Canada For events in Canada.

my dashboard is soooo colorful..

Old 02-02-09, 09:52 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you pulling a P0500 for the vehicle speed sensor?
Old 02-03-09, 01:23 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ i'm not quite sure what the problem is right now, either the speed sensor or the wire connections in between..

Great thanks to Ken from Advance! =D He and his friend fixed most of the issues (i have to use issue"S") such as power steering, parking brake, speedometer and odometer.. Also, by installing a simulator (non-fouler), it turned off the engine light! and screw the dealers, Ken is more trustworthy!
Old 02-03-09, 08:51 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Yay!

Glad you got that sorted out
Old 02-04-09, 02:54 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

lol actually.. something is wrong with my intake now.....
it indicates that there isn't enought air flow to the engine..

Ken said he had the same problem before, so he removed all aftermarket parts and brought it to lexus, they found out that a wire is loosen. Replaced the sensor then everything is fine now.
BUT. i don't wanna remove my parts!!!
Old 02-04-09, 04:16 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

try cleaning ur MAF sensor. you can buy those cleaners at canadian tire or even lordco.

haha, i remember when ken did that. thats what started the idea i came up with, why mod, when u can demod.

we both had a good laugh when i tried to do my own coilovers the first time. went into advance on a sunday, started at 8:30, finished around 5 something. had to redo the rear's once, just cuz i was a bit **** on how the tein's would sit.

Ken is a wealth of knowledge. he's owned an SC, an IS300, and now the IS350.

i remember changing my oil control valve (vvti valve). i went in thinking its gonna be a *****, need to remove the whole intake manifold to get at the valve cover. turns out, it took ken less than 1 minute. wtf, 1 bolt, 1 clip, 1 good yank, done.
Old 02-04-09, 04:19 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

oh geez, well it's probably not the same wire, but are there any parts you can just pre-emptively fix?

I assume the guys at Advance know what they're looking for mechanically? If they're not completely sure about it, you can always go see my guys, they always figure out everything.
Old 02-05-09, 04:57 AM
t3abag
Driver

Hey andy, you know I have the same intake (in black) sitting in my basement now!, I GIVE YOU GOOOOOOD PRICE! (chinese accent)

LOLOLOLOLOLO

If your intake is ****ed, you know who to call to get another one
Old 02-05-09, 02:57 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

SorrGwa: interesting story, haha I admit he is a wealth of knowledge too! I think he cleaned the MAF sensor, but it still wouldn't work =(

Faymester: where are "ur guys"? Are they willing to check wiring? Cause it's gonna have lots of wiring involved!

t3abag: Hahaha I know. But don't think it's my intake's problem, more like the sensor's/ wire's
Old 02-05-09, 10:03 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

ken IS a wealth of knowledge. Having worked at advance, gave me 2 years of learning off of him. There is only so much you can read, and learn in school. Working at advance allowed me to satisfy my need to tinker with things, much easier to do that when ur car is on a hoist.

If the MAF sensor still isnt cleaned, i still got a can of the stuff to give a try. the hardest part is just sitting and waiting for the cleaner to completely dry. Cleaned my MAF sensor on both my cars. seems to have improved milage and response a tad bit...
Old 02-05-09, 10:46 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

What kind of intake is it?
Is the tube bigger than OEM?

I bought an SRT intake. there tube is just under 9m diameter. My stock was 6m. It came with an R-ECU piggyback. You solder it into the air flow, so it tricks it.

You might need to get a SAF-C II to adjust that stuff on the fly
Old 02-12-09, 11:45 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

it's the Jujita F5 series. I believe the tube is larger than the OEM one, but I don't think that's the problem cause I have that installed for more than 1 year~

but anyways, my ABS and AFS is fixed, by replacing the wire on my speed sensor! woohoo! now only the intake issue left =D
Old 02-12-09, 03:12 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

So, you had an o2 simulator installed. Then the next day, it was the intake issue?

Fixing one problem to find another

Could it be a bad MAF sensor??
Old 02-12-09, 04:34 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
So, you had an o2 simulator installed. Then the next day, it was the intake issue?

Fixing one problem to find another

Could it be a bad MAF sensor??
yup! but the O2 simulator doesn't seem to work, computer still senses the absence of the cat. And removing the simulator doesn't cure the intake problem either. as for the MAF, it's the OEM MAF sensor, not sure about the quality. Hopefully I will find out why on Saturday, when i bring it in to have a check.
Old 02-12-09, 09:04 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

I wonder if its just the VSC sensor.

Good luck, hopefully the shop can figure it out.

I have a CEL, but its my heater o2 sensor. Bank2sensor1. Its pre cat, so no worries, but will need to change it. I just got HP headers/ypipe. I had the headers coated in silver aluminum. Cant wait, as impatiently as I can to get them
installed.

Will be ordering all the gaskets tomorrow
Old 02-13-09, 01:10 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

hahaha nice! is your header really visible in the engine bay? cause mine isn't.. i wish i can change its color like you do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my dashboard is soooo colorful..