Canada For events in Canada.

SPOTTED! In Vancouver...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 12:50 PM
OneSin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NU350
Spotted a lowered black IS with side mounting front plate and black grill turning
into Venables street by La Casa International Ice Cream @ ~330pm yesterday
That would have been me
Old 07-18-10, 01:16 PM
mazuka
Driver

DlxChoi: I'm running H&R's on stock struts. The drop is perfect, but I will say that the car became more 'bouncy' over small bumps (apparently I might just be really **** as none of my passengers seem to notice compared to when I was running stock)

Andy: Jesus christ, you keep running into problems with the 5-0 you're starting to get me actually worried lol. I've driven by tonnes of cops with our exhaust (in downtown and richmond) and still haven't had them ***** me out for it... were you racing or flooring it? And was this at road blocks or just while driving on the street? I seriously don't need another ticket from the po po after what happened last year.
Old 07-18-10, 09:19 PM
DlxChoi
Driver School Candidate

mazuka: Thanks for the response. I like the drop from H&R too, but I have H&R Sport on my GTI and the ride was harsh. I'm also considering the Eibach Pro-Kit, those were comfortable among GTIs. Do you have picture of your car?
Old 07-19-10, 10:49 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Marc: lol I think downtown POs are more relax about car mods, they care about "crimes" more than "violation" of the regulations that posts no danger to others. I was driving at 60 (still have that "guilty feeling" after receiving a speeding ticket within 2 weeks, lol) along Railway in Richmond, bumped into a road block where Railway turns into Granville. It wasn't even a drink and drive check but a road block that seemed to be set up just for me, lol. As soon as I approached the PO, he questioned me about the fogs, then troubled me about the exhausts. I didn't say too much after he decided to give me a "widened exhaust" ticket because it was much better than a VI, and I know how to dispute that widened exhaust violation. But I'm glad that it was 1am at night; if it's during the day, he would be **** about my taillight tint as well. lol

All I can say is "bad luck". I have had my exhaust for 3 years and had my fogs on at night ever since I picked it up from dealership. No trouble at all! So, look out for these "mods block" in Richmond people!
Old 07-19-10, 10:53 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

DlxChoi: I don't have any of those, so can't give you any comment on those. I'm just running on Tanabe, nice and even drop, a little stiff on bumps tho. Next meet.... um.. don't think we have any plan for now, but our favorite place is @ the homedepot in Burnaby. lol

or we can arrange a beach meet, or even midnight beach meet, anyone's up?
Old 07-19-10, 09:05 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

Andy, sucks to hear that you got a ticket for the HKS Hi-Power. I have it too and sometimes I am worried. So far, I am still ok and I'll keep my fingers crossed with the exhaust. Hopefully you can dispute or something. I know cops are shaky when they have to go to court. Most cops want to avoid going to court, although they get paid to show up.
Old 07-19-10, 10:32 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just fight it in court. widened exhaust and the fog light thing is ridiculous.

the revscene meet is in the end of august, but that's a while away. i'm in for a cruise/meet if you give me at least 1 week notice.

not this weekend though, i gotta go camping.
Old 07-20-10, 01:43 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

KI_GSE21: yea, it sucks alot to get into trouble like this. And i'm pretty sure once they have you in their "blacklist", it's gonna suck even more!

Jetfire: yup, just went disputing them today. haha, you know what? I actually have 4 disputes summited and waiting for court date. It's gonna be busy year for me. lol

But there's always one thing that I worry: Once you successfully disputed the violations in court, will that PO trouble you even more when he/she sees you again? lol
Old 07-20-10, 12:31 PM
mazuka
Driver

Andy: ..... damn. Seriously, you have me paranoid everytime I take out my damned car now lol. When I heard they were targeting cars with loud/big exhausts, I was thinking they'd be all over those douchebags who rev the **** out of their cars in downtown like late at night or with those type of exhausts that rattle the **** outta my windows and stuff. But us? .. damnit. I'd be less worried if you were telling me you were getting done for excessive noise (*cough* headers *cough*)...but just for the size...damn.

DlxChoi: I've attached an image for ya. When I said 'bouncy' I ment exactly that... the coilovers on my audi were alot more stiff and harsh and I got used to that... now when going over little bumps and my car bounces all over the damn place, it's slightly annoying lol. You might wanna consider a set of TEIN's too. H-tech's if you want more comfort, S-tech's if you want similar ride height to the H&R's (if at the time I didnt find such a good deal on the H&R's, my original plan was to go for some S-techs)
Attached Thumbnails SPOTTED! In Vancouver...-ride-height.jpg  
Old 07-20-10, 03:19 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stkiss
But there's always one thing that I worry: Once you successfully disputed the violations in court, will that PO trouble you even more when he/she sees you again? lol
It is a risk, there are a couple that like to pin me on stuff. Most of the good PO will leave you alone unless you're actually doing something wrong, but they're people too so some of them are pettey and hold a grudge.
Old 07-22-10, 11:30 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Marc: hahaha I'm sorry that it got you paranoid. Well, I think downtown PO won't give you too much hassle since you have been around that area for a while and they are familiar with your bat mobile. Just be careful in Richmond, hahah pay attention ahead and avoid direct contact with road blocks =D

Fayme: oh no.. I better be polite to the PO in court. Is there anything that I needa be careful / keep in mind in court?
Old 07-22-10, 01:02 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stkiss
Fayme: oh no.. I better be polite to the PO in court. Is there anything that I needa be careful / keep in mind in court?
I started to type an answer ... I think I'll PM you instead
Old 07-23-10, 07:50 PM
DlxChoi
Driver School Candidate

stkiss/mazuka: Thanks for the input. I once had Coils on my GTI too and I was bouncing off all over the place. I thought about Tein S-Tech too, but after some reading their drop is un-even and I prefer an even drop. After a bit of research I've narrowed down my choice to Eibach Pro-Kit & F-Sport.

I read that they're essentially the same thing?
Old 07-24-10, 08:42 AM
NU350
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a Italian cars meet @ 12th and Slocan tomorrow 10am to 4pm in case any
one interested.
Here's a picture from two years ago : )
last year was rainning : (
Name:  DSC_6034.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  132.4 KB
Old 07-24-10, 01:45 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^thanks for the heads up. i'm gonna go tomorrow.

Quick Reply: SPOTTED! In Vancouver...