Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Small CUV?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 04:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

probably not a bad idea to compete with the RDX, X3, and GLK. Even Porsche and Audi are getting into the game. Lexus needs to step up considering the RX is going to get bigger ( as they all do with each passing generation)
Old 04-19-11, 04:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
the IS is smaller and a sporty variant to the entry level sedan. A smaller RX would be an RX with 5 seats, versus a new RX with 7 seats. Not too much variability there. Plus the IS had room to grow to a convertible and F model. THe SUVs do not.

and somebody asked for a Lexus Venza? Thats the RX!
look at it this way: they will have Lexus Rav4 just like they have Lexus Highlander. Doesnt matter if they both have 5 seats, they are still quite different vehicles.
Old 04-19-11, 04:46 PM
LexFather

let me get this right. (and the thread is here actually)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...xt-spring.html
First the infiniti CUV is the EX. This is a CUV thread. The JX will be a much larger 7 seater and not a CUV.

Infiniti follows everything Lexus has done. They are now making a FWD car based SUV that will seat 7 and this is some leading vehicle? This will be their new FWD platform.

Is it something some people want? Yes. Most people? Nope. Lexus sometimes sells nearly as many RXs as the entire Infinity lineup. I think they know what they are doing.Most 7 seats are rarely used and pretty useless.

I find it hilarious people applauding these vehicles that refuse to battle the RX head on b/c they would fail. Caddy as least had the ***** with the SRX.

Its pathetic to see the RX get no due and people applauding everything else that follows it.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-19-11 at 09:48 PM.