Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C&D First Drive: Audi R8

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 11:35 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Interestingly enough, but I do agree that the price justifies the lack of performance. I'm pretty sure it'll be somewhat packed with some cool electronic gadgets and whatnot, but probably won't be stepping on the toes of any of the supercars. I think the styling of this vehicle is way aggressive for its performance... almost like at sight of it, you'd expect exotic supercar performance.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that its top speed is drag limited.
Old 01-23-07, 11:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I personally have no problems with its power rating at all. I really dont think its underrated. As long as its fast as its competition (which it seems it is) and handles just as well, its okay with me. And I havent heard about the V10 rumors, however I have heard about V12 diesel rumors.

Seems to be more of a M6, SL55, Aston Martin, 997S competitor with the looks and top end speed of a Lambo, Ferrari, or a 997TT.

Also I never believed those Porsche rumors. Some of them made sense, but others I highly doubt they will follow through with such as axing the R8. But first they have to acquire there 29-30% share to do anything.
Old 01-24-07, 01:07 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MR_F1
where did you ever get the idea that the LF-A would be more GT than sports car?
I agree a proper sports car is mid engined, but you cant look at carbon ceramic brakes and a V10 (as opposed to a smoother V12) as a GT car.
While I agree we have to wait and see what the real production car is, even the Lexus press releases called it a GT car previously. I haven't seen the LF-A change too much from the first concept form, so I figure Lexus is still calling it a GT car.
Old 01-24-07, 02:29 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didnt porsche already got their 30% already?

anyways, i doubt Audi needs much attention from Porsche now
the cannibalization of the market isnt that big of a deal yet
its Bugatti that is losing money big time so im sure thats the first thing to be changed

i love the way R8 looks except for that piece of carbon fibre just behind the doors on a dark coloured R8...
Audi always have awesome interior though