Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Murano Break down...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08, 04:53 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Nissan Murano Break down...

Hi All,
Long story short my wifes Nissan Murano broke down today on a busy road.
Trans just stoped. When I got there, I pulled up and could smell the trans fluid. It's a 04 Murano with about 44k...Her and the baby took the Lex and went on her way, I called Nissan and after a quick suffle was told to have it towed to the dealer,( $101) so I did, and at about 5:30 we got there, only about 10 miles from were it broke down.
When we unloaded the car , a sales rep was standing there asked what happened, so I told him. An I mentioned I was actually looking to get a new Murano...then he just ended the conversation and went inside...?
So I go into the service dept. and this guy behind the desk gives me attitude because he's trying to leave for the day.? At this point I just want to get home myself...So when I asked about a rental, he tells be they are gone for the day , takes my keys and says call tomorow...?WTF
How do I get home? I ended up making a call and getting a ride.
But there was no help at all from this dealer.
I just want to see if anyone has a really good way to break somenones *****. So far I have no answers and no car. I was just at this dealer last month talking to a rep about trading the Murano for a new one and buying a GTR. At this point, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN !
Any ball breaking suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-31-08, 04:59 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's my boss' company car and yes, that car is plagued with transmission problem, i think there is a recall on it too.
Old 03-31-08, 05:09 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by whlkev
that's my boss' company car and yes, that car is plagued with transmission problem, i think there is a recall on it too.
I'm not to concerned about the car breaking down, parts break.
I am more concern that my wife and kid were stranded on the side of the road, and when I got to the dealer everyone sorta scattered.
I really just would like suggestions on how best to make everyones life hell. I am still slack jawed. It was like the boss left early and everyone there was looking to leave early.
I need therapy...I'm still so pissed.

Last edited by Big Willy; 03-31-08 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-31-08, 05:18 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Show up early tomorrow morning with messy hair, dirty clothes and a 5 o'clock shadow and tell them you slept outside because you did not get any help last night.

On a serious note, I'd be upset also. I would call the General Manager first thing in the morning and explain what happened and go from there.
Old 03-31-08, 05:45 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you with your concerns.

You know the problems with us Lexus owners?? We are too spoiled with the level of service that Lexus has been providing to us.

This crappy customer service is not only limited to Nissan, but also spreads among all other manufactures. I also had a similar experience with BMW, and I totally disagree with the way they stand behind their products. S*** happens, parts break. Just stand by your product when it happens.
Old 03-31-08, 05:57 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^

i dont get spoiled from lexus.
i get treated like i own a BMW
Old 03-31-08, 06:03 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.,
Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

Give these folks a call and tell them your story. They want to hear when dealerships mistreat customers.
Old 04-01-08, 07:37 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

A few years back my uncle, cousin and I worked on my buddy's wife's Murano. She only had about 30K miles on it and the transfer case broke. It was a very expensive proposition at 3,000 USD here, but we found a second hand junker replacement. However, you can see the damage that occurred.

Other funny thing is that Nissan Mexico had no CVT fluid available either, since we also drained out the tranny, and that was a major PITA to get from the U.S., even though she was a diplomat.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan Murano Break down...-img_0153.jpg  
Old 04-01-08, 08:42 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the main reason I'll never get a Nissan again. Even though I had the top end sedan at the time (02 Maxima) and spent a decent amount of coin - I still get treated as if I own a 10 year old Sentra.

Another thing I didn't realize until after I got my car was that Nissan didn't offer any sort of road side assistance as part of their normal warranty. Thankfully I was never stranded due to a problem... but even my wife's (then girlfriend) 2000 Ford Focus had road side assistance!
Old 04-01-08, 09:00 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMax96
This is the main reason I'll never get a Nissan again. Even though I had the top end sedan at the time (02 Maxima) and spent a decent amount of coin - I still get treated as if I own a 10 year old Sentra.

Another thing I didn't realize until after I got my car was that Nissan didn't offer any sort of road side assistance as part of their normal warranty. Thankfully I was never stranded due to a problem... but even my wife's (then girlfriend) 2000 Ford Focus had road side assistance!
because without road side assistance or system like on star, no one will dare to buy ford or gm
Old 04-01-08, 02:22 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

So maybe I should have started a month ago when my wife got stuck because of the battery being dead...well I show up with a battery and get her on the way, the battery is out of warrenty, so I replace it out of pocket, roughly 3yrs on the battery...
Well after an entire day on the phone, the service manager tells me the hose to the trans has a hole from battery acid. Thats why the trans stopped.
And you guessed it , not one thing covered under warranty...Then the service guy trys telling me it was because of the battery that I put in.
I asked if it was leaking now, and he said "no.
I'm thinking ("..."THAT"S BECAUSE I HAD TO REPLACE THE F'ED UP NISSAN ONE !" IDIOT ! )

NEVER EVER BUY A NISSAN ! EVER ! NOT EVEN THE GTR, EVER !

Last edited by Big Willy; 04-01-08 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-01-08, 03:23 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Big_Willy,

You've got the right asnwer; that's how you "bust their *****". Go to the SALES manager and explain to him that you were ready to buy another Murano but, considering how horribly you've been treated by THEIR service department, you'll be taking your new car business elsewhere...forever.

The service guys don't give a crap if they lose a customer. You can damn well be sure that the sales guys care if a repeat new-car-purchase customer goes away and never comes back.

My parents have bought 7 Toyota Camry's (for my mom). And they bought all 7 of them from the same sales guy. If they have a service problem, they don't go to the service manager, they go to HIM. He gets things straighted out in a hurry!
Old 04-01-08, 05:55 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

I agree, a good salesperson should not forget about you after delivery....If you buy 7 cars or 1 car, they should help you from cradle to grave. That is sales 101!
Old 04-01-08, 06:07 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by MD350
I agree, a good salesperson should not forget about you after delivery....If you buy 7 cars or 1 car, they should help you from cradle to grave. That is sales 101!
I just don't understand...?
Between Lexus service and my bussiness, Customer satisfaction must be spoiling me. It really would have been so easy for them to sell me on a new car. All it would have taken, would have been someone to say, "Your right. Now heres what we can do to take care of the problem." It's a huge dealership, with plenty of resources to put together a good deal for both parties...whatever, I'll have a new car soon, and it will not be a Nissan.
I'm so burned out from the whole thing, it's just going to be so much easier to turn away and get something else...I'm in this for a nice car, not to break peoples ***** or teach them anything.
Old 04-01-08, 06:23 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

But, I really do think you need to let them know. The sales department needs to know that they lost a guaranteed sale because of the service department.

It won't make a difference for you but, maybe...just maybe...it'll make a difference for the next guy who has to go to that dealership with a service issue.

They can't learn from their mistakes unless they know they've made them. Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Nissan Murano Break down...