Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW owners(E90post.com)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-08, 01:59 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BMW owners(E90post.com)

I am growing sick and tired of the morons that post on the site e90post.com. They are absolutely full of themselves. BMW will never break this stereotype of cocky aholes owning their cars if these guys continue to act like this. Go over there and read some of the nonsense. By the 5th post I know that you will know what I am talking about. They even bash each other as fellow owners. This site and that site are night and day different.
Old 05-19-08, 02:06 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lucky i'm in clublexus. the people here are very civilized..that's why I stay in this forum

CL ftw!!
Old 05-19-08, 02:10 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this type of cross-forum commentary is not allowed, but I do agree with you. For the most part, ClubLexus has civil, insightful, educated, and downright awesome members. It's been great being a part of the CL family!
Old 05-19-08, 02:39 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been to a lot of forums, but CL has always been the best!
People are just so much nicer here.
Old 05-19-08, 02:40 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The big difference is the way the sites are run and moderated. I'm a BMW owner and know a lot of BMW owners. All the ones I know personally are great people. In fact, to them the BMW is just their car. Most of them are people I know from work. I don't usually hang out with or know too many BMW Club type people.

One thing you will notice about this site and that site or many other sites is moderators don't tolerate certain types of posts. In the short run this does seem like it would do much, but over time members start to learn to post in a more mature manner. Many other sites all ****, swearing, and anything goes. Over hear we have our "Sense of Community" reminder posts to remind people we don't want that type of site or posting here. That IMHO is the big difference.
Old 05-19-08, 02:43 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

I post on e90post because my bro has a e92.. i've met a few of the so cal members on e90 and they're great people.. i agree that some BMW owners are cocky and that's how it is, but not all of them are..

just gotta ignore the ignorance of some owners on that site.. no need to snoop down to their level..
Old 05-19-08, 02:55 PM
DoTheDEW
Do not buy from this member - open dispute with sales

Totally agree with you bro. I own a e90 bmw and I barely go on there. They talk a lot of shiet. Basically they're idiots.
Old 05-19-08, 03:43 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

e90 post is the new e46fanatics. Anyway, do you remember how 2IS sub forum was like here on CL before?
Old 05-19-08, 06:21 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Even though I no longer own a Lexus, CL is still my homepage. I don't go to the Bimmer forums because IMHO there are quite a few immature members. The only other forum I go to is myMBonline.com, those people there are really cool.
Old 05-19-08, 09:18 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

To me, I think Lexus themselves play a big part. When I drive my car, it's so much more stress free than when I drive other cars. Many times in situations I know I'm going to be passed by another car or another car's tailing me, I simply don't care and yield or brake check. It's more polite this way than flying off to not get tailed or passed, which my brother in his E90 does... Yes, he's one of the fast drivers out there that will give BMWs a bad name, but he's not cocky at all though...

All in all, I love CL.
Old 05-19-08, 11:20 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The big difference is the way the sites are run and moderated. I'm a BMW owner and know a lot of BMW owners. All the ones I know personally are great people. In fact, to them the BMW is just their car. Most of them are people I know from work. I don't usually hang out with or know too many BMW Club type people.

One thing you will notice about this site and that site or many other sites is moderators don't tolerate certain types of posts. In the short run this does seem like it would do much, but over time members start to learn to post in a more mature manner. Many other sites all ****, swearing, and anything goes. Over hear we have our "Sense of Community" reminder posts to remind people we don't want that type of site or posting here. That IMHO is the big difference.
agreed, i blame the moderators at e90.
Old 05-20-08, 01:16 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by STIG
e90 post is the new e46fanatics. Anyway, do you remember how 2IS sub forum was like here on CL before?
oh man . good thing they put new rules.
Old 05-20-08, 05:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBull
I am growing sick and tired of the morons that post on the site e90post.com. They are absolutely full of themselves. BMW will never break this stereotype of cocky aholes owning their cars if these guys continue to act like this. Go over there and read some of the nonsense. By the 5th post I know that you will know what I am talking about. They even bash each other as fellow owners. This site and that site are night and day different.
You are correct and it is truly sad.. It is the internet and you will encounter all sorts of online personalities. I seldomly post on there and only browse that board when I need E92 centered info.. I stick to bimmerfest more so than e90post for BMW info and vendor sales.
Old 05-20-08, 07:20 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

I went to a local e90post meet a few months ago and they all looked like this, no joke:
Old 05-20-08, 07:59 AM
nn432100
Lead Lap

haha!! ROTFL!!

Quick Reply: BMW owners(E90post.com)