Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-06, 08:04 AM
LexFather

Post Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A 14-year-old boy who was throwing eggs at cars along with two other teenagers was shot and killed by someone who had been in a sport utility vehicle that was hit, police said.

Danny Crawford was killed by a gunshot wound to his upper body, Franklin County Coroner Brad Lewis said. He died in an alley on the city's west side early Saturday, authorities said.

The teens were throwing eggs at cars when an SUV that was struck chased them, Detective Tim Huston said. The vehicle stopped and several gunshots were fired, he said.

Police were looking for the shooter, who fled in the SUV, Sgt. Dana Norman said. The SUV believed to be involved was found a short time later near where Crawford died.

The other teens were not hurt, police said.

Old 12-03-06, 08:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I have mixed feelings about this. Certainly, messing up a paint job, even a nice or expensive one, ( the ingredients in eggs can damage car paint even after they are cleaned off ) does not justify taking a human life. But, on the other hand, stories like this, IMO, should be given a lot of publicity and shown all over the country.........if nothing else, it would warn teens and vandals of the potential consequences of their actions, and we would probably see a LOT less vandalism.
Old 12-03-06, 09:04 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I have mixed feelings about this. Certainly, messing up a paint job, even a nice or expensive one, ( the ingredients in eggs can damage car paint even after they are cleaned off ) does not justify taking a human life. But, on the other hand, stories like this, IMO, should be given a lot of publicity and shown all over the country.........if nothing else, it would warn teens and vandals of the potential consequences of their actions, and we would probably see a LOT less vandalism.
I agree, I feel the same. I wish this had happened to a person throwing stones at cars though, then it would have been more deserving . . .
Old 12-03-06, 09:14 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
I agree, I feel the same. I wish this had happened to a person throwing stones at cars though, then it would have been more deserving . . .
Teens sometimes do a lot worse than just toss stones. I know of cases...some nearby here in the DC area......where big, heavy objects were dropped from overpasses, causing massive injuries or death.
Old 12-03-06, 09:23 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

if anyone is out there to intentially harm someone they should suffer the consiquences when it comes. say he hit a car in the windshield and causes a major accident. i think those punk kids deserved EVERYTHING that happened to them.
Old 12-03-06, 09:54 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

...Oh Well....
Old 12-03-06, 11:07 AM
okcfunky
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with kietlander.
I kinda wish there more of these incidents to help discourage.
Old 12-03-06, 11:18 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

No sympathy here. Another Darwin award.
Old 12-03-06, 11:21 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

My car has been egged for no reason before. If I knew who it was, I probably would have done something similar, but not shooting. I probably beat the ***** out of him.
Old 12-03-06, 11:54 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Hrm... not sure what to think of this. You can imagine how I feel about egging cars.
Old 12-03-06, 12:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This story reminds me of my youth. My buddies and I used to throw eggs on people mostly. We were big high school football players and didn't care if they got mad....they couldn't kick our butts. We may have been kids but we were bigger and stronger than most adults. I was 275 lbs, nuff said.

One weekend, my buddies were all busy and I wanted to do some some egging. I took my little brother and 2 little cousins. We egged this one car and it happened to be the wrong guy....he had a gun. If I wee with my buddies, I wouldn't have run. But I didn't want my family to get hurt so I took off. We were in my 69 Plymouth Satellite. It had decent power. The guy chased us all over the city. It was like a movie car chase scene. We ran traffic lights. Went through alleys. I pulled one sweet move running a light between two cars coming the opposite direction and ducked into a neighborhood and turned off the lights. The guy went by. He realized I must have turned off and he doubled back. We were tucked in beside someones house so we could see the guy going around back forth. He was about to give up when some guy who had nothing to do with this ran out and yelled, there they are. I couldn't believe it. I hit the gas almost hitting our pursuer which caudht him off guard. That gave us enough time to get out of that hood, make a few turns and the chaser didn't know where we went. I hit the interstate back for home turf.

I never egged people or cars ever again. All I could think of was how my little cousins could have been hurt.
Old 12-03-06, 01:51 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car had been egged once before and I felt like beating the little snots who did it. Lucky for them, I turned around and couldn't find them.

Do I feel sorry for the kid that got shot? Nope. I feel sorry for his family when they have to think about how he wasted his life.

Lesson: Don't ***** with people's cars. Every parent should teach their kids this. Mine knows better.
Old 12-03-06, 03:28 PM
liquidsilver
Driver

I guess we all go through this stage where we're just young , dumb and full of ***.....but these days 14yr olds arent really the same 14yr old kids say 20 yrs ago.They are physically and mentally more developed and they should know better. Honestly I cant say shooting the kid was the correct action taken but I hope many kids will learn from this event......not to **** with other peoples property and their personal space. Also you cant really blame the parents....I mean how many times have u guys lied to ur parents when u were young? I'm sure there were a few moments.
Old 12-03-06, 03:58 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Darwin ain't it wonderful/sad
Old 12-03-06, 04:37 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

well either way, no one deserved to die like that
i think warning shots fired into the air wouldve been more justified and wouldve scared those kids off the streets for sure

Quick Reply: Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain