Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mitsubishi EVO Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-06, 08:17 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Mitsubishi EVO Special Edition

Thrilling Visual and Performance Enhancements

Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is applying the "Special Edition"; treatment to its critically acclaimed ninth-generation Lancer Evolution. The 2006 Lancer Evolution SE offers special features at a competitive price of $33,249 MSRP to make this legendary performance vehicle even more thrilling. The new SE trim level represents the final enhancement to a Lancer Evolution body style that has been on sale in the U.S. market since 2003.

Inside the Special Edition trim level, supportive, red-stitched RECARO seats accentuate the interior while the exterior receives a new front airdam extension that adds style while reducing front end lift. A lightweight aluminum roof panel, also found on the Lancer Evolution RS and MR, helps control body roll by lowering the vehicle's center of gravity. The feather weight 17"; forged BBS(R) alloy wheels, now in a new "Diamond Black"; finish, add style while reducing unsprung weight to improve suspension performance. The SE trim level also includes high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights with halogen fog lamps giving the vehicle a distinctive look. The available exterior color choices for the Lancer Evolution SE are Apex Silver, Graphite Gray and Tarmac Black.

True to the Lancer Evolution's heritage, the SE is powered by a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder DOHC intercooled-turbocharged engine with Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and Electronic Control (MIVEC) that is mated to a rugged 5-speed transmission.

The revised airdam, Recaro seats with red stitching, and forged BBS wheels with "Diamond Black"; finish are available on the MR trim level as well in the form of an Appearance Package which sells for $500.00.
Old 08-07-06, 08:24 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not liking the rear .
Old 08-08-06, 05:59 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it but i dontsee any changes to the rear of the vehicle. Does anyone know if the wheels are lighter than the MR wheels.
Old 08-08-06, 07:18 PM
LexFather

Killer seats!!!!

Old 08-08-06, 08:52 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
I like it but i dontsee any changes to the rear of the vehicle. Does anyone know if the wheels are lighter than the MR wheels.
wheels are exactly the same, exact different color (lighter gray)..
Old 08-08-06, 10:01 PM
Rdubz
Pole Position

Visually the car looks the same to me and I have to agree, those seats are very killer.
Old 08-09-06, 03:36 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow i like it
Old 08-09-06, 04:37 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ST430
wheels are exactly the same, exact different color (lighter gray)..
From the pics it looks like there are more spokes. I wonder if the front lip will change any of the cars performance characteristics.
Old 08-10-06, 12:39 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
From the pics it looks like there are more spokes. I wonder if the front lip will change any of the cars performance characteristics.
It's the exact same ones as the present MR's have (BBS forged), again except for the slight color change.