are prone to binary inputs. It's either full throttle or heavy braking. They speed through, weave in and out of traffic, and have no plan. When I see either of these most common 2 types of drivers, I basically assume they'll do the stupidest possible thing imaginable and I prepare for it. I'm right a lot.
Old 05-22-09, 12:07 PM
LexFather

awesome! We need one in Atlanta

Old 05-22-09, 10:22 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
awesome! We need one in Atlanta
i bet you would post up a bunch of pics of horribly hid kitted hondas that nearly kill you at least 4 times a week lol
Old 05-25-09, 03:47 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On I-80 I saw the following 1) Newspaper wide open over the steering wheel. 2) The office worker with a mess of paperwork across the steering wheel. 3) The driver watching the evening news on a flip down LCD screen mounted in the ceiling next to the driver. 4) A 17" television on top of a piece of plywood from dash to top of passenger seat. This was a delivery box truck. 5) A police officer driving on a local highway right hand stuck to his ear with a cell phone and his left hand waving in the air. 6) A tractor trailer driver decided to patronize a store on the local highway parked his rig in the right lane of traffic due to no shoulder 100% BRILLIANCE