Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Someone breaks my car window

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-06, 05:29 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Someone breaks my car window

I thought this is something I would never experienced but i'll be fine.

Yesterday I went to work at CVS Pharmacy in Bayside, Queens, NY at the Windsor Park shopping center. Like always I parked my 02' Pathfinder at the far end of the parking lot because I knew I would be there for long hours 2 - 10. I left work about 9:45 i'm walking to my car, i'm like MY PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW IS BROKEN. I look apparantly someone went into my glovebox and my center console. Apparantly these or this person took my Garmin i5 navigation system (was in the center console) and seems like they took my Sony headphones. Luckily my camera and iPod was not taken though it was in there too. But still...

Unfortunately before this incident too I was reading how this happened to 13 cars this week in the Bayside area next thing I know my car is the next victim.
Old 12-02-06, 05:58 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

geez, yea lucky they didnt take the rest. hope everything gets fixed soon.
Old 12-02-06, 07:52 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that , i know how it is over there near the mall.. just make sure next time you don't have anything expose to the eye. ...
Old 12-02-06, 08:13 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about that man. hopefully you can get everything resolved and find out who did this!

p.s. moving this to car chat.
Old 12-02-06, 09:20 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I thought this is something I would never experienced but i'll be fine.

Yesterday I went to work at CVS Pharmacy in Bayside, Queens, NY at the Windsor Park shopping center. Like always I parked my 02' Pathfinder at the far end of the parking lot because I knew I would be there for long hours 2 - 10. I left work about 9:45 i'm walking to my car, i'm like MY PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW IS BROKEN. I look apparantly someone went into my glovebox and my center console. Apparantly these or this person took my Garmin i5 navigation system (was in the center console) and seems like they took my Sony headphones. Luckily my camera and iPod was not taken though it was in there too. But still...

Unfortunately before this incident too I was reading how this happened to 13 cars this week in the Bayside area next thing I know my car is the next victim.
Hopefully one of the parking lot security cameras picked up the creep or creeps who did it.
Old 12-02-06, 09:27 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear, by chance did you leave the mount for your GPS visible? Very common out there as the same exact thing happened to my nephew. He left the mount in the dash and of course that tells a low life scum bag trash that the mount goes to something. Results, busted window and by by GPS. He lives in Queens also.
Old 12-02-06, 02:25 PM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sorry to hear. It was luck, car thief didn't take your car.
Old 12-02-06, 08:23 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Pearlpower,

Yeah I didn't realize how the mount can have such an affect. Especially since I generally leave it on the time I never take it out and i've had that thing for at least 5 months now or so and never occured to me it was a sign.

Took a trip to Safelite and they will fix it Monday for $200 including tax. Insurance will not cover it.

As long as I have the car it's fine life can go on.
Old 12-02-06, 09:15 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Pearlpower,

Yeah I didn't realize how the mount can have such an affect. Especially since I generally leave it on the time I never take it out and i've had that thing for at least 5 months now or so and never occured to me it was a sign.

Took a trip to Safelite and they will fix it Monday for $200 including tax. Insurance will not cover it.

As long as I have the car it's fine life can go on.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. A scumbag's born every minute...

Was that the only thing visible in your car?
Old 12-02-06, 09:17 PM
LexFather

Sorry to hear this. I have a habit of locking my glovebox and I never leave items out in the open.

Sadly a thug will do what he has to do.

Old 12-02-06, 10:21 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Originally Posted by Incendiary
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. A scumbag's born every minute...

Was that the only thing visible in your car?
Yeah everything else including the GPS was tucked away in the center console. I never try to keep things visible except that one thing and unfortunately it did cost me a window but it has made me wonder if my glovebox had been locked would they have tried to break it open.
Old 12-02-06, 11:47 PM
ninous26
Driver

OH NO!!!

Man I kinda know how you feel, I just got my Legend Coupe shipped from Arizona up here to Canada, and at 3 a.m. when I went to go shut the light off I look outside the window and I saw a guy standing behind my car, I watched him for about 10 minutes when he finally went up to my driver window and threw an elbow, SOMEHOW the stock 1991 alarm went off and I screamed "GET THE ***** AWAY" and that guy took off... I felt so violated watching someone hitting my window, and the thing that killed me the most was that there was NOTHING in the car (except for a claybar in the back on the floor which I doubt he wanted)...
Old 12-03-06, 06:31 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah everything else including the GPS was tucked away in the center console. I never try to keep things visible except that one thing and unfortunately it did cost me a window but it has made me wonder if my glovebox had been locked would they have tried to break it open.
Unfortunately, I think the answer is "yes." I've read that if you have a portable GPS system, you should always, always take it out of the car with you. Glove box doesn't count.