Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

New Member 08 GS350 build (Help Me)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-19, 09:03 AM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Member 08 GS350 build (Help Me)

Hey guys, I'm new to the club Lexus forums, and I'm not very tech savvy but I need some help with my build. I have an 08 GS350 RWD. I picked her up a few months ago with 73k on the clock. She's a little rough but I want to build her up. So I'm running into issues already with my tire rim combo. I'm running Rotiform BLQ's 19x8.5 with Continental 255/35 all around. I also have a set of H&R spacers to clear the brakes. She looks good but even after Rolling the fenders I get some rub on the rear when I hit dips. Should I go a different setup? I want to lower the car on BC coilovers but it's already rubbing and I imagine going lower will aggravate the rubbing issue. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-30-19, 10:42 AM
silverlake
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What’s the wheel offset ? It looks like the spacers to clear the brakes is the problem
Old 06-30-19, 12:57 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silverlake
What’s the wheel offset ? It looks like the spacers to clear the brakes is the problem
The offset is 38. So the 2 bottom pictures in the wet are with wider spacers. The 2 top ones are with smaller H&R spacers that give me a flush fit, but cause vibrations because they're a different design. They dont bolt on like the wide spacers
Old 06-30-19, 01:28 PM
silverlake
Rookie

I’m thinking the wider spacers are why you’re rubbing in front and over dips is probably because the struts are original and there on there way out I run 275 35 19 in back and 245 40 19 in front and no rubs and I’m lowered but I replaced all four struts but I think the spacers are not helping and the offset might be the issue too the spacers with the bolts are prob hub centric and the small ones are not are you using hub rings ?
Old 06-30-19, 01:49 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

I’m thinking the wider spacers are why you’re rubbing in front and over dips is probably because the struts are original and there on there way out I run 275 35 19 in back and 245 40 19 in front and no rubs and I’m lowered but I replaced all four struts but I think the spacers are not helping and the offset might be the issue too the spacers with the bolts are prob hub centric and the small ones are not are you using hub rings ?
Yeah, I took off the wheel to re-torque them to see if that was the issue but thats when I saw the spacer was different and that it wiggles around quite a bit. No I'm not using hub rings. Would hub rings alleviate the issue? I checked my bushings and they're all good including the tie rod bushings. My concern is that the vibrations will eventually kill my hub bearings. All the work is being done by Les Schwab so if push comes to shove, they said they would buy the rims back. As for the struts, I think they're worn out too. I'll be upgrading up to BC coilovers with the swift springs with rates 14k in the front 10 in the rear, that is once I pay off some credit cards 1st 🙄
Old 06-30-19, 05:36 PM
silverlake
Rookie

It could be the hub rings idk I ran them on my old set and my new set I don’t and I don’t get any wobble but if you get a lot of wobble you could loses lugs
The following users liked this post:
AspireXVIP (06-30-19)
Old 06-30-19, 05:42 PM
AspireXVIP
Driver School Candidate

It could be the hub rings idk I ran them on my old set and my new set I don’t and I don’t get any wobble but if you get a lot of wobble you could loses lugs
Thanks man. I'll try buying some hub rings to see if it helps any. At low speeds its minor but highway it's more noticeable.