Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Alfa Romeo Daytona Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 11:27 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alfa Romeo Daytona Prototype

The Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione is clearly an object of desire, but what if it lived up to its literal name by breeding a competition automobile? Picchio has come up with the answer in the form of its new Daytona prototype.

The car is being created by Europe's only Grand Am-certified manufacturer in order to fill an anticipated demand emerging from new regulations in the race series, which allow for a race car's body to be adapted to match an engine supplier's styling. In other words, if it's running an Alfa powerplant, it can and should look like an Alfa.

In anticipation of Alfa Romeo homologating its new V8 engine for racing, Picchio redesigned its DP2 racing chassis to accommodate the engine and adapted the bodywork to mirror the styling of the roadgoing 8C Competition coupe. The result is a beautiful concept that we hope to see on the race track in the near future. As with Alfa Romeo's own impending re-emergence into the US market, until then this car will just have to keep our hearts racing.
Source:Picchio via autoblog

So the question is, will we be seeing a daytona prototype that resembles a production Lexus model? The SC perhaps?

Last edited by MR_F1; 02-18-07 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-18-07, 11:33 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

dear god thats a good looking car.

at least, looks a damnsight better than the enzo
Old 02-18-07, 11:52 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Alfa has some great designs, among the best in the industry, and I am glad to see the tradition continues.
Old 02-18-07, 01:09 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

granted its just a drawing, but it looks like some matchbox cars i played with as a kid... to bland to me. I like sharper cars. But im sure when/if they make it, it will look alot better

-J