Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Pittsy's 2014 IS250 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-18, 11:11 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts
Default Pittsy's 2014 IS250 Build

I've seen lots of people on here creating build threads and having lots of fun with them, as well as using it as a way to keep track of what they've done and what they're going to do, and I want to do the same thing. I'll continue to update this as I do new mods.

Current:
Satin Black Full Body
Window Trim Wrap/Gloss
Black Powdercoated 17" OEM Wheels
15mm Rear Spacers + 20mm Front Spacers
Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior
2 12" Subwoofers + Boss Amp
Invidia Q300 Axelback Exhaust + Custom Fab Midpipe
AEM Cold Air Intake
Pixel Performance RGB DRL's
Obsidian Black Trunk Spoiler
Interior RGB Lighting
RSR Downsprings

Purchased:
None at the moment

Planned:
RRRacing Supercharger (RRRacing has one in development for the 250)
Stillen Rear Diffuser
Aeroflow Dynamics Front Lip
Ebay Side Skirts

G2 Black Caliper Paint
CF Steering Wheel from DCTMS
Headliner Reupholstered in Black(maybe, its really expensive for such a passive mod)

I picked up my Atomic Silver '14 IS250 in the beginning of February, 2018, with 30k miles. This is it the day I picked it up:

Was a great day.

When I first bought it, I never thought I would be changing it and modding it as much as I am/have. The first thing I did was plasti-dip the rims(Bad decision, I know, but hindsight is 20/20 so).

It looked good for a while, but AZ's heat and sun quickly faded it and it just became gross after about 2 or so months. The next mod I had set on mind was a wrap. I wanted to have a "murdered out" Lexus. I had seen some other IS250's that were blacked out and thought it looked so clean. I was leaving for a couple weeks over summer, so I thought what a great opportunity to have it wrapped. I'll get back and have a nice surprise.

Here she is at the wrap shop, and below is the first photo I took once I got it home:

I kept the plasti-dipped rims for the time being, I was still deciding whether or not I wanted to buy new ones or get mine powdercoated.
My next mod I had in mind was exhaust. At first I ordered the circuit werkz off of amazon but it got canceled due to being out of stock(thank god lol) I then ordered the Invidia q300 Axelback off of Amazon.

Did the swap in about 3 hours(using my very very primitive tools, I actually have real tools now, didn't have any at the time. The next thing to go on the car was an AEM Cold Air Intake. I wanted to spruce up under my hood, plus the sound it makes is amazing. Sorry about the poor picture quality.

The exhaust paired with the intake sounded great, but I wanted some more volume. I brought the car down to a local exhaust shop, and the fabricated me a cat-less resonator less midpipe. 120$ later she has a deep, throaty growl. Video:
View this post on Instagram

At this point, the wheels were sticking out like a sore thumb, So I got them powdercoated.

Got the beautiful wheels now, and now I wanted to have some fun.(Along with the wheels, I did 20mm Spacers in the front and 15mm in the back. Did an interior carbon fiber wrap:

And while the car was on stands for the wheels being redone, I took the front bumper off and self installed the Profile Performance Pixel DRL's.

if emitting black as a light was possible, I would've done it. But red is a good alternative! One of the next things I did was get a trunk wing, painted in obsidian black. I also bought a new rear diffuser, but due to fitment issues, I returned it. Going to go with a Stillen here in the future.

(Oh yeah, I got a black plate to match black everything.) Now we're on to the tinted taillights. When am I ever going to learn my lesson with plasti-dip? At first I bough some plasti-dip smoke, and, well, just take a look. Instead of getting a smoke effect it just turned my lights a purple maroonish color. First is the original, second is the plasti-dip smoke.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was uncomfortably purple. Couple weeks later (as in 2 days ago) I stripped off the plasti-dip, sanded the tail lights(and reflectors) with 1000 grit, then 2000, then a 3000 finishing pad. After that, I cleaned with rubbing alcohol, and laid down 3 coats of VHT Nightshade. Here are pics of the process and finished product:

Oh, and last mod I forgot about, I installed 2 12" subwoofers in the trunk, powered by a 1500w BOSS Amp.

I'm super happy with how the car has come so far, here is a current picture(will update as new mods happen):

Happy Modding!

Last edited by Pittsy; 11-07-18 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-26-18, 04:51 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice start!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-27-18, 07:20 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Just got dropped on RSR Downs!! So thrilled that the gap between the wheels and fenders are gone!

Thanks to Josh from Meraki Autoworks for hooking it up with the springs!
Old 11-05-18, 09:23 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Update time:

I tried to refinish those marred DRL's but there is something else totally wrong with them. Gonna grab some new lenses for it and rebuild, but i'm tired of my DRL's so i'm sure you all are too. Going to fix the issue and not update on it anymore.

Secondly, I need an opinion. RRacing has started development on a supercharger for the 250. Were expecting an update in december on it, but should i hold off on other mods and save up for the supercharger? Or should continue with my cosmetic mods first, and then get to the SC whenever it drops?
Old 11-05-18, 12:09 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Its whatever you want man. But in general, I'll stay away from the cheap mods and just save for the big ones. Of course, there are exceptions to what I just said. All depends on how you ultimately want your ride to look like in the end.

Slightly off topic, but your blacked out tail lights, I think they could look better if you somehow smoothed it out more?
Old 11-05-18, 12:13 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by RageRacerM
Its whatever you want man. But in general, I'll stay away from the cheap mods and just save for the big ones. Of course, there are exceptions to what I just said. All depends on how you ultimately want your ride to look like in the end.

Slightly off topic, but your blacked out tail lights, I think they could look better if you somehow smoothed it out more?
I think my plan of action is to go get that stillen diffuser, then start saving for the SC.

I haven't made my update on my taillights yet but I sanded them with 1500 grit, clearcoated, then sanded again with 1500 and polished them. Im going to do one more oribital polish then wax. they're looking a lot better.
Old 11-08-18, 07:42 PM
Sybaritic
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Some cool stuff! Two quick Qs:

1. The AEM INTAKE didn't kick off the check engine light? Did your low end torque suffer with this Intake?

2. How do you remove those door pieces with the power window switches to wrap? Do they just pry off with a proper interior trim pry wedge sticks?

Keep up the modding !
Old 11-08-18, 07:56 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Sybaritic
Some cool stuff! Two quick Qs:

1. The AEM INTAKE didn't kick off the check engine light? Did your low end torque suffer with this Intake?

2. How do you remove those door pieces with the power window switches to wrap? Do they just pry off with a proper interior trim pry wedge sticks?

Keep up the modding !
Nope, AEM intake didn't throw a CEL(sorta, the vacuum tube accidentally slipped off when i was driving and threw a CEL but i just unplugged the battery and plugged it back in to fix it, and made sure the vacuum tube was securely fastened.) Also, the low end torque stayed about the same, if anything i gained some.

the door pieces just pop off with the pry wedge stick like you said, and once you get the whole plate of the armrest, there is a harness you unplug, then there are like 8 miniature clips holding the switch cluster into the faceplate. just pop them off with your fingers and go at it!

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 11-09-18, 06:55 AM
Ajowhan
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Update time:

I tried to refinish those marred DRL's but there is something else totally wrong with them. Gonna grab some new lenses for it and rebuild, but i'm tired of my DRL's so i'm sure you all are too. Going to fix the issue and not update on it anymore.

Secondly, I need an opinion. RRacing has started development on a supercharger for the 250. Were expecting an update in december on it, but should i hold off on other mods and save up for the supercharger? Or should continue with my cosmetic mods first, and then get to the SC whenever it drops?
Just because of the price different, that really depends on how many more cosmetic mods. If its like 1, I would do cosmetic first cause saving up for SC gonna take a lot more. If you have a bunch of cosmetic to do, then it depends on what you prefer, performance vs cosmetic. Its a personal preference thing. I have a friend that throw everything into performance and holding off any cosmetic first and vice versa. Which would you enjoy more first
Old 11-09-18, 07:19 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Ajowhan
Just because of the price different, that really depends on how many more cosmetic mods. If its like 1, I would do cosmetic first cause saving up for SC gonna take a lot more. If you have a bunch of cosmetic to do, then it depends on what you prefer, performance vs cosmetic. Its a personal preference thing. I have a friend that throw everything into performance and holding off any cosmetic first and vice versa. Which would you enjoy more first
In all honestly, I would probably enjoy the HP more, but the development of the SC is still a ways away, besides that I only have a few cosmetic mods left to do for now anyways. Ill slowly start saving up for the SC but I'm going to finish up my cosmetics before it drops.
Old 11-09-18, 07:23 AM
Ajowhan
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
In all honestly, I would probably enjoy the HP more, but the development of the SC is still a ways away, besides that I only have a few cosmetic mods left to do for now anyways. Ill slowly start saving up for the SC but I'm going to finish up my cosmetics before it drops.
Sweet, cant wait to see your end result!
Old 11-11-18, 08:09 PM
Krimzon17
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you exactly change the day time light color? I am looking to making mine red
Old 11-12-18, 08:23 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Krimzon17
How do you exactly change the day time light color? I am looking to making mine red
I have custom RGB LED's inside. Although I don't recommend the process. It's more of a pain than anything. If you're looking to change the color to red, buy some precut red tint for them.
Old 11-20-18, 03:46 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Well this isn’t the update I was hoping to give you guys today. Was excited to tell you guys that i’m getting my axelback powdercoated black to match the wrap!

Well....

Was making a left turn through stopped traffic and low and behold a woman driving her benz at a considerable speed zooms down the merger lane and a collision occurred. Everyone is okay and no airbags went off. Benz came out with a cracked headlight and a scratched bumper, won’t share photos for privacy, but my 3IS got clapped.

With that said, the build is going on hold for a while. damage is going to be appraised tomorrow and we will see if it totals it. i’m really hoping not, i’m in love with this car.

Say some prayers for lexi...

-D
Old 11-20-18, 03:50 PM
Sybaritic
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Goodness gracious....was the lady apologetic or defiant? I hope her insurance goes up, and that you yelled at her. If that was my car, I would be beyond angry.

glad to hear you're okay. This is an outrage.

Quick Reply: Pittsy's 2014 IS250 Build