Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

97 SC300 - silentbob

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-19, 09:17 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 224 Likes on 147 Posts

Soon as i get my injectors swapped out for the correct ones, i will be starting this girl!
Old 09-11-19, 01:38 PM
silentkill
Advanced

The suspense is killing me lol, waiting for the injector swap as i really can't install anything else without em.

I can bleed my clutch thats about it. Guess i'll go back to working on the house for a few days.
Old 09-12-19, 08:46 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Bored waiting for injectors to come, modified the stock ecu cover a little bit to fit the ecumaster, its not perfect the plug and play box is freakin huge but we'll directly wire the thing eventually. One bolt holding the cover seems to work fine.

Cant even tell, factory!

Old 09-12-19, 10:35 AM
vinyvin
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey i also modified my ECU cover yesterday! Did you end up cutting the inside of it or did you do other mods? Builds lookin amazing hope your injectors come in soon!
Old 09-12-19, 10:38 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Originally Posted by vinyvin
Hey i also modified my ECU cover yesterday! Did you end up cutting the inside of it or did you do other mods? Builds lookin amazing hope your injectors come in soon!
for how its mounted i didnt really need todo anything, i tried to drill the left hole larger so it could sorta be bolted down but it didnt really work, the ecu+pnp is too tall for the cover so its just on top of it or whatever.
I need to test and make sure my map sensor line isn't getting smooshed. Realistically todo this right, i will delete the plug and play adapter and directly pin to my ecu plugs, but thats a "someday project" lmao after the car runs.
Old 09-12-19, 11:52 AM
vinyvin
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah that sounds good. Only reason I did mine was bc my friend got out of my car and tapped thr ECU with her foot and the car stalled lol Im sure that shouldnt be an issue with the PnP adapter
Old 09-13-19, 09:16 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Good idea, I have had the ecu without the cover before and eventually if you have enough tall passengers something will come loose and make you reinstall it.
You can trim out some of the inside of the cover, thre are some plastic fins etc.. just where you need more room.
Looks great though nice job Waiting for the first start
The following users liked this post:
vinyvin (09-13-19)
Old 09-13-19, 11:10 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Good idea, I have had the ecu without the cover before and eventually if you have enough tall passengers something will come loose and make you reinstall it.
You can trim out some of the inside of the cover, thre are some plastic fins etc.. just where you need more room.
Looks great though nice job Waiting for the first start
Haha, i tested cranking the engine after setting up my primary and secondary triggers (cam and crank sensors) in the ecumaster black. I get RPM reading so thats good, so all of my sensors as far as i can tell read and function as well as coils.

So the parts im uncertain about are cranking fuel, dwell times, etc. We'll see i have faith the ole girl's gonna sing next week.
vinyvin (09-13-19)
Old 09-23-19, 06:15 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Figured out my TPS and IACV issues, i had to depin the middle IACV pins to work with standalone.

Car is 99% assembled short of doing the fuel pump wiring but i may just start it once i fix these couple of coolant leaks.

My metal joint for the heater core hose is funky so i need a regular clamp, and the line i used for the TB line that now goes to the turbo is too large.
Old 09-23-19, 10:56 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

im excited for this thing to run...
LSXus (07-25-20)
Old 09-23-19, 10:57 AM
silentkill
Advanced

maybe today if i feel like it lol

latest update
The following 2 users liked this post by silentkill:
Ali SC3 (09-24-19), LSXus (07-25-20)
Old 09-24-19, 07:53 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,200 Likes on 831 Posts

It looks absolutely killer. You can't argue with how good the FFIM look on these engines compared to stock.
Old 09-24-19, 07:55 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Originally Posted by RudysSC
It looks absolutely killer. You can't argue with how good the FFIM look on these engines compared to stock.
fitment is very tight and awesome from above but stuffing your hand down there is torture and changing the oil will be interesting lmao.

I almost completed the build in 3 months exactly. Took it apart about 6/20 and its 9/24 now.

Troubleshooting trigger issues with someone from the ecu group tonight so we'll see what happens.

fun teaser pic:

Last edited by silentkill; 09-24-19 at 08:49 AM.
RudysSC (09-25-19)
Old 10-10-19, 06:55 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Lack of updates sorry haha, I am mid-replacing the stock regulator with Aeromotive as we think my walbro 450 is putting a thrashing on it and we dont know the base pressure.

The engine basically floods every time you try and start it as it is even with cranking fuel WAY turned down. I had to change the oil even as it just smelled like gas hardcore.

I am also going to drain as much of the tank as i can when i get the regulator hooked up as i can just dump the return into a gas can. It almost smells like the bad gas that was in my snowmobile last year.

AN hose comes in today so ill get that line made and get back to work on this! If it doesn't start after this its going in the corner while so i can sort my jeep out for winter.
Old 10-21-19, 07:26 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Fall update,

Got the car on rollers and turned it around for winter storage. Took the intake off and will get it over to my buddy to be fully Tig welded. Basically I was able to get the car to 500-700rpm run for a second then die. We concluded it's not building any vacuum and when pressurizing the intake I have leaks all over. Will try again during the week probably if my friend gets the intake done.

LSXus (07-25-20)

Quick Reply: 97 SC300 - silentbob