Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus TX

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-23, 07:42 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,153 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Only if Lexus is truly on crack.

What you describe is the Grand Highlander, this is a Lexus. It needs to be luxurious looking and feeling, not just practical. Maybe the non F Sport will be warmer and more inviting. It needs SOME wood in the interior somewhere, to start...

GLS is actually really roomy, roominess is a big reason why I would choose it.

QX60, MDX...

I have many times and I hate them. Lots of people do thats why they started putting regular transmissions in the hybrids like in the RX. Honestly I would rather have the 4 cyl and a regular gearbox.

Lexus will sell a ton of these this is just more evidence that Lexus is truly not a carmaker for me anymore.
I mean at this point I am sure they have to be on something.....
Old 06-09-23, 07:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,590 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
I mean at this point I am sure they have to be on something.....
This vehicle will sell a ton, it’s just Toyota +, doesn’t move the brand in the direction we want it to go…

Im watching a video on the Lincoln Aviator right now…I shouldn’t prefer a Lincoln…
Old 06-09-23, 07:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Im watching a video on the Lincoln Aviator right now…I shouldn’t prefer a Lincoln…

Test-drive an Aviator, and I think you will like it. It comes from the same Chicago plant, though, that produces the latest-generation Explorer...so that may be a potential red flag for quality control. (see the thread I just posted on CR's warnings about the Explorer).
Old 06-09-23, 08:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,196 Likes on 1,427 Posts

When is the last time you have been in one (MDX)? I was at the Acura dealer last week and the high spec' MDXs are plenty luxurious with nice materials, open pore wood trim, nice metal details and excellent build quality.
to me this crazy busy dash is not luxurious, especially with all the shiny plastic and a trackpad that's worse than lexus.

Old 06-09-23, 08:32 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,153 Likes on 856 Posts

This vehicle will sell a ton, it’s just Toyota +, doesn’t move the brand in the direction we want it to go…

That's the truth isn't it.....we want the brand to elevate and be something to desire/really be special to drive/be in. Not this.
Old 06-09-23, 08:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
to me this crazy busy dash is not luxurious, especially with all the shiny plastic and a trackpad that's worse than lexus.

Steve has a point, though...it is solidly built and (mostly) uses good hardware. i agree, though, that the tacked-on Etch-a-Sketch screen strikes out.
Old 06-09-23, 08:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Test-drive an Aviator, and I think you will like it. It comes from the same Chicago plant, though, that produces the latest-generation Explorer...so that may be a potential red flag for quality control. (see the thread I just posted on CR's warnings about the Explorer).
Ive driven them, I do like them. Especially with the air suspension. I’m going to take my wife to go drive one.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Steve has a point, though...it is solidly built and (mostly) uses good hardware. i agree, though, that the tacked-on Etch-a-Sketch screen strikes out.
Exactly. I don’t love the design of the MDX but it’s well made with nice materials, it’s comfortable and it has an Acura look that Acura fans like.
Old 06-09-23, 09:13 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I agree with you. The new GX helps move the brand in such a unique segment. This new TX is more like General Motors.
Old 06-09-23, 09:28 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 417 Likes on 343 Posts

I think it looks alright but the front end is funny looking.
Old 06-09-23, 09:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
That's the truth isn't it.....we want the brand to elevate and be something to desire/really be special to drive/be in. Not this.
2 wealthy guys complaining the tx isn't luxurious enough. hilarious. the tx is clearly not aimed at either of you. as said, it will sell a ton.
you're disappointed because you want the tx to be a mercedes gls for less money. not happening.

Originally Posted by Kira X
I think it looks alright but the front end is funny looking.
compared to a new bmw xm, it's a thing of beauty.
Old 06-09-23, 09:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

2 wealthy guys complaining the tx isn't luxurious enough. hilarious. the tx is clearly not aimed at either of you. as said, it will sell a ton.
you're disappointed because you want the tx to be a mercedes gls for less money. not happening.
You mean like Lexus always used to be? A Mercedes for less money. Sounds pretty good to me lol.

Actually I’d like it to be like a little larger Infiniti QX60.
Old 06-09-23, 09:41 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Exactly. I don’t love the design of the MDX but it’s well made with nice materials,
if you like tons of shiny black plastic.
Old 06-09-23, 09:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

if you like tons of shiny black plastic.
It would be that if one ignored all the other very nice materials.
Old 06-09-23, 09:53 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

As for the TX not being aimed at me, I would have to disagree. Married, in my 40s, two young kids, high level of income and prior history with Lexus. Who else would it be aimed at if it wasn’t me?!

I think my main issue is with the front end…the interior of the materials are okay isn’t bad, just more austere than I prefer.

Plus packaging. I don’t want the F Sport which means I get stuck with the 4 cyl turbo,
Old 06-10-23, 05:51 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 242 Likes on 172 Posts

Several words come to mind when describing this SUV but generic is the one that jumps out at me. I’m a lifelong Lexus buyer and this just does nothing for me, both exterior and interior (but is does have the space I need). It just doesn’t look much like a Lexus to me.

As long as they price it at least $10k cheaper than a comparable 6 cylinder X7/GLS it will do well.

Quick Reply: Lexus TX