Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Japan Report: Acura’s NSX Seen Headed Back To The Drawing Board ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-07, 07:22 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
How hard it is to design and build something like this? Every one and their mother with photo shop can design something like this in their spare time but Honda. It is not perfect, but it looks so much better as a mid engine

Nice work! I'd want one if it looked like this.
Old 02-24-07, 07:33 PM
RiceMaster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda doesn't want to do another mid engine NSX cuz it'll hurt Ferrari and everyone else too much like the original NSX did. This is also the same reason why Honda doesn't feel the need to use DOHC when SOHC is already better than the competitions DOHC. Same with the V8 thing when a V6 is sufficient for the market. Honda likes to do things that they haven't done before. For example: S2000/NSX/RIDGELINE!!!
Old 02-24-07, 11:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RiceMaster
Honda doesn't want to do another mid engine NSX cuz it'll hurt Ferrari and everyone else too much like the original NSX did. This is also the same reason why Honda doesn't feel the need to use DOHC when SOHC is already better than the competitions DOHC. Same with the V8 thing when a V6 is sufficient for the market. Honda likes to do things that they haven't done before. For example: S2000/NSX/RIDGELINE!!!
This is not 1990. Two things happened.
1. Honda took the exotics by surprise with the NSX. It was that damn good and way less $$$ and was relible.
2. Lexus took the Germans by surprise.

One thing I give to those European companies, they got it together FAST. BMW, Benz, Ferrari, Lambo, etc will simply NOT be caught with their pants down again.

The market is WAY to competitive. Honda simply took way to long for a NSX replacement and honestly with so many great cars (even Audi has a R8) it won't have nearly as much of an impact as in 1990.

Old 02-25-07, 03:17 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UDel
This was just some sketch I found on the internet that would look great as a new NSX. Acura should hire the person who did this instead of the current NSX designers.
I agree 200%!!