Canada For events in Canada.

Question about 2012 LED Headlights from Sewell

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-13, 12:07 PM
StreetVybz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 2012 LED Headlights from Sewell

Hey guys, I just have a question for those of you who have done the 2011/12 headlight upgrade on Canadian IS's.

From what I understand, the LEDs on the Sewell lights operate as the Parking Lights, but our Halogen DRLs also come on when the parking lights are on.

I have seen quite a few Canadian spec cars with the LED Sewell lights, so how did you guys get them to function without the halogen DRLs coming on?

Is it something as simple as removing a fuse, or removing the DRL bulb? I assume we cannot disable the DRLs through programming like in the States.

I tried to read through all the existing threads on these headlights (like Cyberscorp's AWESOME DIY), but most of the responses are from US spec owners, and i have yet to find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-13-13, 09:45 AM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StreetVybz
Hey guys, I just have a question for those of you who have done the 2011/12 headlight upgrade on Canadian IS's.

From what I understand, the LEDs on the Sewell lights operate as the Parking Lights, but our Halogen DRLs also come on when the parking lights are on.

I have seen quite a few Canadian spec cars with the LED Sewell lights, so how did you guys get them to function without the halogen DRLs coming on?

Is it something as simple as removing a fuse, or removing the DRL bulb? I assume we cannot disable the DRLs through programming like in the States.

I tried to read through all the existing threads on these headlights (like Cyberscorp's AWESOME DIY), but most of the responses are from US spec owners, and i have yet to find a clear answer.

I tried turning off the DRL function while i was programming my tpms using techstream.. but the option wasnt on there..

i just ended up putting the bulbs in, and not hooking it up so nothing would get in the headlight.

lol but.. i didnt really use my highbeams anyways.
Old 05-14-13, 09:50 AM
cyberscorp
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetVybz

Simple answer is not connecting the DRL bulb (at least that's what I did).
Old 05-14-13, 01:38 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Sounds like you have to give up AFS and high beams just to get the stripped LED lights.

That's a lot of compromise.
Old 05-14-13, 02:01 PM
cyberscorp
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Sounds like you have to give up AFS and high beams just to get the stripped LED lights.

That's a lot of compromise.
My 09' don't have AFS and my High Beam still function properly.

Old 05-15-13, 07:03 PM
StreetVybz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys! Quick and easy, just what I was hoping for.