Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: E55 or Z06?
E55
77.78%
Z06
22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

E55 or Upcoming Z06...? (poll added)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 11:06 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile E55 or Upcoming Z06...? (poll added)

Well my peeps..... I am approaching a tremendous lifechanging event... TXSTYLE Jr.
My wife is actually 21 weeks pregnant and we found out we're having a boy!
Now I have already been contemplating a New vehicle for @ 6 mos or so, having had my Z for 3 years exactly next week! When I saw and drove the new C6 I was impressed to say the least, but when I began reading the stats on the upcoming Z06... I was like... Whatever it takes, even waiting a year! But obviously a child changes your outlook on things especially transportation. Now granted, I could still keep a Sports Car/2-Seater and acquire say a third car, but I also am getting somewhat tired of picking my azz up off the ground each and everytime I climb out of my Z or even a Vette for that matter. Of course, I have had my fair shair of rides particularly Sports Cars in my 35 yrs including:

98' Vette
98' Cobra (supercharged)
97' 3000GT VR4
96' 300ZX TT
95' GT
94' 240SX

I had a dealers liscence and bought most of my previous cars at auction w/ low miles and I switched cars up like once a year. Not until 1999 when I bought my Lexus GS400 did I keep a car more than 2 years (3 yrs to be exact) then I bought my Z in Sep 02' and have had it since. Of course alot has happened for me since 2000: Got married, Bought a new House, and the various expendetures that both of these things undoubtedly cause including 3 new vehicles for her!

Now then, I had also given serious consideration to an M45 right when my wife became pregnant and having driven it and the new GS430 back to back. It provides a decent amount of performance and room/practical of a 4-door.
And what hasn't already been said about the C6 Z06? The car will be the David of Golliaths among Supercars!

Enter the E55... Just @ a month ago, I went with a good friend of mine who was trying to decide between a new S500 and a new 745Li (he got an incredible deal on a demo 745Li!), did I have an opportunity to experience what is the E55! Not only have I loved the simple yet elegant design of the current E Class since it's re-design, but I also knew the incredible power/performance stats that AMG brought to this car only by reading and hearsay. Once I was able to actually slide into the car itself and unleash it's near 470hp & 517 ft/lbs of torque, did I realize just how nuking futs this car is! From the time you shut it's solid & heavy door, to the time you grasp the thick purpose-designed steering wheel, and get a whiff of the supple nappa leather, and gorgeous instrument panel, dash and centerconsole, do you realize this car is on a whole other level. But when I fired up the ignition... I knew this car had more surprises in store. Of course in the confines of this German vault with the windows up, you still know a V8 resides whithin. But drop the windows down and give it a few stabs at the throttle, the quad-tip AMG exhaust reminds you, this ain't no E500! After a few city blocks to the Tollway entrance I was impressed by the superb suspension which sucked up most road imperfections, and the effortless steering. But once I entered the onramp and dropped the hammer... OMG! This heavy sedan pulled as if we got kicked in the azz by King Kong! And it didn't stop feeling like that until I let up at @ 120. The salesguy said, "This car never ceases to fokin amaze me." With a big azz grin on my face, I said... "I fockin see why!"
By now you can probably since my utter admiration if not infatuation with this car. Of ALL 4-Door Sports Sedans on the road I preffer it's look more so than any. I happen to test drive a Silver w/ Charcoal interior. But I have already decided my next car will probably be White. The car is NOT cheap by any stretch, and I personally have no problem buying a pre-owned/certified one of these to save say $10-$15k, which is what I'm seeing in some cases. Although at it's sticker cost of $80k+ it is simply worth every nickel considering ALL the car you are getting.
You just may see me in something very similar to this if not this particular one I located (the Charcoal & Merlot 2-Tone is just GORGEOUS) sometime soon:

Thoughts?

Old 08-26-05, 11:10 AM
Chigga
Lead Lap

wait for the E63
Old 08-26-05, 11:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
My wife is actually 21 weeks pregnant and we found out we're having a boy!

Thoughts?
With the news (congrats BTW!), I think a lifestyle change is in on the way

I'm sure TRD will come out with a SC kit for this bad boy

Save the extra $$ for college fund
Old 08-26-05, 11:13 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Oh, and if you want 'one last hurrah', I'd get the new Z06 and beat the crap out of it for the few months before you have to give it up
Old 08-26-05, 11:15 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sweet car...the CLS55 is also a good option depending on how long you plan to wait. Next year should be E63...little higher HP, little less TQ but all NA...
Old 08-26-05, 11:21 AM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

or R63 AMG

Old 08-26-05, 11:22 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
With the news (congrats BTW!), I think a lifestyle change is in on the way

I'm sure TRD will come out with a SC kit for this bad boy

Save the extra $$ for college fund

ROFLMAO!!!

Yeah RIGHT! That will definitely be the day......
Old 08-26-05, 11:24 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 195 Likes on 132 Posts

Why does ONE baby require a minivan unless you already have one that I'm not aware of . . .

E55
Old 08-26-05, 11:25 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MGS4
or R63 AMG

Wow.... That is uhhhm interesting. And will have some nice presence on the road! No SUV or SAV for me though.
Old 08-26-05, 11:27 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Why does ONE baby require a minivan unless you already have one that I'm not aware of . . .

E55

Dave's just giving me a hard time... That is like the "Anti-TXSTYLE" vehicle if there ever was one.
Old 08-26-05, 11:47 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would seriously consider the minivan idea. With the minivan, you can treat it like a beater. I will guarantee your child will spit up in your car. You would probably prefer it to happen in a minivan than on the leather in your benz. Also, loading the stroller and the rest of your house when you go somewhere in your minivan will be considerably easier. And don't forget when your child grows up and gets involved in sports. Him and his friends will be very likely to bring all the dirt on the field that they just played on into your car.

Also, having a fast car (E55 AMG) will more likely induce morons to try and race you. Even if you don't respond, they will try and provoke you to race. Do you really want to put the life of your child at risk?

If you still have the itch for performance, keep a 2 seater for the weekends or when you know you aren't going somewhere with a child on board.

Oh yeah, with a minivan, you don't need to park a million miles away from all the morons who might ding your paint with your doors. You also won't need to spend all your time detailing the car so that means you can spend more time with your son.

The only negative I see is that your wife might use the minivan as an excuse to pack her entire wardrobe when you go on vacation
Old 08-26-05, 12:08 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by verylost
I would seriously consider the minivan idea. With the minivan, you can treat it like a beater. I will guarantee your child will spit up in your car. You would probably prefer it to happen in a minivan than on the leather in your benz. Also, loading the stroller and the rest of your house when you go somewhere in your minivan will be considerably easier. And don't forget when your child grows up and gets involved in sports. Him and his friends will be very likely to bring all the dirt on the field that they just played on into your car.

Also, having a fast car (E55 AMG) will more likely induce morons to try and race you. Even if you don't respond, they will try and provoke you to race. Do you really want to put the life of your child at risk?

If you still have the itch for performance, keep a 2 seater for the weekends or when you know you aren't going somewhere with a child on board.

Oh yeah, with a minivan, you don't need to park a million miles away from all the morons who might ding your paint with your doors. You also won't need to spend all your time detailing the car so that means you can spend more time with your son.

The only negative I see is that your wife might use the minivan as an excuse to pack her entire wardrobe when you go on vacation

LOL! All valid if not non-applicable points:

We have and will always have an SUV.
As far as spit-up... He will be surrounded by a plethora of blankets, towels, and other soft objects to catch unsuspecting bodily fluids.
The trunk is surprisingly big and a stroller and essential items will fit if and when needed.
As far as growing up and friends & sports... Again, SUV.
Racing? Not even a thought with child.
I also am kinda tired of climbing in and out of an on-the-ground sports car. So the sedan is very welcomed.
Door dings....? I have been parking far out, next to medians, and valeting all these years.... I don't intend to stop now.
Old 08-26-05, 12:11 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
Door dings....? I have been parking far out, next to medians, and valeting all these years.... I don't intend to stop now.
Your opinion might change when you have to carry a 20 lb baby and 100 lbs of his stuff everytime you get out of the car

or you can view it as a free gym membership

An SUV is a good idea but given the current gas trend ...........
Old 08-26-05, 12:18 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is the e65 out yet?
Old 08-26-05, 12:21 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by verylost
Your opinion might change when you have to carry a 20 lb baby and 100 lbs of his stuff everytime you get out of the car

or you can view it as a free gym membership

An SUV is a good idea but given the current gas trend ...........

It's all good... I'm a GYM type of guy.

Quick Reply: E55 or Upcoming Z06...? (poll added)