Canada For events in Canada.

Anyone here from CANADA TORONTO????

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-07, 04:44 AM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just curious where do you guys get your Lexus parts locally...?
Any place offering discounts for CL members?
Old 05-13-07, 07:57 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Girlfriends in Toronto, I frequent there.
Old 05-14-07, 08:39 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 204 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Fern
Just curious where do you guys get your Lexus parts locally...?
Any place offering discounts for CL members?
I have yet to find a place locally that offers good prices on parts for our cars.

Example - my car needs a timing belt change. I called Erin Park Lexus and they want $120 for the water pump and $98.00 for the timing belt.

I called Carson Toyota and their prices are $98 for the water pump and $42 for the belt. Total cost including shipping is US$160.00. Shipped via USPS and marked down to a value of $50, I won't be paying anything else to get them in my hands.
Old 05-19-07, 02:07 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

try Jmarks toyota as well.. also most local dealers are rip offs i get all my parts form the states at Jmarks.. way cheaper even after shipping
Old 05-19-07, 07:29 AM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zazzn
try Jmarks toyota as well.. also most local dealers are rip offs i get all my parts form the states at Jmarks.. way cheaper even after shipping
thanks for the input,
but I'm just trying to avoid seeing an item priced $39.95 USD and by the time UPS ships it to my door, I've paid $102.92

Never do know how much the final product is going to cost me, when its cross border shopping.
Old 05-19-07, 08:15 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 204 Likes on 112 Posts

thanks for the input,
but I'm just trying to avoid seeing an item priced $39.95 USD and by the time UPS ships it to my door, I've paid $102.92

Never do know how much the final product is going to cost me, when its cross border shopping.
Fern, you can almost guarantee how much it will end up costing you.

1. Specify that they use USPS, not UPS. That way you will not get stiffed with the insane brokerage fees that UPS charges.

2. Second method is instead of having them ship it to your Canadian address, have them ship it to this location - http://www.usaddressinc.com . This is a holding service that charges a nominal fee for all your packages. They are just over the border in Buffalo. Drive down and pick up the parts. Easy. No more fees. Ofcourse this works for parts that you don't need right away and don't mind the drive down for something else as well such as sightseeing and then it becomes worthwhile.
Old 05-19-07, 10:45 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for the input,

you do if you dont ship UPS, or have them ship it with a value of 15$ and as a gift.. Brokerage only applies after 20$ canadian from UPS and it's 50$ on any item or 35% if more then 50$.

They are sleeze *****, ship USPS and you don' thave to deal with it just GST/PST sometimes or ship AIR mail UPS and there is no brokerage.
Old 05-23-07, 09:31 AM
j.j.c
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Lexus technician other than Lexus dealer

Folks, my 92 SC400 might have minor transmission leak, my technician told me he can not do Lexus, so I have to check with your guys any reputable Lexus technician charges less than Lexus dealership.

TIA,

Jason
Old 05-23-07, 09:54 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Take it to bullock city in Markham hwy7 and bullock
Old 05-23-07, 09:35 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j.j.c
Folks, my 92 SC400 might have minor transmission leak, my technician told me he can not do Lexus, so I have to check with your guys any reputable Lexus technician charges less than Lexus dealership.

TIA,

Jason
WHATTT, I think you need a second opinion, from my understanding like the engines the tarnsmissions are almost flawless.

OR....

you can buy a 1JZ with auto, come to Windsor and I will swap it for you
Old 05-24-07, 03:45 PM
definitive
Driver School Candidate

I have a 92 sc400 and from toronto.
Im interested in any parts you guys might be selling for the sc, let me know.

As for Toronto Lexus specific stuff, all i can share is that if you need a 'sidewinder' key cut (The type with the groove down the center, no chip) the only place in toronto you can get them cut is at this place on dufferin near yorkdale mall. Runs about $10-15 or so from what i remember. Dirt cheap compared to lexus, who was charging $90 or so.

Also if you need to head to a dealer for parts or service i would suggest against going to Don Valley North Toyota/Lexus. People there are horrible when you just want a straight answer. Cant say anything about the mechanics, but the reps treat you like you know nothing about cars and they were a joke. They couldnt even tell me how much an oil change would cost me and kept saying "just schedule an appointment and bring it in and we'll take care of it" like i should just let them do whatever they wanted and ill just hand them a credit card. They also tried to keep me from talking to the parts counter directly because i was looking for some parts on some do-it-yourself jobs. The new lexus on Eglinton and Warden is exponentially better. More helpful, better parking, friendlier people.
Old 05-24-07, 05:37 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Who did you deal with at Don Valley? Was it ping lo? He is an ******* but Hiroshi is great and they work on my car all the time with no problems . That ping guy tried to rip me off once when Hiroshi was not around and for that reason i would love to put a foot up his ***.
Old 07-30-07, 01:52 PM
Toronto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by definitive

As for Toronto Lexus specific stuff, all i can share is that if you need a 'sidewinder' key cut (The type with the groove down the center, no chip) the only place in toronto you can get them cut is at this place on dufferin near yorkdale mall. Runs about $10-15 or so from what i remember. Dirt cheap compared to lexus, who was charging $90 or so.
Just got a 95 ES300...Bathurst/St. Clair. Surprised at benefit of heavier rear sway bar, links, and bushes. Might do front swaybar bushes but haven't found a source for 23 mm polyurethane ones.

Pro-Lock, on Petrolia not far from York University wants $25/key. Ken Shaw won't do an eBay blank.

Got an excellent alignment from a pro (always top of the list for a new used car for me). Ossington Tire, $80 for front and back (plus some custom machine work because front left wheel wouldn't come into spec setting).

Thinking of new shocks, perhaps just in front. Any local source? Some say high-end Monroe's are good, not just fancy brands.

EDIT: I went to Pro-Lock. Nice folks. Do a lot of Lexus keys. Be sure to bring your car so you can test the key and on all the locks, no kidding.

Last edited by Toronto; 09-21-07 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-08-07, 01:02 PM
Supershyguy
Pole Position

I am from Toronto =)
Old 08-16-07, 07:16 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

i'm in toronto, 07 is250 awd

Quick Reply: Anyone here from CANADA TORONTO????