Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

new car -- 2008 e93 m3 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 01:18 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good choice on the M3, very nice vehicle. Much better looking than the IS-F IMO.
Old 02-24-09, 02:42 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think the price of the car was like 73k (just under invoice), but they jacked up the residual to stupidly high (50 something percent, SAME as 09, for a car that's practically one yr old) and next to zero money factor. that's what makes this car more attractive
oh.

so it came out to about ~9% discount.

man, i thought we were talking whopping 18% off
Old 02-24-09, 05:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Where are the other pictures Henry ? That's the same old picture you showed us weeks ago in the Moderator Forum ... come on, I know you have more, & with the top down
Old 02-24-09, 06:17 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great review and congrats on a beautiful car!!!
Old 02-24-09, 08:21 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats & welcome to the dark side of driving enthusiasts... Perfect color choice my man on the white.. No worries about brake jobs, oil changes, wiper refills etc, labor rates.. Just make a pit stop at any BMW Center & you are straight.. Isn't it great?
Old 02-24-09, 08:24 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Henry,

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I too spend another 1900 on their "upgraded" sound system and I think my 65$ ear buds sounds better. What a waste of money. I feel that you have to adjust the equalizer perfectly for every single song or it comes out like crap. That's the most beef that I have with my car.

I also couldnt find what I liked for the 2008 left over when they were having 1.9APR sales, so I ordered one for 2009 and get all the options I wanted. The new I-drive upgrade for 09 is much better than the one on my 07 4.8 X5.

Anyhoo, congrats again and I am not going to post the pictures of my car in this thread because it looks much than yours and well, that might just jack your thread.

I KID I KID!
Old 02-24-09, 08:26 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Congrats & welcome to the dark side of driving enthusiasts... Perfect color choice my man on the white.. No worries about brake jobs, oil changes, wiper refills etc, labor rates.. Just make a pit stop at any BMW Center & you are straight.. Isn't it great?
DASHOCKER, I know you like BMW but you should stop talking like that. You sound more and more like a BMW salesman.
Old 02-24-09, 08:27 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dunnojack
oh.

That's IS-F
Old 02-24-09, 08:31 AM
LexFather

Henry finally let the cat out the bag!!! Very very good review Henry, you should do more, I enjoyed the fair read!
White/black ftw!!!! I really like the M3 in white.

Old 02-24-09, 09:28 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love that car, nice in-depth review too.
Old 02-24-09, 09:52 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Whoa Henry. I was going to pm you for the car shopping follow up. Glad I checked car chat
white on black

I was kinda hoping you get the Audi

I must say that I'm not impressed with the exhaust after hearing one guy took off........my opinion. Won't matter since that's what us slow guys will be hearing while the M leaves the slow poke in the dust
Old 02-24-09, 10:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks for the kind words folks. i have to say this is a really really different car. considering we have owned 5 lexus in the past 7 years, the m3 gives us something different. both good and bad of course

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Nice review Henry. Fair and balanced with your impressions. I think you did a good job with impressing the differences between the M and the I. I'm thinking that the ISF is probably what "Lexus" wanted their car to be, a Luxury Performance Car, where as the M3 is a Peformance Luxury Car.

As someone who drove behind me on the Fontana Road Course driving ISFs, you saw me "intentionally" breaking those PS2's loose and the cars were a joy to drive.

I hope when I come to visit you this summer that you'll let me take your car out for a "SPIN".

YOU and I both know the true meaning of that word now don't we?
lol, just make sure you don't make right turns? i agree with you about the is-f, lexus made the car they want. the way i see it, if lexus made the is-f very close to m3, they will get even more earful

the ps2 is really insane, i just wonder what it's like when they wear out!

Originally Posted by GSteg
ok enough chit chat...

...so when do i get a ride

Awesome review. I really dig the fact that you're able to point out the flaws in both the M3 and IS-F. Certainly shows you're not biased towards one car.
lol, henry, we have yet to run into each other in irvine! you go to school there and i work right by uci and we never met!

yeah, i have grown to learn that every car has their goods and bads, it's important to know the goods but at the same time even more important to accept the bads.

Originally Posted by dunnojack
oh.

lexus and bmw are very different. lexus invoice price is quite a bit lower than msrp, whereas on bmw the invoice and msrp are much closer.

also keep in mind it's all number games. the price they offered were a bit under invoice, but at the same time they played with residual and money factor to make the deal good.

i checked last month on inventory, they cut the price of the car even more (more under invoice), but at the same time they raised the rate. so it's a toss. now if you pay cash for the car, of course it's different

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Where are the other pictures Henry ? That's the same old picture you showed us weeks ago in the Moderator Forum ... come on, I know you have more, & with the top down
lol, ok i have been lazy. it's been raining here. now finally the sun is out, i will see if i can wash the sucker this weekend and take down the top

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
lol, dark side is exact the words i use when talking to people. seriously, even brake pads are included in the maintenance, what else can i ask for. i just need to know how to push the car

Originally Posted by STIG
Henry,

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I too spend another 1900 on their "upgraded" sound system and I think my 65$ ear buds sounds better. What a waste of money. I feel that you have to adjust the equalizer perfectly for every single song or it comes out like crap. That's the most beef that I have with my car.

I also couldnt find what I liked for the 2008 left over when they were having 1.9APR sales, so I ordered one for 2009 and get all the options I wanted. The new I-drive upgrade for 09 is much better than the one on my 07 4.8 X5.

Anyhoo, congrats again and I am not going to post the pictures of my car in this thread because it looks much than yours and well, that might just jack your thread.

I KID I KID!
lol you know i love your e92, you have no idea how long i stared at pics of your car! i tried the 09 idrive, it's definitely a step up from the 08. i didn't have time to play with it long enough to see if i like it more though.

and forget about the audio, just floor the car
Old 02-24-09, 10:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Henry finally let the cat out the bag!!! Very very good review Henry, you should do more, I enjoyed the fair read!
White/black ftw!!!! I really like the M3 in white.
funny you talk about AW. when i look on the road, or if you take a look on m3post, bimmerforums, m3forums, sooooo many AW owners. i guess that's just the color to get j/k

yeah, whenever possible i do like to write. though often times i don't think i drive enough to give a fair review. these two cars, the m3 and is-f, i have researched for so long and driven extensively, i feel i can give 2 cents worth, hehe...

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Whoa Henry. I was going to pm you for the car shopping follow up. Glad I checked car chat
white on black

I was kinda hoping you get the Audi

I must say that I'm not impressed with the exhaust after hearing one guy took off........my opinion. Won't matter since that's what us slow guys will be hearing while the M leaves the slow poke in the dust
hahaha believe me we thought about the s5. however the performance is just disappointing for the price and engine config. not to mention their deals weren't close to be as good as the bmw. not bashing audi, coz' i think that means they are doing very well financially, but from my perspective it kind of put off our interest.

plus after reading the rs5 info, it's clear to me that's the car i'd prefer over the s5. but the car won't be here for months (if it comes), and the wait list will be stupid
Old 02-24-09, 10:32 AM
LexFather

Question everyone wants to know.....any mods coming?

Old 02-24-09, 10:33 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

love the color and the 19"

hopefully an IS-F-"C" will be be built....riiiiiiiiight.

Quick Reply: new car -- 2008 e93 m3 convertible