Canada For events in Canada.

What courtesy car did you get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 06:43 PM
melon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What courtesy car did you get?

What courtesy car did you get from the dealer? I have got courtesy cars from Don Valley North Lexus for quite a few times:

- 07 ES350 Lexus
- Over 50,000 km
- Stone chips, and dents on the hood and side panels
- Reasonably clean

Last edited by melon; 03-09-10 at 07:13 AM. Reason: as per tfelsky
Old 03-05-10, 11:07 AM
tfelsky
Driver

The vin likely started with a "J". How long ago did this happen as I believe they are supposed to provide same model year vehicles under most circumstances?
Old 03-05-10, 10:38 PM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

Whenever I got a loaner it was a Lexus ES as well. Seems like all they give here are ES's or Toyota Camrys when ES's are not available (or if the person is too young). In the States they seem to give a wide variety of Lexus models as loaners.
Old 03-06-10, 04:10 PM
tfelsky
Driver

We have RX 350 and HS 250h also. Last year we had an IS 250 AWD.
Old 03-07-10, 10:13 AM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tfelsky
We have RX 350 and HS 250h also. Last year we had an IS 250 AWD.
What dealer do you goto?
Old 03-07-10, 08:31 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only got a loaner once from Don Valley North (for warranty work --I don't think they like me because I get my regular service done at an independent) and it was a white ES350 (year unknown but current generation). It had tape marks all over the car (used for a wedding?). It was in decent enough shape.
Old 03-08-10, 10:25 AM
anaq110
Driver

LOL you guys were lucky to atleast get an ES... I had the pleasure of getting a Toyota Corolla and I booked my appointment 2 weeks prior.
Old 03-08-10, 03:46 PM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

Are you serious??? What dealer gave you a Corolla?
Old 03-09-10, 07:12 AM
melon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tfelsky
The vin likely started with a "J". How long ago did this happen as I believe they are supposed to provide same model year vehicles under most circumstances?
True... it turns out that they omitted the "J" from the paper given to me.
Old 03-09-10, 07:16 AM
melon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Crester
What dealer do you goto?
Right, what dealer did you go to you got the HS 250h?
Old 03-09-10, 04:27 PM
RKipp
Driver School Candidate

At NWL if your car is from Canada, you can get a RX, ES or HS depends what they have that day. All are 2009 or 2010's.
Sorry Anaq but Lexus Canada won't even cover a car for a US bought car.
I had Carlos cover that one for you.

Ryan
Old 03-09-10, 09:18 PM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

Ryan what is your dealership's policy on getting loaner vehicles? I know some dealerships require you to have purchased your car from them (Ken Shaw)... some dealerships are very particular on what services will allow you to get a loaner (DVNL)... and some seem to give out loaners for almost anything (Lexus of RH).
Old 03-10-10, 06:30 AM
RKipp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Crester
Ryan what is your dealership's policy on getting loaner vehicles? I know some dealerships require you to have purchased your car from them (Ken Shaw)... some dealerships are very particular on what services will allow you to get a loaner (DVNL)... and some seem to give out loaners for almost anything (Lexus of RH).
Car's are given to any Lexus guest that has a Canadian Lexus. They are usually booked when they book their service. It is a first come first served basis, but we try to have a couple on site at all times. If the service is less than 2 hours we try not to give out loaners, but if you need one and we have one you will get it.
We also have Toyota products for overflow when we get busy, but we try to always have a 2010 Lexus for our Lexus guests.

Ryan
Old 03-10-10, 07:37 AM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RKipp
Car's are given to any Lexus guest that has a Canadian Lexus. They are usually booked when they book their service. It is a first come first served basis, but we try to have a couple on site at all times. If the service is less than 2 hours we try not to give out loaners, but if you need one and we have one you will get it.
We also have Toyota products for overflow when we get busy, but we try to always have a 2010 Lexus for our Lexus guests.

Ryan
Wow, this is great information! Thank you! My (former) service advisor at Don Valley North told me that Lexus Canada wouldn't provide courtesy cars for warranty work unless it took "a long time." Is that Lexus Canada's policy? Or is that just Don Valley North's policy?

(I changed to a new service advisor who gave me a loaner car without any grief for warranty work. It was a silver 2007 ES350. Seems DVNL only gives out ES350s...)
Old 03-10-10, 03:54 PM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

First of all, I can't stand DVNL, I can't believe how bad the service is there. I go to Hefner in Kitchener, and they are GREAT!

I have received an ES and RX350, both current models, both spotless. The RX350 they brought to my house (with two service people so I didn't have to drive them back) because the service was going to take longer then they predicted. Once with the ES, they were just doing an alignment, but still gave me a car for the day so I didn't have to wait 1 hour.

The best service I have ever received from any COMPANY ever! If you are in the K-W area you must use this dealer.

ps. I didn't like either car as much as my 8-year-old GS430!

Steve

Quick Reply: What courtesy car did you get?