Canada For events in Canada.

Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!

Old 01-28-04, 04:45 PM
suprang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in t.o. let me know if theres ever a meet...

Ang

Last edited by suprang; 01-28-04 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-30-04, 03:32 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Please keep me posted on when & where the meet(s) will be held. I just picked up my 01' ES 300 yesterday & WOW! what a sweet ride! it's already dirty from the snow we got yesterday & today but what can you do right? lol Anyways, I hope to have pics on here real soon.

Quick question: Where do the folks in the Toronto area recommend I go to get a professional tint job? I've heard Tint King & Tint Master are good, any help from the Canadian members would be appreciated.

Old 01-30-04, 08:15 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexusfreak,

If in the Mississauga area go and see James @ Tint Master (905-670-5181). He has tinted all my cars over the years and does an outstanding job. Let him know Ken with the GS400 & SC430 referred you and he'll cut you a deal.

Hope that helps!

Enjoy your Lexus!

Ken

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 01-30-04 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-31-04, 10:26 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Smile

Thanks 2SAVVY, much appreciated.
Old 03-13-04, 05:11 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Roll Call everybody!!! Let's start planning for our first Lexus meet.

A couple of things to consider:
[list=1][*]When?[*]Where?[*]What to do? Drive and Dinner or Lunch[*]Where to have lunch or Dinner?[/list=1]

Everyone interested, please start posting your preferences so that we can arrive at some choices and then vote on them.

I will go first:[list=1][*]When? End of April[*]Where? Let's meet in Mississauga as that seems to be the most convenient for most folk because it is more central. Perhaps at Square One....[*]What to do? Drive and Dinner. Where to drive - I would prefer someplace not too busy with traffic, but scenic - any suggestions for this guys? What else would you guys like to do other than getting together, driving and having food? [*]Where to have lunch or Dinner? I am open to suggestions on this. Perhaps something neutral like Chinese food - The Mandarin Restaurant perhaps?[/list=1]

Please send me a PM with your cell or other phone number and your email address as I would prefer to keep in touch with everyone who is keen on this by both this thread and email .

My email address is hameed@prudensconsulting.com . I will give you my cell number when you have PM'd me or sent me an email indicating your interest.

I really liked what TO_SC300 and apanju suggested last year when I attempted to do this but did not get enough response from most people. This year, even if there are two people interested, I intend to make something happen!!!
Originally posted by TO_SC300
Scenic drives within the GTA are a bit rare The only places I can think of that might remotely be considered 'scenic':

- Bayview extension
- Lakeshore near CNE
- Scarborough bluffs

Date: Any sunny weekend
What to do: Maybe lunch and beer on a patio so we can oggle our babies
Where to drive: any of the above
originally posted by apanju
Lets meet up at Lakeshore that same night as opposed to Square 1. I think the atmosphere at Lakseshore would be a lot more conducive..There is an Breyers Ice cream joint..ample parking and the lae to sit back and chill out. What do you guys think. How many people co0ming so far. Hameed I think your kids would prefer this location to a parking lot at Square 1. Drive is lot more scenic at Lakeshore too. Just my 2 cents. Let confiorm all this up soon.
I will assume all the following members are interested. Please correct me if I am wrong:

TO_SC300
Apanju
Sports
Scooby786
Chincster
Sc4canada
Lexusfreak
Suprang
2savvy
bizzy928
Darkside
IcePlatinum
skperformance
Hameed

Last edited by Hameed; 03-13-04 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-16-04, 07:07 AM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default lexus meet

Count me in guys...

//Fern
Old 03-16-04, 07:08 AM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Roll Call everybody!!! Let's start planning for our first Lexus meet.

A couple of things to consider:
[list=1][*]When?[*]Where?[*]What to do? Drive and Dinner or Lunch[*]Where to have lunch or Dinner?[/list=1]

Everyone interested, please start posting your preferences so that we can arrive at some choices and then vote on them.

I will go first:[list=1][*]When? End of April[*]Where? Let's meet in Mississauga as that seems to be the most convenient for most folk because it is more central. Perhaps at Square One....[*]What to do? Drive and Dinner. Where to drive - I would prefer someplace not too busy with traffic, but scenic - any suggestions for this guys? What else would you guys like to do other than getting together, driving and having food? [*]Where to have lunch or Dinner? I am open to suggestions on this. Perhaps something neutral like Chinese food - The Mandarin Restaurant perhaps?[/list=1]

Please send me a PM with your cell or other phone number and your email address as I would prefer to keep in touch with everyone who is keen on this by both this thread and email .

My email address is hameed@prudensconsulting.com . I will give you my cell number when you have PM'd me or sent me an email indicating your interest.

I really liked what TO_SC300 and apanju suggested last year when I attempted to do this but did not get enough response from most people. This year, even if there are two people interested, I intend to make something happen!!!

I will assume all the following members are interested. Please correct me if I am wrong:

TO_SC300
Apanju
Sports
Scooby786
Chincster
Sc4canada
Lexusfreak
Suprang
2savvy
bizzy928
Darkside
IcePlatinum
skperformance
Hameed
Fern
Old 03-16-04, 08:51 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

I would be interested!!

SO when is the EXACT date ? i would like to plan in advance .. =)
Old 03-16-04, 09:04 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by jucee187
I would be interested!!

SO when is the EXACT date ? i would like to plan in advance .. =)
So far out of the two response I just got - yourself and Fern, neither one of you has had a problem with the date I suggested - End of April - early May, so let's leave it like that unless someone else has a better idea or wants us to change it to accomodate them! Please send me your email address and phone number so that I can add you to my local Lexus member email list.
Old 03-16-04, 02:45 PM
SPORTS
Driver

I would love to come but I cannot make April 25th or May 2nd. Any other dates should be fine.
Old 03-16-04, 05:35 PM
blueboy
Driver School Candidate

Wink

Hi everyone,

I'm a frenchy from Quebec living near Ottawa (I'm also 1/2 irish)

my summer holidays are at the end of july, e-mail me if theres something happening out there et that time, 5 or 600 miles would be great to clean me SC4 motor.

thanks Hameed
Old 03-17-04, 03:16 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Any date set yet? Just courious as I'm getting married May 8th, 04 so I'd have to take a rain check if it was in early May I'm sure there will be more throughout the summer / fall?
Old 03-17-04, 04:00 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by blueboy
I'm a frenchy from Quebec living near Ottawa (I'm also 1/2 irish)

my summer holidays are at the end of july, e-mail me if theres something happening out there et that time, 5 or 600 miles would be great to clean me SC4 motor.
Hi blueboy!! Welcome to Clublexus!!!

Let's see what other members would like to do as far as the date goes and then we can go from there! We would definitely like to have you out here and meet with you!!

Originally posted by Lexusfreak
Any date set yet? Just courious as I'm getting married May 8th, 04 so I'd have to take a rain check if it was in early May I'm sure there will be more throughout the summer / fall?
Now there are two members who have issues with the dates I had proposed. So my suggestion is to move out the proposed date to May 22nd or May 29th. How is this date for everybody?

Lexusfreak and blueboy, please PM me with your email address and phone number.
Old 03-17-04, 05:01 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

I have sent you a PM with my info Hameed, May 29th would be a better date on my end. Thanks & keep me (us) posted!
Old 03-19-04, 05:15 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Come on Fellow Ontarians!!!!! Let's show some support and enthusiasm for a meet!!!!!

So far only three people have responded to this thread since I updated it. I also sent PM's to everybody, but only got replies from about 3 of you.

Let's plan this for May 29th.

Now let's finalize on an agenda:

Let's take a vote on doing the downtown Toronto thing or a more relaxed country side thing as suggested by SPORTS (Mario)

Option A

Meet up at Lakeshore

1. Lets meet up at Lakeshore.
2. There is an Breyers Ice cream joint..ample parking, we can get to know each other and chill out a bit
3. Drive is lot more scenic at Lakeshore too
Option B
Originally posted by SPORTS
If you are looking for a "scenic" drive I would recommend Guelph Line road going from Burlington to Campbelville (ends right at the 401). By scenic I mean lots of beautiful countryside, the road is winding and works its way through many hills and valleys. The end destination has a pub with an outdoor patio in a more rustic setting. This would be great for a fun drive and a quite place to sit and socialize but if you are looking to get noticed and have lots of action around than the Lakeshore and waterfront locale will satisfy those requests. I am flexible but I also wanted to contribute my 2 cents.
Let's vote guys!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!