Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Real life 2007 Camry pics (exterior and interior)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-05, 10:14 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should place it in the center of the grill, but that front i think is bada** love it. hope the lights are HID or atlease optional and have the high beams dim-ed when low beams are on like on the GS.

dang guys what should i now choose the acura tl or the SE camry? looks matter or course but driving dynamics really isnt a concern
Old 12-10-05, 10:42 PM
Bercasio
Pole Position

That body kit should be standard, just imagining how it looks without one(base model) will make the car look more jacked up in the air than it already is with the kit on it, bigger wheels such as 18s' would be ideal to balance the look. Also trying to get the feel of the front grill, the T symbol looks out of shape base on placement and grill style(like hair from Al'Falfa's head)....oh well need to see one of these bad boys in person to give my final comments...
Old 12-10-05, 11:23 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

I think it looks terrible.

Toyota's interior design team clearly referenced old Vtec cordless phones ... and let's not talk about the colors or lighting - I fear I might vomit.

This isn't even close to being a tremendous leap forward for Toyota which is certainly what I expected with this new redesign.

Personally, I'd buy the new Civic sedan before spending 7/8 of the IS sticker price on the new Camry. What a disappointment.

AJ - there's really no comparing the TL and the Camry SE. The TL has a classy interior, decent driving dynamics for a FWD and a nicely styled exterior. The Camry has the same bulbous shape, a Playskool inspired interior and a stance like a monster truck. The choice really ought to be clear. Or at least, it is to me. I could be missing something.

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 12-10-05 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-10-05, 11:35 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whipimpin

I think it looks terrible.

Toyota's interior design team clearly referenced old Vtec cordless phones ... and let's not talk about the colors or lighting - I fear I might vomit.

This isn't even close to being a tremendous leap forward for Toyota which is certainly what I expected with this new redesign.

Personally, I'd buy the new Civic sedan before spending 7/8 of the IS sticker price on the new Camry. What a disappointment.

AJ - there's really no comparing the TL and the Camry SE. The TL has a classy interior, decent driving dynamics for a FWD and a nicely styled exterior. The Camry has the same bulbous shape, a Playskool inspired interior and a stance like a monster truck. The choice really ought to be clear. Or at least, it is to me. I could be missing something.

M.
Different trims appeal to different types of people. That's why Toyota makes Camry in three distinctive trims, the LE, SE and XLE. Clearly you'll prefer the classier XLE.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=188613

(more pics in the thread linked above)
Old 12-10-05, 11:48 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

The interior of the XLE which you posted above really is nice for the segment. Hopefully in transferring production from Japan to the US facilities, Toyota won't "forget" to put all that gorgeous wood in the XLE models. But even if they do, I'm still not a huge fan of the exterior.

I'm sure it'll grow on me; all I have to do for that to happen is look at the horrible Accord "updated" rear-end. What a mess that car has become.

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 12-10-05 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-11-05, 06:05 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whipimpin
The interior of the XLE which you posted above really is nice for the segment. Hopefully in transferring production from Japan to the US facilities, Toyota won't "forget" to put all that gorgeous wood in the XLE models. M.
you mean gorgeous fake wood. if it's like the Avalon, the plood is not that gorgeous in real life.