Canada For events in Canada.

Anyone here from CANADA TORONTO????

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 04:54 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I am in Toronto too and am looking to buy a 1998-2000 LS400 or GS300

Anyone here looking to sell your LS or GS ? PM me if you are.
Thanks
Old 09-05-07, 11:43 AM
slimpiggy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Very nice!

With the insane torque that Toyota/Lexus Hybrid cars have, your car is anything but boring. It must be addictive!

Haven't driven one yet, but would love to drive one soon.
me from Scarborough,

Was driving the very first IS350 in Toronto, faster than a Porsche on any road, overtakes every M3 on the highway,

had to get into a 400H few months ago as my son wouldn't fit into the back of the IS, the fuel economy is amazing, 8.2L over all,

actuall have two questions,

1) wonna get a tint job in addition to the factory tint, where to if money isn't my biggest concern

2) DON VALLEY NORTH is quoting me $350 for my 8000km maintainence, anyone else would do it for a more reasonable deal?

thanks
Old 09-21-07, 07:43 AM
Toronto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slimpiggy
me from Scarborough,
snip,

1) wonna get a tint job in addition to the factory tint, where to if money isn't my biggest concern
Don't mean to be unkind, but in as much as I share this board, wrote a driving textbook, and most important share the roads with you in Toronto, I'd like to say:

geeeze, I hate riding behind a guy with dark windows because you can't see through to what's happening in front. That's really dangerous for everybody not to mention really frustrating, like cruising behind a big truck.

Never had that experience yourself?

Beats me why anybody would want to impair their vision, speaking of the driver now. Sure, in the daytime you can see OK and you can kind of see sort-of at night, but it is like those morons who talk on their cellphones that have the false illusion they can drive OK while on the cell too.
Old 09-24-07, 02:38 PM
slimpiggy
Driver School Candidate

Listen Bro, on the RXh the factory tint is already at 35%, hence even if I do nothing to it you can't see through the back anyway, I ain't adding to your problem after all.

When you have an infant child in the back, you don't necessarily want other people to see him, Toronto is a dangeours place as we all know it.

Originally Posted by Toronto
Don't mean to be unkind, but in as much as I share this board, wrote a driving textbook, and most important share the roads with you in Toronto, I'd like to say:

geeeze, I hate riding behind a guy with dark windows because you can't see through to what's happening in front. That's really dangerous for everybody not to mention really frustrating, like cruising behind a big truck.

Never had that experience yourself?

Beats me why anybody would want to impair their vision, speaking of the driver now. Sure, in the daytime you can see OK and you can kind of see sort-of at night, but it is like those morons who talk on their cellphones that have the false illusion they can drive OK while on the cell too.
Old 09-24-07, 03:37 PM
Stu
Racer

..... When you have an infant child in the back, you don't necessarily want other people to see him, Toronto is a dangeours place as we all know it.

You think Toronto is that dangerous that its unsafe to have a kid in the back of your car ?

Maybe you should be NOT leaving your kid ALONE in the car ???
Old 09-25-07, 07:51 AM
slimpiggy
Driver School Candidate

Hommie Stu,

me was never leave my son alone in the back, but him being seen by the general public of TO is dangerous enough for me, you will understand later in life

Originally Posted by Stu
You think Toronto is that dangerous that its unsafe to have a kid in the back of your car ?

Maybe you should be NOT leaving your kid ALONE in the car ???
Old 09-25-07, 08:05 AM
Stu
Racer

.... him being seen by the general public of TO is dangerous enough for me, you will understand later in life
I sure hope not !
Old 09-25-07, 11:11 AM
tcbted
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm new to Lexus.
After owning a 95/97/99/01 STS, I picked up a 2000 LS400 last week with
96000 klm on her ... very low km for an LS400.
I'm north of TO on Orillia ... very few LS400's up here.
Definitely a step up in quality from the Seville STS ... looking forward to many
trouble free miles ahead of me.
Old 09-26-07, 02:06 PM
EzRush
Driver School Candidate

I'm from the Niagara Region,

Traded my 03 Accord in for a 98 GS400, still haven't gotten it though. Dealership has been working on it for over a month now. It makes me feel good that there replacing a bunch of parts etc.. but I want my car dammit

Soon enough.
Old 10-12-07, 03:35 PM
Kensolo
Driver School Candidate

I'm from Maple, Ont.

I drive a GS400. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations where I can change my brakes? I need to change all of them. There's a local shop in the area and they are charging me that specializes in Lexus and German cars, he's $539 installed. Says their good brakes and from Canada but didnt get the brand name of the brakes. He actually changed my steering pump in the past.

Thanks
KeN
Old 10-16-07, 10:24 AM
Sugar3d
Driver School Candidate

From Toronto and will be getting a RX350 (maybe a 330) in the new year. Jan baby.

My biggest problem is deciding between leasing from the dealer, or taking over someone else's lease.
Old 10-16-07, 10:27 AM
Sugar3d
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kensolo
I'm from Maple, Ont.

I drive a GS400. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations where I can change my brakes? I need to change all of them. There's a local shop in the area and they are charging me that specializes in Lexus and German cars, he's $539 installed. Says their good brakes and from Canada but didnt get the brand name of the brakes. He actually changed my steering pump in the past.

Thanks
KeN
The place I swear by is Lee's Fine Cars. I have driven an S70 for the last 3 years and he has done right by me. Give them a call maybe you'll get a better deal.
Old 10-16-07, 10:33 AM
Sugar3d
Driver School Candidate

When you have an infant child in the back, you don't necessarily want other people to see him, Toronto is a dangeours place as we all know it.

Ok.

I would like to be clear for the Non-Torontians (like 98% of this board). Toronto is not the baby-snatching capital of North America. I have lived in Toronto my whole life, (i don't have a child yet but one is on the way) and I have never heard someone say something like this about Toronto.
Old 10-17-07, 04:38 PM
Kensolo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Sugar3d! Will give them a call. Is anyone using raybestos brakes and would you would recommend them for your lexus?
Old 10-18-07, 11:48 AM
Toronto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sugar3d
Ok.

I would like to be clear for the Non-Torontians (like 98% of this board). Toronto is not the baby-snatching capital of North America. I have lived in Toronto my whole life, (i don't have a child yet but one is on the way) and I have never heard someone say something like this about Toronto.
Slimpiggy, surely there are better role models to admire than the guys who make rap videos. Peace, bro.

Quick Reply: Anyone here from CANADA TORONTO????