My Matte Nebula Gray RCF

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-19, 05:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
How about expert mode?
I never tried it. I believe, it allows more slip angle and allows the tail to kick/slides out more. However, it would not allow full on textended drifts as full traction control as traction control will still kick in when it feels it needs to. It has to be turned off (which is what the fool Clarkson was trying to do with expert mode).

p.s. You can see the torque meter showing the torque split while turning hard. It really shows when the TVD is pushing more torque to the outside wheel during a turn.
Old 05-06-19, 05:39 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

The more I see this special edition, the more I like it. Welcome!
Old 05-06-19, 06:07 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

here's my opinion with the RC F...i like the car a lot, i had it for about 6 months, but coming from ISF which I tracked few times, I can tell that the ISF is more planted on a high-speed turn, especially on a tight corner. The RCF is heavy, trying to point the nose on a turn and I have to brake a little early coz i know i am going to need it. The ISF is more agile, a bit more precise, I'm assuming it's due to being 4 door. I don't have the TVD, so can't give you an opinion on that. Personally, I think you take the whole potential of this car to the track and apply it on the street. I am going to track it this summer at big willow or streets of willow.
Old 05-06-19, 06:22 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

TVD makes a big difference in how fast you can get the nose to respond. It really makes the car sharp in terms of on-center steering response (in high revs with manual/sport+). Key is to feed in the throttle and not to come off the throttle and the TVD will rotate the rear making the axis of rotation shift aft of the CoG car (closer to the rear). R&T got a 73 mph slalom and 0.96g with the TVD. However, some people prefer the ability to manually adjust mid-corner through LSD.

I have never driven an LSD RCF. Some of what you are describing is because of our soft tires especially at the front. The ISF came with PS2 tires that were had stiffer sidewalls (XL). The RCF-spec version of MPSS tires we have are horrible because they roll too much in tight turns. Lexus fixed it with the new RCF-Spec MPS4S tires that have a lot of reinforced sidewalls and the tread has been redesigned compared to standard MPS4S. The track edition only has LSD. I think with the LSD, you simply need more front mechanical grip to get the nose to respond better.

Chassis wise, they both have the similar size (RCF is 1.5 inches longer) and wheelbase is the same. RCF is wider in the rear. RCF has stiffer chassis because of the extra bracings in the doors, engine bay and rear seats etc.

This is what C&D said in their back-to-back tests:

"On the skidpad, the standard RC F loses cornering grip at its front tires first, while the TVD-equipped car circles with restrained but consistent oversteer…

The RC F with the conventional limited-slip diff entered corners with pressing understeer, but in several turns made an abrupt, midcorner transition to oversteer. That kind of high-maintenance behavior makes the car unwieldy and more unpredictable than fun. With the TVD, the car’s attitude remains consistent throughout the corner. From turn-in to track-out, the TVD minimizes the effort required to hold the line.

There’s no question that torque vectoring improves objective performance, yet the strongest selling point for this differential is how the car feels from behind the wheel. Whether it’s at the limit on the track or winding down country roads, torque vectoring makes the car livelier and more controllable. Without it, limit cornering is a trying exercise in traction management, load transfer, and other subtle variables. The torque-vectoring differential feels like a subtle push from behind. Turn the wheel and the car dives in so eagerly and effortlessly that you’ll want to attribute its behavior to magnetic forces or supernatural powers. Or, you might just tell passengers that it’s all due to your peerless driving technique. And isn’t that worth the money?"

Originally Posted by chris07is
here's my opinion with the RC F...i like the car a lot, i had it for about 6 months, but coming from ISF which I tracked few times, I can tell that the ISF is more planted on a high-speed turn, especially on a tight corner. The RCF is heavy, trying to point the nose on a turn and I have to brake a little early coz i know i am going to need it. The ISF is more agile, a bit more precise, I'm assuming it's due to being 4 door. I don't have the TVD, so can't give you an opinion on that. Personally, I think you take the whole potential of this car to the track and apply it on the street. I am going to track it this summer at big willow or streets of willow.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-06-19 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-08-19, 05:22 PM
Dribble
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

Got her cleaned up and plated.

Where are the blue seats???
Old 05-08-19, 06:02 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Good eye. I never said it was an anniversary edition just matte nebula gray.
Old 05-08-19, 06:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

So, I take it is a 2015 RCF Carbon/TVD (exhaust tips are 2015) with blue callipers, blacked out 20 inch split spoke wheels, matte grey wrap?
Old 05-08-19, 06:31 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Wrap this ain’t a present it’s a Lexus. I don’t think they offer oem wrap colors.

Last edited by Gearbangin; 05-08-19 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-08-19, 06:39 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks great. Would love to see a photoshop of the chrome window trim in black.
Old 05-08-19, 06:45 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

In person the matte paint with the touch of metal looks right.
The following users liked this post:
Apone (05-09-19)
Old 05-08-19, 07:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Wrap this ain’t a present it’s a Lexus. I don’t think they offer oem wrap colors.
I did not realize they offered matte grey as OEM color outside of the anniversary edition especially in 2015.
Old 05-09-19, 02:05 AM
Dribble
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

Good eye. I never said it was an anniversary edition just matte nebula gray.

Ok thought I was going crazy. Everyone was commenting on the idea it was a 10th but I noticed the black interior. Great looking car though. Nice job
Old 05-09-19, 06:13 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks mang

Last edited by Gearbangin; 05-09-19 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-10-19, 10:37 AM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

WAIT! I am really confused now...isn't that a 10th Anniversary Badge on the door? What is going on here? LOL
Old 05-10-19, 02:09 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah right? lol

Quick Reply: My Matte Nebula Gray RCF