Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan by Carlsson

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 08:24 AM
LexFather

Post Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan by Carlsson

http://germancarscene.com/2009...lsson/

[QUOTE=Carlsson]The new E-class by Carlsson celebrates its world premiere at the Tuning World Bodensee in Friedrichshafen from April 30th until May 3rd 2009. With the new E-class, the automobile manufacturer has combined sportiness and elegance to a harmonic symbiosis.

In former times, thorough-blood race-horses where bred at Gut Wiesenhof in Merzig/Saarland - today it is the Carlsson headquarter and production location for the new sportive Carlsson E-class. Carlsson transfers this history-laden origin to the new model of the upper medium-class.

The new aerodynamics kit which has been elaborately developed by head designer Rolf Schepp, immediately attracts the attention. The Carlsson Mercedes has an entirely newly designed front apron with vertically adjusted xenon-light LED daylight running lights and a stainless steel grid under the gracefully built radiator grill.

The rearing horse is placed on the sides of the completely re-engineered front wings: A Carlsson hallmark an expression of power and class. The side rails enhance the re-engineered dynamic design vocabulary at the sides. The rear apron attachment with the integrated diffuser which is framed by four stainless steel end pipes and the unobtrusive rear spoiler further perfect the sporty appearance.

The entire aerodynamics kit is made of polyurethane (PUR-RIM) which does not only guarantee a perfect fitting accuracy and highest stability, but also a very light weight.

During sporty tours, the driver of the new Carlsson E-class profits from the intelligent lowering kit C-Tronic® SUSPENSION, a state-of-the-art technology. It does not only lower the automobile by up to 43 millimetres, but also continuously adjusts the remaining jounce travel to the road situation. Therefore, the control module always finds the perfect combination between sporty and taut adjustment and optimal travelling comfort.

With an enormous self-confidence and strength of character, the wheel model 1/5 REVO harmonises with the new Carlsson automobile. The even double spokes of the unicoloured rims measuring up to 10.5×20 inches consist of a matt black and a matt-varnished gloss-turned silver strut each.

And the Carlsson R&D engineers consequently continue their work in the interior. Safe grip is provided by brushed aluminium pedal layers which can be obtained for either automatic or gear-shifted engines and by perfectly cut foot rests. In combination with the entirely newly designed foot mats with an integrated white-lit Carlsson logo, this renders a perfect ambience for the interior. Of course, also a tailor-made gearshift made of an ultrasuede-leather combination and door lock bolts made of turned aluminium are also available.

The automobile manufacturer Carlsson is approved by the German federal motor transport authority and provides performance enhancements for the models E 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (40 hp extra performance) from June and for the E 350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (46 PS extra performance) from July on. Carlsson offers the compressor kit CM50K including an entire exhaust system with racing header, high-performance catalysts and stainless steel mufflers for the top model E 500 (55 hp extra performance).

Perfect quality - always with a three-year warranty

Carlsson knows about the quality of its own products and therefore extends its own warranty. Since April 2009, Carlsson offers a three-year-warranty for all automobiles and products, regardless of whether a new or used car is concerned. Together with the Mercedes Benz Manufacturer Warranty, Carlsson offers a three-year safety for the entire vehicle. As it has been confirmed that all Carlsson products are equipped with OEM-quality parts and their safety was underlined by Mercedes, fitting Carlsson products does not lower the Mercedes Benz Manufacturer Warranty. Therefore, the Carlsson warranty perfectly amends the protection for the automobile. In order to view the exact warranty guidelines, please visit the web site http://www.carlsson.de.

From now on, the entire programme for the Mercedes-Benz E-class can be obtained directly from Carlsson, the web shop at http://www.carlsson.de or any Mercedes-Benz dealer. For more information about Carlsson and the exclusive refining programme for Smart and Mercedes-Benz automobiles, please visit the web site http://www.carlsson.de.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-26-09, 12:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

umm to me the horizontal led fogs look weird
Old 04-26-09, 12:58 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i like the rear alot, not so sure about the front yet
Old 04-26-09, 01:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

the front looks horrible. The fogs look like CTS head lights ( 1 st generation). Mercedes shrank the headlights on the car. Its like drawing a face with really small eyes.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan by Carlsson-4457_5_img_2700.jpg  
Old 04-26-09, 08:18 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll take the E63 over this...
Old 04-27-09, 01:22 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Why do the tail lights remind me of a Lincoln MKZ?
Old 07-27-09, 12:25 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this car looks SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-09, 12:28 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

The new E-Class are selling like hot cakes around here.
Old 07-27-09, 12:45 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wire mesh has to go

that stuff looks cheap
Old 07-27-09, 12:51 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's okay, but those vertical LED lights look pretty gimmicky.
Old 07-27-09, 02:23 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
It's okay, but those vertical LED lights look pretty gimmicky.
all LED looks gimicky

but audi's looks the coolest. but still gimmicky nevertheless
Old 07-27-09, 02:46 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like the new E......and especially the new E-coupe.
Lexus needs to get on the ball with a mid size coupe.
I know that's an old topic that's been beaten to smitherines but that's how much a love coupes. I'm even thinking of trading in the GS for an SC430. A car that's getting long in the tooth, arguably attractive and barely enough leg room......worse, has been compared to a chicks car or old persons car.

Back on topic. The outgoing E looks nice. Understated and bordering on plain. Still very handsome but kinda.......dated (I hate this word) even when it was new. The new E looks more modern. Which is not always a good thing but I like what they've done. Modded, it should be a real tasty piece. Just came out and Carllson has already put out some pieces. Next few months the other tuners will follow and I can't wait to see the results.
Old 07-27-09, 02:53 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunnojack
all LED looks gimicky

but audi's looks the coolest. but still gimmicky nevertheless
Yes, Audi's look the best and they meet the specs/criteria for DRL's, so they can call it a "safety feature" instead of just another styling gimmick or cliche.
Old 07-27-09, 03:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

not into the fogs or the wheels . I am still into the smoother lines of the previous generation
Old 07-27-09, 05:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Yes, Audi's look the best and they meet the specs/criteria for DRL's, so they can call it a "safety feature" instead of just another styling gimmick or cliche.
i am actually wondering about that. on the new e class on the road, i see their led (fogs?) on all the time, but i don't see DRL. does that mean those led i see are actually the DRL? i believe all new cars these days need to have DRL

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan by Carlsson