Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Club AVALON???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 07:02 AM
Nunzie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club AVALON???

I'm in the market for a GS3 / GS4, but recently picked up a 01 Avalon.

I'm having a hard time finding a web site like CL that supports the Avalon.

The closest one I found was ToyotaNation.

Do you guys have any suggestion?

I probably can find some good info in the ES300 section of CL.
Old 02-18-07, 07:43 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Toyotanation probably is the best place. I would consider it as the best for Camrys. One difference in the Toyota group for instance would be the Solara, and in that case there is no substitute for www.solaraguy.com

And yes you are right, the motor group is similar, the 1MZ-FE.

Pheonix in the ES forum is the expert here on those motors.
Old 02-18-07, 09:50 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I agree with LexMex...try Toyotanation.

Though I generally don't agree with a lot of auto stereotypes, one of the reasons it's not easy to find dedicated Avalon forums is the fact that many Avalon buyers are older than the generation that grew up with computers, so they don't spend much time on the Internet talking to each other. They also are quite conservative drivers who are not into modding their cars or any sort of Internet-sponsored meets or competition either. They use their cars for exactly what they were designed for...easy Interstate cruising in comfort and quiet, though the new Avalons, like most cars these days, have slightly more aggressive tires and wheels than the ones they replace...especially the Touring model.
Old 02-18-07, 10:00 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree with LexMex...try Toyotanation.

Though I generally don't agree with a lot of auto stereotypes, one of the reasons it's not easy to find dedicated Avalon forums is the fact that many Avalon buyers are older than the generation that grew up with computers, so they don't spend much time on the Internet talking to each other. They also are quite conservative drivers who are not into modding their cars or any sort of Internet-sponsored meets or competition either. They use their cars for exactly what they were designed for...easy Interstate cruising in comfort and quiet, though the new Avalons, like most cars these days, have slightly more aggressive tires and wheels than the ones they replace...especially the Touring model.
An astute observation IMO.

I think a certain amount of it also holds true when discussing the ES350. Maybe a slightly younger demographic, but close.
Old 02-18-07, 10:16 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I think the mindset for Avalon buyers is changing. The past two weeks, I've seen several modded, on 20's, lowered, one with the whole deal- wheels, lowered and kitted. Those kids who may have had a Camry have moved to the next step. Then I've also seen DUB versions too with spinners.

The car looks nice fixed up in a VIP style way.
Old 02-18-07, 10:24 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Solara guy or TN would be the best alternatives. Camryman.org which was the best Camry related forum at the time is now defunct. I haven't kept it with that part of the community in a long time, but there is no Avalon specific forum that I know of right now.

I was at one time a moderator on Solaraguy when it first started. On top of that I was the Founding Member and President of the Southern California Camry Club (TeamSC3). I was able to archive what was left of our old website. The forums kept it alive but got tired of fixing vBull. database errors overtime. You can see what we did in the past here.

At the time, although Camry related. I rocked the MCX10 Gen1 in DWP 051. That was pre-CL back in 00. I actually started TeamSC3 because of the growing modified Camry contingent at the time. Because the Avalon was not primarily a car to mod, I decided to put together a group consisting of friends with Camrys, Solaras, Avalons, even Siennas and the ES. My times have changed.

Last edited by flipside909; 02-18-07 at 10:28 AM.