Canada For events in Canada.

Servicing an Imported IS250 at a Canadian Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-08, 09:41 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaydee
why exactly do they give you negative attitude?
Cause they have to service something they didn't gain (i.e. dealer profit) when they sell you a car (which probably gives you an idea of how much profit they're getting if they're getting flustered over this). Also, they probably think you're some cheapskate (which is probably uncalled for since as consumers, we're entitled to spend our money where we think is the most value).

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
all i can suggest is calling each dealership up on the phone and ask them up front if they have any issues servicing a US-purchased vehicle, and if the answer is not positive, keep moving through the list until you do find one that dosen't mind.

for example, again here in BC, MCL is the lower mainland dealer for porsche. they are nortorious for their treatment of owners with US-purchased porsches coming in for work. however, on vancouver isl., it's speedway motors who is authorized porsche there, and they have no problems at all.
Yeah but MCL pretty deals with all the Porsches in the Lower Mainland so they're kinda stuck in their monopoly.
Old 10-01-08, 08:15 AM
Zender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a US import IS350. I have to have it serviced at Toyota dealership here in Kelowna since the closest Lexus dealer is Vancouver and I am not driving 4 hours for a service

They have a deal with Richmond Lexus to service all Lexus vehicles in the area. BTW, when looking for a car I found Richmond Lexus really good... that one on Burrard wouldn't even give me the time of day when looking for a car for some reason.
Old 10-12-08, 02:44 PM
edwa
Rookie

I service mine imported is250 awd at Regency lexus and have had nothing but excellent service from them.
Also, I complained about some squeaking in the suspension a while back and they had me book an appointment and checked it out, but of course it stopped squeaking and have not done it since. The appointment was free of charge and the service adviser said if it ever happens again just call and book an appointment because the car is covered under warranty.
The only thing is that there is no courtesy car because it is an import.

ed
Old 11-12-08, 12:11 PM
chad2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chad2
My 5,000 Miles service is coming up in a couple of month, and that should be a complimentary service for my US car, but I am not sure if the Canadian Dealer will honor that - Lexus USA told me to call them for a service code when am ready to do that service.
just an update on this - in summary, the service was "eventually" complimentary... here is the details

I called Lexus USA before I took my car for the service to confirm that I shouldn't have to pay for it, so Lexus USA says yes for sure, but I first have to call Lexus Canada and register my VIN number with them, and then when I go to the Dealer, the 5,000 Mile service should show as a warranty service and it should be complimentary.

So I call Lexus Canada, and it sounded like the lady had no clue what am talking about, but she took my VIN number; and when I asked her if she sees that my 5k service shows as Warranty work, she said that she can't see any record on my car because it is American, but the Dealer will see everything.

When I get to the dealer, the service guy says, they just went through this with someone else, but I have to pay for it and then call Lexus USA to be reimbursed and that's the only way to do it. So I went ahead and paid, CAN$101.18

Next day, I called Lexus USA, and they were very nice about it and helpful, just asked me to fax my Dealer invoice, and they sent me a check a week later for US$101.18

It was kind of a pain I guess, but at least they did pay it, and I even made some money with the exchange rate... lol
Old 12-03-08, 06:03 AM
croach
Driver School Candidate

Default RX from U.S.

I have a twist - I bought my RX350 used from a Lexus dealer in Toronto but it was a U.S. car they brought in. When I tried to register it with Lexus Canada they said I could not as it was a U.S. car. I called to register it with Lexus U.S. and they said I could not because I live in Canada!

So I take it to Toyota dealer for service. Have not had any warranty service needed yet.
Old 12-03-08, 10:40 AM
chad2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by croach
I have a twist - I bought my RX350 used from a Lexus dealer in Toronto but it was a U.S. car they brought in. When I tried to register it with Lexus Canada they said I could not as it was a U.S. car. I called to register it with Lexus U.S. and they said I could not because I live in Canada!

So I take it to Toyota dealer for service. Have not had any warranty service needed yet.
That's interesting... it might have worked for me because I registered online - you do have to enter a US address when you register, so I just entered the address of someone I know in the US, and the only other thing you need is your VIN. Here is the link https://auth.owners.lexus.com/lexuso...sl/OwnersLogin
This is especially nice because you can see the whole vehicle history. And now, when I ever call Lexus USA, they know everything about, including that I live in Canada.

So I would give that a try, so you are at least in one of the systems.

Good Luck.
Old 12-03-08, 01:04 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by croach

that's a definite on your lexus dealer in toronto. if lexus canada finds out, your dealer will get slapped.