Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKSTORY**Why I will never park next to someone again**

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 07:29 AM
Ronsully
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraristo
That happened to me one time. I got out and said to the guy, "hey, you just hit my car"....the guy replied, "it's just a car, damn people get so possesive". I then replied, paybacks a *****! He said "whatever" and walked away. When he went inside the store, I grabbed a loose cobblestone from the island and put a nice hole in the windshield of his brand new E55. That'll teach that rich *****. Bet he won't do that again.
Wow. is this for real?
Old 01-16-07, 07:35 AM
Ronsully
Pole Position

This sucks... I will add my 2cents with my story.

I had purchased my TT supra a few days before and I park it up front in an end spot. We go in the store and come out to find a pick-up truck actually hitting my car with its bumper. I was in shock. I was like WTF is that car parked with its bumper pushing my bumper in. I couldn't believe it. I pulled my car back a little and noticed some indentions from the truck. I was pissed. My wife and I waited until the owner came out. I was polite and asked the guy why. He said he didn't do anything. After a little arguement he laughed and admitted he did it on purpose and said what was I going to do... Since I owned a fancy sports car. I told him not to leave and stood behind his truck. He tried to run me over so I kicked and punched his car (boy did I mess that truck up, I kicked it so hard the paint cracked). :lol: He then had the nerve to say I had to pay for the damage. I returned the laugh back to him and said call the cops. You tried to run me over. DUMBAZZ HATERS
Old 01-16-07, 08:48 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That may not work (?) with the new tire-pressure-monitoring valve stems. They appear to be metallic and attached solidly to the wheel underneath.
Cars equipped with TPMS systems do use a metal valve stem, but they still
use a conventional valve core which can easily be loosened.

Cars with rubber valve stems... if I'm in a hurry, I can just chop 'em off
with a pair of Dikes kept in the trunk. This method is noisy.

Ask me how I know this.
Old 01-16-07, 09:11 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
why is it so hard to control your own door when opening it. if you are skilled enough to drive a car, you should be able to open your door with enough finesse as to not bash the car next to you.
Skilled enough to drive a car - that's a good one! I know people who refer to the gas and brake pedals as "go" and "stop". They couldn't parallel park to save their lives, they don't look when they change lanes, they tailgate, they leave turn signals on, then they DON'T signal when the should, they yak on the cell phone driving at 40 on the highway drifting across lanes. And you wonder why they might ding a door in a parking lot? Hard to focus on that while you're still having an intense conversation on the cell phone and grabbing the Louis Vitton bag?

people who don't give a crap about the car next to them & just push their door open and let it fly drive me nuts.
Better check in to the funny farm then.

btw-Bit did you get a miata?
Yup - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=256935
Old 01-16-07, 09:22 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Just had another thought... I almost forgot this:

I always inspect my car before I get into it. If you didn't know me and saw me
circling my car before getting into it, this might strike you as a little odd.

If a car is parked next to me that wasn't there before (especially an SUV)
I pay particular attention to the vertical door surfaces, checking for dings.
If you park your SUV too close to me, even if you didn't ding me,
you are rewarded with a passenger side exterior mirror fold-in. Most of these
dufuses probably don't even realize their mirror is folded back for several blocks.

If you DO manage to ding me, you are rewarded with a free valve core adjustment.
Removing the valve core entirely is too noisy. A subtle 1/4 turn will allow the
once confined air molecules their freedom, and a flat tire in a matter of about
30 minutes.
Inconvenient? Sure... but I am STUCK with a door ding, you can
change the tire and be on your merry way. I'm a classy guy; I'd prefer not
to inflict permanent damage.

If you get away unpunished... well.... karma can be a b!+cH
What do you mean by this? Valve core?
Old 01-16-07, 10:08 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,266 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Last night I had a lady friend take me out for my b-day at Garrisons at Perimeter Mall. I walked her back to her car and then I hopped in and she took me to my car. We ended up talking (seriously, I was just talking ) in the car when we both notice like 4 adults and 3 kids walking to our area. We are parked next to my car, which is on the passenger side.

So clearly this group is parked next to her (we are in a 2000 or so Camry) and next thing, we hear "BAM" and both look at each other, in surprise as one of the women just knocks into the Camry with her door. My lady friend says "wow, guess she didn't see us in the car" and we brush it off until

BAM

She does it again!

This is not even a small tap. I mean its like she is trying to push her door in the Camry! My date starts getting a little hot (not b/c of me) and I'm like "chill out, I am sure it was an accident"

WRONG. WRONG WRONG.

This #()$()#)( waste of life and should be next in line behind Saadam in the hanging department moves to the door behind us and no crap

BAM
BAM
BAM

I mean the CAMRY is shaking!! Now, she is putting the kids in the backseat and CLEARLY has no regards to property. We are now both in shock. I fly off the handle and get out the car and stand up "WHAT THE F--- IS YOUR F--K--G ISSUE DON'T YOU SEE A CAR"???!!! And the 2 couples stand there in shock. I approach their car (Buick Regal, like a 2000 or so) and state "Would you like me to hit your F--K--G car 6 times"???

The other couple walks off, they are parked about 4 cars down, into a new M35/45. The lady gets in her car real quick and the husband jumps in and they drive off.

I cannot believe, I am IN the car and witnessed first hand, peoples total disregard for property. I looked to see if my date parked on the white line and NO. She is parked pretty much in the middle.

We looked and it was dark so we couldn't tell if any damage (we did see a door ding) was there but I WILL NEVER EVER park next to people again. I will just go back to the old me when I parked 30 minutes away from everyone by myself.

It is very sad to witness, first hand, an ADULT do this.

Sick you know we sometimes disagree on things. I'm sorry but....... even if this was someone else posting, I gotta come down on you about this one. You other guys getting into in the parking lot is kinda crazy to me too. Sounds like Parking lot RAGE !

Kids around, a lady bangs the car door in your lady friends car. OK.

1. I would have not waited 6 times or " flew off the handle " and F worded Cursed a Mom out in front of 3 kids no less.

2. Your own last words sentence in this post should also be applied to what you did. Kinda think about it. Perhaps after the second bump, " excuse me but do your realize you are banging my door would have worked ".

Last edited by jgscott; 01-16-07 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-16-07, 10:52 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jgscott
1. I would have not waited 6 times or " flew off the handle " and F worded Cursed a Mom out in front of 3 kids no less.
See, thats what I am saying. I am 100% with you on that.
Old 01-17-07, 09:14 AM
newr
Lexus Champion

Sick you know we sometimes disagree on things. I'm sorry but....... even if this was someone else posting, I gotta come down on you about this one. You other guys getting into in the parking lot is kinda crazy to me too. Sounds like Parking lot RAGE !

Kids around, a lady bangs the car door in your lady friends car. OK.

2. Your own last words sentence in this post should also be applied to what you did. Kinda think about it. Perhaps after the second bump, " excuse me but do your realize you are banging my door would have worked ".
Originally Posted by retrodrive
See, thats what I am saying. I am 100% with you on that.
I am sorry but I have to agree with Sick on this. You don't know these kids. How do you know if these kids are the angels or the bullies @ school who pick on other kids? Kids learn and pick up a lot from their parents... There are always exceptions, but if the parents are A$$hole and have no regard for others's properties, chances are their kids are the same. Sick may have done these kids a favor and taught them a good life lesson that you do not mess with other people. Luckily he was just cursing around... what if it was some other crazy dude?

I agree however, that if Sick has kids and they were with him, than He should have done the #2.
Old 01-17-07, 10:31 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow - i don't know what i would have done.

i probably would have punched in their fender and said - "oops! tee hee."

some truck tapped my car one day and i had a golf club out ready to smash their windshield. my cousin stopped me but after she left, I took the truck's radio antenna and left a note saying "can't park a big truck, don't drive a big truck."

seriously though - some people suck.
Old 01-17-07, 10:34 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronsully
This sucks... I will add my 2cents with my story.

I had purchased my TT supra a few days before and I park it up front in an end spot. We go in the store and come out to find a pick-up truck actually hitting my car with its bumper. I was in shock. I was like WTF is that car parked with its bumper pushing my bumper in. I couldn't believe it. I pulled my car back a little and noticed some indentions from the truck. I was pissed. My wife and I waited until the owner came out. I was polite and asked the guy why. He said he didn't do anything. After a little arguement he laughed and admitted he did it on purpose and said what was I going to do... Since I owned a fancy sports car. I told him not to leave and stood behind his truck. He tried to run me over so I kicked and punched his car (boy did I mess that truck up, I kicked it so hard the paint cracked). :lol: He then had the nerve to say I had to pay for the damage. I returned the laugh back to him and said call the cops. You tried to run me over. DUMBAZZ HATERS
Wow - that sucks. I always carry a fire extinguisher in my car and had that been me, I probably would have picked it up out my trunk and bashed the crap out of the truck or let loose and sprayed the truck and owner with it. (BTW - that stuff is HARD to get off!)
Old 01-17-07, 02:20 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by newr
I am sorry but I have to agree with Sick on this. You don't know these kids. How do you know if these kids are the angels or the bullies @ school who pick on other kids? Kids learn and pick up a lot from their parents... There are always exceptions, but if the parents are A$$hole and have no regard for others's properties, chances are their kids are the same. Sick may have done these kids a favor and taught them a good life lesson that you do not mess with other people. Luckily he was just cursing around... what if it was some other crazy dude?

I agree however, that if Sick has kids and they were with him, than He should have done the #2.
Guess it depends on your Maturity level, OR Not.

Did you notice the part where he said, the Mom was putting the kids in the car. Does that make any light bulbs go off any some of you guy's heads about the kids possible ages ?

So... Lets see, you agree with Sick questioning bumping a car door in a parking lot is not an adult thing to do, but Cursing the F word in a rage at a Mom and 3 small kids is HUH !

Then please read your statement here= " Sick may have done these kids a favor and taught them a good life lesson that you do not mess with other people. Luckily he was just cursing around... what if it was some other crazy dude ? "

Yeah like the dude who was with her and walked away. This is sad. As a member of CL I would be embarrassed if someone linked this to another forum as a representation of Club Lexus owners.

I'm Done !
Old 01-17-07, 03:08 PM
Gotham
Rookie

Accidents are accidents and they don't bother me at all. I once had a lady park next to me with a newer Camaro. She opened her door to get out (while I was still inside my car) and the wind caught the large door which hit my passenger door with a loud thud. She checked my car and I could tell she felt bad. I waited to get out of my car so she wouldn't get nervous.

That's one thing. Being careless is quite another. People that don't respect other's property is inexcuseable. Some people care about their cars' physical appearance more than others (like me). But just because you might not care about your car doesn't give you a permission slip to treat mine in the same manner.

I rarely have negative parking lot experiences since I am really picky about where I park whenever possible. But people that are victimized by the thoughtless behavior of others definately have a right to be pissed.
Old 01-17-07, 03:16 PM
DavE713
Lead Lap

stop being so high and mighty jg

sometimes in the heat of the moment ***** HAPPENDS
Old 01-17-07, 03:42 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Guess it depends on your Maturity level, OR Not.

Did you notice the part where he said, the Mom was putting the kids in the car. Does that make any light bulbs go off any some of you guy's heads about the kids possible ages ?

So... Lets see, you agree with Sick questioning bumping a car door in a parking lot is not an adult thing to do, but Cursing the F word in a rage at a Mom and 3 small kids is HUH !

Then please read your statement here= " Sick may have done these kids a favor and taught them a good life lesson that you do not mess with other people. Luckily he was just cursing around... what if it was some other crazy dude ? "

Yeah like the dude who was with her and walked away. This is sad. As a member of CL I would be embarrassed if someone linked this to another forum as a representation of Club Lexus owners.

I'm Done !
Learning is not limited by age. I guess it was a little too late for these kids to learn and respect other's properties.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251956
Old 01-17-07, 07:53 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by newr
Learning is not limited by age. I guess it was a little too late for these kids to learn and respect other's properties.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251956
A little off topic now. In the Link you posted do you agree with 14 year old kids being shot and killed for egging a SUV ? Think people don't get shot, stabbed and hurt from arguments started in parking lots. ?

Sorry but as you mentioned about upbringing, I don't think , going into a rage cursing a Mom out in front of her kids is the right way to deal with the situation. I am not saying that's its OK to bang other doors and do damage or that you should not say anything. There are many other ways to respond as I myself, and other have said. That's all I said.

DavE713 So high and mighty to me = losing your temper going into a Rage.

Quick Reply: 1SICKSTORY**Why I will never park next to someone again**