Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar XJ facelift revealed

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 12:45 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. Very classy.
Old 03-02-07, 10:03 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I finished the job for you Jaguar. Pay me now.

Old 03-02-07, 11:59 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Incendiary
New X-Type? They're getting rid of that car. You mean the X-CF or whatever it's called? That's the new S-Type replacement.
S-Type, X-Type...blah
yeah, the X-CF concept
Old 03-03-07, 12:52 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, it took me walking through a Jag dealership to really fall in love with their cars. Last time I was at the dealership getting my car services I saw a 07 XKR and XJR...they took my breath away! They also had an S-Type R which I am also in love with! I really think Jaguar should stick to their roots BUT should be a little more daring in their designs. I think the S-Type, when first released, was the most beautiful car I'd ever seen.

I think another reason they don't sell many cars is because there aren’t many dealership. I see new Jags all over cities that have dealerships.

I was in McAllen Tx driving around with a co-worker this week. We passed by a new S550 and I commented on how good it looked. He looked at it and said "it looks alright, but all these cars are starting to look the same now". He said it looked like a "more aerodynamic" Honda Accord. This is a guy who drives a Sub Forester and could really give a damn about driving a $100k car. He then ran through a list of expensive sedans that he thought looked alike. I asked him what he though of a Jaguar. He said "a Jaguar is a Jaguar, when I see a Jaguar I think pure elegance, luxury, and money".

I'm telling you, ever since purchasing my X-Type about 4 months ago, I have received more compliments that all my other cars (past and present) combined. I pull up to drive through and people compliment it. I had a women next to me at a gas station just the other day ask "wanna trade cars? That is a beautiful car!". She was driving a brand new Seville. Weds I had a couple walking past my car while I was getting in and they were both awe struck by the look of the car. The woman almost got in the car with me!.

I have really been impressed by the attention my car gets. It also makes me feel good about my purchase.
Old 03-03-07, 07:39 AM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronCobra
You know, it took me walking through a Jag dealership to really fall in love with their cars. Last time I was at the dealership getting my car services I saw a 07 XKR and XJR...they took my breath away! They also had an S-Type R which I am also in love with! I really think Jaguar should stick to their roots BUT should be a little more daring in their designs. I think the S-Type, when first released, was the most beautiful car I'd ever seen.

I think another reason they don't sell many cars is because there aren’t many dealership. I see new Jags all over cities that have dealerships.

I was in McAllen Tx driving around with a co-worker this week. We passed by a new S550 and I commented on how good it looked. He looked at it and said "it looks alright, but all these cars are starting to look the same now". He said it looked like a "more aerodynamic" Honda Accord. This is a guy who drives a Sub Forester and could really give a damn about driving a $100k car. He then ran through a list of expensive sedans that he thought looked alike. I asked him what he though of a Jaguar. He said "a Jaguar is a Jaguar, when I see a Jaguar I think pure elegance, luxury, and money".

I'm telling you, ever since purchasing my X-Type about 4 months ago, I have received more compliments that all my other cars (past and present) combined. I pull up to drive through and people compliment it. I had a women next to me at a gas station just the other day ask "wanna trade cars? That is a beautiful car!". She was driving a brand new Seville. Weds I had a couple walking past my car while I was getting in and they were both awe struck by the look of the car. The woman almost got in the car with me!.

I have really been impressed by the attention my car gets. It also makes me feel good about my purchase.
No offense, but I think that just shows women are out of their minds
Old 03-03-07, 08:16 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Boring old man car.
Old 03-03-07, 12:11 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Boring old man car.