Canada For events in Canada.

Terrible Warranty Service - Jimmy Patterson Lexus North Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-13, 04:40 PM
dug320
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Terrible Warranty Service - Jimmy Patterson Lexus North Vancouver

Yes, terrible. So bad it reminded my why I have such a distrust for dealers.

Under the factory warranty I took the first available appointment for for my RX450h at Jimmy Patterson Lexus in North Vancouver because the leather on the driver side door panel has cracked badly and the function switch on the steering column was jammed.

Ten days later, I showed the service rep. the cracks, he in turn had the the service manager examine the panel who in turn took many pictures of the panel. No mention of whether this was going to accepted as a claim by Toyota or not. The rep worked the switch to the point where it was "working" for the moment and denied a claim on the switch.

I was told the dealership would contact me regarding the claim. Six weeks later a message was left as the part was in and I need to make an appointment for the work. I arrived on time and 60 minutes later I was told they had ordered or received the wrong part. At least this time they could not fix the switch as it had become jammed and made a warranty claim. I left with no car wash and no apologies.

Next day, A phone call from the dealership asking me to take a few pictures of the door panel and attach them to an email. When I pointed out the service manager had already taken some, I was told they could not find the images. I took some, ensured the dealership received the images and waited.

One day I was on hold for 13 minutes and subjected to messages claiming customer service was number one. When I emailed customer service regarding my experience the reply was full of spelling and grammatical errors I first thought it was a joke.

Only it was not

Seven weeks later, no part no messages from the dealer.
Old 09-14-13, 04:56 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointing experience. I would be dismayed as well. Suggest it's time for you to contact the Lexus Corporate Customer Sat team and provide dealer feedback. Check the Canadian website for the phone number or email. For US owners it is here.

Good luck with your pursuit. I'd be loosing confidence as well. This isn't the way Lexus has ever treated me in 18+ years of ownership, 5 new vehicles, and 6 dealerships for sales and service across 4 different States down here. I look forward to hearing how resolution proceeds.
Old 09-14-13, 10:58 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

@Dug320...sorry to hear the trouble you're into.
Sounds like a very simple problem, but 2 words..
jim Patterson.

My mother in law is from North Vancouver so im familiar about the whole Patterson story. ( how he started as a sales guy and how he treats the sales person with the lowest sales in a month)

BertL is right. Escalate your concern to Corporate.
Once they say " fix it!" The stealership has no way of saying NO.
Old 09-15-13, 01:04 PM
dug320
Rookie

Oh, we know Jimmy and his family quite well and if need be I can contact his personal secretary.

But, a consumer should not have resort to such an action in order to get the a relatively simple job done within a reasonable time frame.

I emailed Lexus and will post the response.
Old 09-16-13, 02:28 AM
Rozay604
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

I recommend u take it to a different dealership. I had similar problem with regency lexus. Great dealership but ****ty service department. Like when a customer tell u something is wrong with the car it means something is wrong. We drive the car everyday so we know. Either way I took it to open road lexus in Richmond and fix my problem. They actually try to find the problem. My rx was actually bought from regency. Bottom line ****ty service guys and I would not recommend regency. Take it to open road
Old 09-16-13, 05:38 PM
dug320
Rookie

Lexus emailed me asking for the VIN, dealer name, and my telephone number. Lexus has opened a case and to expect a response with 5 days.

I checked my calendar and the last time I was at the dealer was July 29 2013.

Of course, as an unhappy consumer I will pursue satisfaction and I am not cheap.
Old 09-29-13, 03:37 PM
dug320
Rookie

Lexus responded by forwarding my complaint back to the dealer. Dealer called and I returned the call. Dealer claims the part is correct and maintained that at sometime the door must have been in an accident and the door panel(s) where replaced to match. I pointed the rep to the MANY pictures on Google Images that showed the exact same interior on 2010 models and asked him if they too where in accidents. In may car the arm rest is all black, the unit received has black and grey.

I again pointed out to the rep. that 2 months ago I was happy to have the panel replaced as long as they replaced the other to match. He said he would forward the request to Customer Satisfaction.

One week has passed with no satisfaction.
Old 10-13-13, 11:02 AM
dug320
Rookie

2 weeks have passed; no response.
Old 10-30-13, 01:41 PM
dug320
Rookie

Another 2 weeks of have passed; no response.

Called dealer. Still waiting for returned call.
Old 11-03-13, 02:33 AM
Rozay604
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dug320
Another 2 weeks of have passed; no response.

Called dealer. Still waiting for returned call.
take it to open road.
Old 12-31-13, 12:14 PM
dug320
Rookie

Update

After many phone calls to and received from Lexus Canada the warranty is valid and the part has been ordered.

Is it the right part? Only a visual will prove. When I contacted the manager for the steering wheel switch replacement (this was documented and approved for replacement his response was, "what switch?")

I cannot wait for this nightmare with this dealership to END. Once the claim is done, I will never return. Open Road cannot be any worse nor further away.