Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2 CLS's on UNIQUE WHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05, 10:33 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 CLS's on UNIQUE WHIPS

I feel just like i felt when the first time i saw the 3GS and did not like it that much. After looking at more pictures, videos and finally at the LA AUTO SHOW i bought the car. I feel the same way for the MERCEDES CLS.

I dont know if you guys watch this show UNIQUE WHIPS on SPEED. Although i am not really a fan of the show but i like the cars they customize. Today they had 2 CLS 500. Both got i blv 20-21" LOWENHARTS and they freakin looked sick That car just went up several notches on my excitment scale. One was MARCUS CAMBY's BLACK CLS 500 and the other was a SILVER CLS 500...i think it was BARRY GARDNER from NY JETS....... the cars looked HOT

Last edited by NYlexus; 06-23-05 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-22-05, 11:18 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by NYlexus
I feel just like i felt when the first time i saw the 3GS and did not like it that much. After looking at more pictures, videos and finally at the LA AUTO SHOW i bought the car. I feel the same way for the MERCEDES CLS.

I dont know if you guys watch this show UNIQUE WHIPS on SPEED. Although i am not really a fan of the show but i like the cars they customize. Today they had 2 CLS 500. Both got i blv 20-21" LOWENHARTS and they freakin looked sick That car just went up several notches on my excitment scale. One was MARCUS CAMBY's BLACK CLS 500 and the other was a SILVER CLS 500...i think it was BARRY GARDNER from NY JETS.......Again the cars looked HOT
Yeah man, with some aftermarket rims this car looks outstanding. Its a great mod car.

I'm also not a big fan of the show, however I too really like the cars they have customized. Seems like they are becoming exclusive to the Celebrity scene. I remember Busta Rhymes would talk about them way back in the day.
Old 06-22-05, 11:50 PM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

NYLexus, I've seen a bunch of CLS's (at least 3-4) during my daily commute... you are just inthe wrong part of LA bro ... takes some getting used to but I know how you feel...

Old 06-23-05, 12:09 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Yeah man, with some aftermarket rims this car looks outstanding. Its a great mod car.

I'm also not a big fan of the show, however I too really like the cars they have customized. Seems like they are becoming exclusive to the Celebrity scene. I remember Busta Rhymes would talk about them way back in the day.
Yeah I've never been a fan of the show either. They do absolutely NOTHING that I cannot do with a couple wrenches in my backyard. Damn I wish celebs paid me to work on their cars... I'd charge less and do a better job.

Boring show IMO. Its always rims and suspension on such and such a car...
compare it to Overhaulin and its just ridiculous... those POS mercedes and Land Rovers have NOTHING on the cars on Overhaulin
Old 06-23-05, 02:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
NYLexus, I've seen a bunch of CLS's (at least 3-4) during my daily commute... you are just inthe wrong part of LA bro ... takes some getting used to but I know how you feel...
yeah, after seeing two on the road i totally like the style of the car. after i saw that cls55 the other day i am like damn
Old 06-23-05, 09:31 AM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShadyJC

Whats up bro...you making fun of where i live??!! hehe

Actually.....funny you say that....out of all the 3GS's and CLS's i have seen on the road MOST were around my nieghborhood.........BUT now where i work is another story....Just last week my jaws dropped when i saw an orange Gallardo back up into a parking spot in our parking lot..... The guy owns a Mortgage company in our building....I see tons of CLS55, Ferrari's, Bentley GT's and Porches just to name a few here in Anahiem Hills/Yorba Linda area....heck i saw a MAYBACH on imperial Hwy once.

And speaking of the show....I used to live around the area where the shop is in LONG ISLAND.....and yes long time ago on CRIBS (whip edition) Busta Ryhmes did actually give them props becuase i guess they customized his lambo and other cars.

Last edited by NYlexus; 06-23-05 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-23-05, 01:15 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the show and loved the silver CLS but hated the wheels they put on them. Those lowenharts were ugly and they said they cost $10k? Please get your money back. I think a nice set of HREs would look sick on that ride. They also needed to be lowered badly but there probably arent many suspension choices for this new car.

There was also a nice silver MB, looked like an E55 maybe, but it was slammed and it looked sweet. It was only in the background though
Old 06-23-05, 05:24 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally think their work sucks..... did you guys see what they did to the sl500????? the previous wheels were so much better looking,,,,,, and they dont really lower their cars,,,,, they put some 22's on a 745,,,,,,, stupid looking chrome grills and they dont lower it..... also many of the wheels that they use are not name brand like hre...... also their custom stereo work is nothing close to par,,,,,,,, but then again west coast customs work is pretty whack also.... but maybe they have to do all that crazy stuff that hurts their image......
Old 06-23-05, 08:19 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I like watching the show Unique Whips, but that owner Will Castro gets on my last nerve. I hate watching that ***** do nothing but bit*h and complain... the guy thinks he's Tony Soprano. And I think none of their work comes close to that of West Coast Customs or 310 Motoring. I dunno why his employees put up with him... they must get paid very well. And at the end of the show, I just love how he sucks up to the celebrities and acts like he was actually the one turning the wrench on the car, when it was actually his poor abused workers doing everything while he sits there annihalating a 12 pack of Krispy Kremes.
Old 06-24-05, 09:38 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i love the CLS...especially the CLS 55 AMG! looks sick with dem AMG brakes! a lot more sporty than the e-class....in a good way
Old 06-24-05, 03:35 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

UNIQUE

I think the shop and the show are a big joke. It's like PIMP MY RIDE but worse since you have to PAY for the crappy work.

I don't know who's car they were working on at the time, but the crappy rims they were mounting needed to have the center bores enlarged to fit the car. So what does the worker do? He starts drilling the center by HAND . Didn't even use a press to make sure it was drilled straight, not to mention centered. What a bunch of idiots.

---------------

btw, CLS's look stunning.