Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New car choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 10:57 PM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was never a fan of red 4 doors but this is just beautiful! im a big fan of white and i actually preffer this over white gs.

Old 02-26-05, 05:03 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 255 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4fun
I do believe that whatever I decide in the end ..I can't go wrong with either vehicle. I do like the fact that the RL is available NOW while i would have to place an order for the GS which may be months away.
A couple of months wait is not that big a deal if you decide that the GS is what you want.

I would just wait if I were you and get what you really want, not what is just "available" right now, unless of course you absolutely prefer the RL.

Be the first on CL with that red GS above with a drop and some nice 20 inch HRE's or IForged rims!!!! You will be the envy of a ton of folk on here (including me! ) That's all it really needs to dramatically transform it into a work of art!
Old 02-26-05, 05:44 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know...this is getting tougher...I stopped by the ACURA dealer today and test drove the RL. Man, the thing is pretty sweet...ACURA did a good job with the small detail too...those blinkers on the outside rear view mirrors look sweet....chrome inlays in the bumpers are HOT!!!! (you know how much i do love chrome)...electric rear shade is a pretty neat feature...the NAV system looks great...paddle shifters on the steering wheel remind me of the GS400 feature....exhaust tips look sweet.....trunk is HUGE....interior cabin materials are top end and the layout of the controls are ergonomically sound.

The ride was smooth, car is very powerful and responds well, handles well...very luxurious and spacious....

I hope to be able to test drive GS within the next week to be able to compare....and hopefully make a quick decision.
Old 02-27-05, 02:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

I dont know...this is getting tougher...I stopped by the ACURA dealer today and test drove the RL. Man, the thing is pretty sweet...ACURA did a good job with the small detail too...those blinkers on the outside rear view mirrors look sweet....chrome inlays in the bumpers are HOT!!!! (you know how much i do love chrome)...electric rear shade is a pretty neat feature...the NAV system looks great...paddle shifters on the steering wheel remind me of the GS400 feature....exhaust tips look sweet.....trunk is HUGE....interior cabin materials are top end and the layout of the controls are ergonomically sound.

The ride was smooth, car is very powerful and responds well, handles well...very luxurious and spacious....

I hope to be able to test drive GS within the next week to be able to compare....and hopefully make a quick decision.
I'll give the RL its due, but I think when you see and drive the new GS AWD you will agree that Lexus interior materials are just as good if not better than Acura's. True, the RL has a somewhat more sophisticated AWD system, but in virtually all normal driving you'll probably never notice the difference.
Also, as I posted last time, I'd like to hear your opinion on the quality of the new Legacy / Outback L.L. Bean, sedan, H6 and Turbo models compared to these two cars, for a lot less money. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-17-05, 05:54 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

I'm finally leaning to Lexus....it has been a heads up with pros and cons to both vehicles....bottom line is that i was a very satisfied Lexus owner previously and going with that bias to lean towards the Lexus.

Obviously, i will need new shoes as soon as i get the car...chrome 20" HREs will most likely look pretty good ....

The question for you gents is when will springs be available so that I can drop this bad boy?
Old 04-17-05, 06:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 212 Likes on 142 Posts

Glad to hear you want to come back to Lexus You probably have to wait a little while for the lowering though. You'll hear about their availability in this forum as soon as they're available
Old 04-17-05, 10:18 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, still no decision? You're taking life too seriously, man. Just go for one and enjoy your new ride sooner!

BTW, I just want to say that this has to be one of the best threads I've ever seen on this board. Mature responses, fact-based (for the most part), and everyone is offering appropriate, helpful advice.

So you test drove the RL, did you drive the GS yet? I'm convinced that you can't go wrong with either, but since you're a Lexus fan at heart, so you say, and assuming you've test driven both and don't see a big difference between interior and drive characteristics, I'd advise you to get the Lexus. To have waited this long making a decision indicates to me that you're a bit risk averse, and so since you've had a great experience with Lexus thus far, might as well stay the course. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Plus, people are right in saying CL is more active than the Acura boards, and the aftermarket will likely be larger for the GS.

Good luck with your decision. If you decide on the RL, I'm sure you'll be more than pleased, and you can help grow the Acura online community and aftermarket, but from the limited amount of information I know about you, I'd suggest the GS.
Old 04-18-05, 03:48 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Incendiary
Wow, still no decision? You're taking life too seriously, man. Just go for one and enjoy your new ride sooner!

BTW, I just want to say that this has to be one of the best threads I've ever seen on this board. Mature responses, fact-based (for the most part), and everyone is offering appropriate, helpful advice.

So you test drove the RL, did you drive the GS yet? I'm convinced that you can't go wrong with either, but since you're a Lexus fan at heart, so you say, and assuming you've test driven both and don't see a big difference between interior and drive characteristics, I'd advise you to get the Lexus. To have waited this long making a decision indicates to me that you're a bit risk averse, and so since you've had a great experience with Lexus thus far, might as well stay the course. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Plus, people are right in saying CL is more active than the Acura boards, and the aftermarket will likely be larger for the GS.

Good luck with your decision. If you decide on the RL, I'm sure you'll be more than pleased, and you can help grow the Acura online community and aftermarket, but from the limited amount of information I know about you, I'd suggest the GS.
Thanks for the support....another point i didnt think about is that i have over 6000 posts invested in club lexus....that was a lot of work...i would have to start from scratch in the ACURA forums....

Wait till i do get the lexus...i'll be post whoring again....
Old 04-18-05, 03:51 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 255 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks for the support....another point i didnt think about is that i have over 6000 posts invested in club lexus....that was a lot of work...i would have to start from scratch in the ACURA forums....
Hey I think that is reason enough to get the Lex!
Old 04-18-05, 04:44 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

BTW, I wasn't saying you should definitely get the Lexus. Just saying that from what you seem to be saying, you'd more likely be happier overall with a GS in your driveway rather than an RL.
Old 04-18-05, 06:29 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

So you're getting the Lex? Excellent choice, my friend, excellent choice.

you said it yourself... Wait till I DO GET the lexus.. see! I quoted it, no going back now

Last edited by Davtown; 04-18-05 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-18-05, 07:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

do i hear lexus? that sounds right baby