Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Infiniti QX56

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-07, 10:24 PM
LexFather

Exclamation 2008 Infiniti QX56

DETROIT (Jan. 7, 2007) – Following a record setting sales trend and the successful launch of the all-new G sedan, Infiniti is keeping the momentum going with today’s unveiling of the 2008 Infiniti QX full-size luxury sport utility vehicle at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

With a new interior and refined exterior, Infiniti is enhancing and improving what customers already love about the QX – styling, technology, comfort – without compromising its towing capacity and interior roominess.

“Like the all-new G Sedan, the 2008 QX demonstrates Infiniti’s philosophy of constantly evolving in the competitive luxury segment,” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager of Infiniti. “Despite being voted by consumers as top in its class in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study, we’ve given the new QX significant upgrades in the areas of interior design, performance, luxury features, and technology.”

The new QX, which goes on sale at Infiniti retailers nationwide in April 2007, is the first major revision since it joined the luxury SUV scene in 2004 with a number of class-leading standard features. The exterior enhancements to the new QX include new front and rear fascias, new front fog lamps, new roof rack, standard 20-inch chromed aluminum-alloy wheels, and two new exterior colors – Lakeshore Slate and Serengeti Sand.

The QX’s new interior is highlighted by a new instrument panel cluster design with Fine Vision electroluminescent instrumentation and a new genuine wood grain interior trim. Comfort and convenience is enhanced with a new 3rd-row power folding seat, standard heated steering wheel on the 4WD model, and a new stone interior.

Technological advancements include a new standard Premium Audio System with Bose® Speakers, Burr-Brown Digital Audio Converter and 9.5-gigabyte Music Box hard drive and compact flash slot for playing MP3 files, Infiniti Navigation system and Intelligent Key.

Also available is an Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System with a larger screen (8.0 inches versus the previous 7.0), and a standard XM® NavTraffic™ system with real-time traffic information (requires active XM® satellite radio subscription) – which allows drivers to chose the most efficient route to get to their destination.

The QX maintains its class-leading 2nd row roominess, go-anywhere ruggedness and the abundant power and up to 9,000-pound towing capability (when properly equipped) of the standard 320-horsepower DOHC 5.6-liter V8 engine.

Infiniti is keeping to its promise of delivering three new cars in thirteen months by introducing the next-generation Infiniti G Coupe and a new crossover sport utility concept at the 2007 New York International Auto Show in April.

Old 01-07-07, 10:28 PM
LexFather

a new crossover sport utility concept at the 2007 New York International Auto Show in April.

I wonder if this is the cute ute RDX competitor of a FX replacement?

Old 01-08-07, 04:44 AM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still scared to death of the front of the car, reminds me of a "battling ram".

One thing I hope the new LX wont we so brawny like the QX.
Old 01-08-07, 04:46 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

^it is expected to be a model positioned below the FX, as thats what infiniti themselves have been saying is coming. however, the fx is due for replacement soon....
Old 01-08-07, 06:40 AM
Milla...

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

I'd rather have this Frankenstine, he looks cooler..

Old 01-08-07, 07:34 AM
LexFather

lmao at Milla.. hahahahahahh

Old 01-08-07, 07:41 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
I'm still scared to death of the front of the car, reminds me of a "battling ram".

One thing I hope the new LX wont we so brawny like the QX.
You mean "Battering Ram".

But you are correct on the looks.
Old 01-08-07, 07:46 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

We don't have the QX56 down here, Nissan only sells the Infitinit Q45, but we have Pathfinder Armadas and I can tell you they literally are battering rams. On the highway about a week ago, I saw a Ford Mondeo busted from behind by one and it literally looked like an accordion on the rear end.
Old 01-08-07, 07:50 AM
JessePS

Originally Posted by mkorsu
You mean "Battering Ram".

But you are correct on the looks.
meant that, sorry

lol been using a laptop for two weeks and going back to a regular keyboard, my fingers cant find anything anymore.
Old 01-08-07, 07:59 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by JessePS
meant that, sorry

lol been using a laptop for two weeks and going back to a regular keyboard, my fingers cant find anything anymore.
lol, that has happened to me....well reading around the internet, its universal.
1. Its still horrible to look at
2. What changed? Looks the same inside and out

They didn't try hard enough. My prediction it will be a repeat of the FX refresh they had. One of the few times a company REVISES a model and sales drop. This truck is barely selling above the LX and its cheaper and much newer.

Old 01-08-07, 10:55 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, that has happened to me....well reading around the internet, its universal.
1. Its still horrible to look at
2. What changed? Looks the same inside and out

They didn't try hard enough. My prediction it will be a repeat of the FX refresh they had. One of the few times a company REVISES a model and sales drop. This truck is barely selling above the LX and its cheaper and much newer.
I'm telling you mang, Nissan/Infiniti are playing it safe on their cars. They don't think they can boldly make new designs.
Old 01-08-07, 12:23 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, what I left at the toilet this morning looked much better and artsy
Old 01-08-07, 05:44 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I think Infiniti should just drop this oversized overweight SUV from their lineup as it does not fit with the image of the brand. They are just chasing the giant full size SUV market craze which is pretty much over now and the vehicle is not selling and bringing down the image of the brand with all the poor ratings it receives. It is little more then a Nissan Armada with wood trim, different grill and some minor details and being a couple thousand more expensive. Infiniti should concentrate on a good Q45 replacement, v-8 coupe, and possible high end performance car based on the Skyline instead of ugly giant SUVs.
Old 01-08-07, 06:16 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

One of the few times a company REVISES a model and sales drop. This truck is barely selling above the LX and its cheaper and much newer.
To be fair, isn't the new one a lot bigger and more expensive than the old QX, which was basically just a fancy Pathfinder? (I know this one is basically just a fancy Armada, but that's a much larger truck)

I kind of like the styling of the QX56, but it looks like I'm in the minority. The front end is excessive, but isn't that what full size luxury SUVs are all about?
Old 01-08-07, 10:11 PM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thetopdog
To be fair, isn't the new one a lot bigger and more expensive than the old QX, which was basically just a fancy Pathfinder? (I know this one is basically just a fancy Armada, but that's a much larger truck)
Yes, a much larger truck, but still just a fancy Armada.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti QX56