Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Pittsy's 2014 IS250 Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-18, 03:53 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff................... Terrible that this happened. Glad you're okay!
Old 11-20-18, 06:01 PM
Ajowhan
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Omgad.. I hope your lexi will be okay.. sad day. Stay strong
Old 11-20-18, 06:01 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 788 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Sybaritic
Goodness gracious....was the lady apologetic or defiant? I hope her insurance goes up, and that you yelled at her. If that was my car, I would be beyond angry.

glad to hear you're okay. This is an outrage.
Thanks. Yeah i was in a lot of shock and the first thing that came out of my mouth was why you were going so fast. out of pure luck, one of my buddies was standing on the street corner when it happened and came over, as well as two other people i knew witnessed the accident. Beyond my comment about her speed the only words spoken between us were exchange of insurance and DL’s. Not sure how she came out with such little damage.

Originally Posted by RageRacerM
Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff................... Terrible that this happened. Glad you're okay!
Thanks, it’s really comforting to know you have a community behind you who cares! I’ll find out tomorrow if she’s totaled.

On an unrelated note, my wrap got a tinsy scratched today so if it turns out to be fixable, back to atomic silver!!
Old 11-20-18, 06:02 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Ajowhan
Omgad.. I hope your lexi will be okay.. sad day. Stay strong
Thanks for the words, i really do appreciate it.
Old 11-21-18, 07:51 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Having AAA pick up the car from the PD impound lot over to our preferred body shop, where it'll be evaluated and appraised, then be locked up for the holiday. I don't really want anything stolen off of it if it sits out. Will update when I get word from insurance. Let's pray she's not totaled. This build must go on...
Old 11-21-18, 08:48 AM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow, glad you're ok and sorry this happened to you after all your hard work. i have a feeling this will be totaled just because of the amount of damage it has and because it's a lexus.

if they total it, i'd buy it back for change, then part it out, you'd probably make more money parting it out than what the insurance will give you. that will give you a chance hopefully to upgrade or buy a newer model.
Old 11-21-18, 08:57 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by chinox22x
wow, glad you're ok and sorry this happened to you after all your hard work. i have a feeling this will be totaled just because of the amount of damage it has and because it's a lexus.

if they total it, i'd buy it back for change, then part it out, you'd probably make more money parting it out than what the insurance will give you. that will give you a chance hopefully to upgrade or buy a newer model.
Lets pray it’s not, either way we’ve worked with this body shop multiple times for different vehicles and they’re pretty good about not ripping you off. I’m really hoping it’s not. i’ll find out in a few hours and update y’all.
Old 11-22-18, 10:38 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

Hope you're ok.
Old 11-23-18, 12:15 AM
MsDesiJo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh no! So sorry about your Lexi! Glad you are ok and there were witnesses.
Old 11-26-18, 07:52 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Made my statement to insurance last night. The nice lady I talked to said she will have an appraiser sent down to the body shop my car is at ASAP.

Not sure If i mentioned this yet, but the PD towing partner scraped my rear end loading it after the collision. Talked to insurance about all of that and thank god it's covered.

ALSO!!!
Auto body said that insurance SHOULD cover the wrap. Haven't talked to them about this because at this point its the least of my concern, Im not even sure if the car is totaled yet. BUT on the chance that it's not, what color should the car be rewrapped? Has to go well with black, (black lights, wheels, wing, etc) Thinking going with a matte black? or maybe like a gunmetal gray, cobalt blue matte? something matte for sure, Let me know some of your ideas or suggestions. The place that is doing my wrap, and did the original wrap, can print any design onto 3M vinyl, so if you have any funky cool designs lmk.
Old 11-26-18, 10:42 AM
Ajowhan
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Made my statement to insurance last night. The nice lady I talked to said she will have an appraiser sent down to the body shop my car is at ASAP.

Not sure If i mentioned this yet, but the PD towing partner scraped my rear end loading it after the collision. Talked to insurance about all of that and thank god it's covered.

ALSO!!!
Auto body said that insurance SHOULD cover the wrap. Haven't talked to them about this because at this point its the least of my concern, Im not even sure if the car is totaled yet. BUT on the chance that it's not, what color should the car be rewrapped? Has to go well with black, (black lights, wheels, wing, etc) Thinking going with a matte black? or maybe like a gunmetal gray, cobalt blue matte? something matte for sure, Let me know some of your ideas or suggestions. The place that is doing my wrap, and did the original wrap, can print any design onto 3M vinyl, so if you have any funky cool designs lmk.
Matte black! or anything matte. I kinda want to explore unique design. lines here and there, nothing crazy, colored door handle.. If the vinyl is covered, that is great. As far as I know, any modification to the car has to be reported to insurance as it is extra cost for them to cover in case of accident. So if they do not know that you have vinyl on, they might refused to honor that. but finger xed!

How much did you get charged to fully wrap it?
Also Im glad its covered by insurance, I was worried at first that you having damage to the front usually risk of getting the blame. MATTE BLACK
Old 11-26-18, 12:02 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Just be careful if you ever go to take off the wrap. You may find it pulls the newly painted area's paint off with it!
Old 11-26-18, 12:08 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Ajowhan
Matte black! or anything matte. I kinda want to explore unique design. lines here and there, nothing crazy, colored door handle.. If the vinyl is covered, that is great. As far as I know, any modification to the car has to be reported to insurance as it is extra cost for them to cover in case of accident. So if they do not know that you have vinyl on, they might refused to honor that. but finger xed!

How much did you get charged to fully wrap it?
Also Im glad its covered by insurance, I was worried at first that you having damage to the front usually risk of getting the blame. MATTE BLACK
Cost me 2500$ for full body + all chromes. Worst case scenario if its not covered, ill just have the sections that are replaced rewrapped in the same black, although the color may not match due to fading etc. Thats why Im hoping it'll be covered! If Its covered, Im thinking about having some matte red, matte dark gray, and maybe some matte white stripes(not racing stripes but erratic almost like lighting strike-like stripes) on a matte black. Also thinking that a matte cobalt with black erratic stripes through it would look really good.
Old 11-26-18, 12:09 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Burrcold
Just be careful if you ever go to take off the wrap. You may find it pulls the newly painted area's paint off with it!
Ah thanks for reminding me, I remember reading this somewhere. I will wait a month or two probably after I get the car back(If i do get it back) to wrap it, in order to let paint cure, plus they will need the car for a week or two to do the wrap. Thanks!
Old 11-26-18, 12:48 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Ah thanks for reminding me, I remember reading this somewhere. I will wait a month or two probably after I get the car back(If i do get it back) to wrap it, in order to let paint cure, plus they will need the car for a week or two to do the wrap. Thanks!
Were any of your other panels (that survived the crash) repainted at any point? Hopefully the paint from your current wrap doesn't pull anything off...unless of course you are getting the entire car repainted when it's repaired.

Remember it's not just about it curing time, it's also the surface prep, primer, bonding/flex agents, and all other factors that go into a quality repaint.

Quick Reply: Pittsy's 2014 IS250 Build