Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Lammy's NGP Track Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-18, 09:25 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Lammy's NGP Track Build

Finally getting around to creating my build thread. The car has previously been owned by two other forum members, CYKBC and Uda880 and has been meticulously maintained which I picked up in May of 2018. The RC-F is a car I've fallen in love with after my first test drive and this car in particular with TVD is one that I'm really looking forward to building.

Follow my build on Instagram: @stevenlammy

Wheels/Suspension:
Rays TE037 6061
Toyo R888R
CKS Suspension + Swift Springs
StanceParts Air Cup Kit
Toms Chassis Bracing
FIGS Camber Arms
RR-Racing Engine Brace
RR-Racing USRS
ProjectKics R40

Exterior:
Artisan Spirits Lip Kit
Artisan Spirits Fender Ducts
Varis Muffler Guards
Rowen CF Blades
C-West Trunk Lip
Rear Fender Molding
Carbon Fiber Mirrors
Lotus Solar Yellow Brakes
Gloss Black Trim
20% Tints

Interior:
StudioRSR Rollcage
DCTMS Steering Wheel
DCTMS Shift ****
Red Stitch Shift Boot

Performance:
ARK Exhaust
Takeda Intake
RR-Racing AOS
RR-Racing Heatshield

Shops/Vendors Recommendations:
SpeedImageUSA
HTL Motorsports
GarageWorks
Motorsport Techniques

Last edited by vbb; 08-11-19 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-10-18, 09:28 PM
AR_Motorwerkz
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks freaking MEAN brotha, can't wait to see how the beast will end up looking

-Nick
Old 08-11-18, 01:05 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Awesome! Nice to see that car is still on the forums.

Let us know whatever you need next, we can keep it a secret.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-13-18, 11:56 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

who you kiddin' Josh? You guys are anit-secret-keepers... you're like a spoiler alert waiting to happen, because you're too excited to proclaim the new parts coming!
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (08-15-18)
Old 08-14-18, 01:00 PM
JBooGieRCF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm happy to see full bellow bag system....I might have to look into this.
Old 09-27-18, 04:58 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Finally got around to getting my bags installed! Maybe a set of wheels next? Huge shoutout to Danny @ HTL Motorsports in Santa Clara - he came highly recommended from one of the ClubLexus OGs and I can see why. He's incredibly knowledgeable and does quality work!

Big thanks to pheen619 and specONE for helping me with all my questions!

Setup: Airlift 3P Management + Airforce Struts - I decided to go with Airforce because they offered me a price I couldn't turn down and they were really good to me. Previously had Tein springs which if I'm being honest, was not what I was looking for. I considered coils but it lacks the ability to adjust height on demand.

Here are the two videos that really helped me make up my mind and reassure me.

I know one of the biggest issues our cars have with bags is the endlinks rubbing against the bag. Many struts will fit but require the removal of the swaybar which I personally was not okay with, but some other RC-F guys who only really go to shows and daily have had no issues without it. I chose Airforce because of their customer service and how their bag sits offset. Pheen did tell me that he had issues with the bag rubbing when it came to aggressive cornering so I'll be testing that for you guys over the course of the next few weeks/months.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 12-20-18 at 10:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JBooGieRCF (09-28-18)
Old 09-27-18, 05:50 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Would love to get my RC-F on bags.....sub'd for updates
Old 09-27-18, 07:04 PM
fizik
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny coincidence. I called HTL yesterday about a quote for installation of bags on my RC350. Danny mentioned he was doing an install on an RCF, must have been yours.

Nice car BTW. Hopefully I'll run into you and see your car in person in the future. Cheers.
Old 09-27-18, 07:16 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fizik
Funny coincidence. I called HTL yesterday about a quote for installation of bags on my RC350. Danny mentioned he was doing an install on an RCF, must have been yours.

Nice car BTW. Hopefully I'll run into you and see your car in person in the future. Cheers.
Hope to run into you soon too!

Danny's the best! His price is great compared to a lot of other shops I called up and he's also lightning fast with the install. He's incredibly knowledgeable so I highly recommend him! Yosup who's a ClubLexus OG also tints windows in the same shop so if you haven't got that done, it's two birds one stone
Old 09-28-18, 07:44 AM
JBooGieRCF
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

LOOKS GOOD!!! Can't wait to get mine!!!
Old 10-06-18, 02:00 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you on these AirForce struts. I've done a bit of spirited driving and it seems like the bags are not rubbing whatsoever. I put toothpaste with some chalk on the endlink to see if there was any signs of rub. Threw the car on a friend's lift this morning and looks like there are no issues. I will keep monitoring and update accordingly.

Saving for wheels which I will probably order by end of year (or maybe Black Friday if there's a good deal). For the time being, I have a few goodies coming in - CF mirror covers and Artisan Spirit fender ducts. I'll probably order RR-Racing USRS from Josh this coming week though. I also got my hands on a red stitching shift boot to match my interior. I'll order the steering wheel and shift **** down the line to switch out.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 11-06-18 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-07-18, 01:11 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice job on the suspension glad to hear it clears and there are no issues. I bet the grey and carbon is going to look sick. What’s the average price for a air suspension installed like your? Also any trunk pictures of the compressor?
Old 10-07-18, 03:38 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR
Nice job on the suspension glad to hear it clears and there are no issues. I bet the grey and carbon is going to look sick. What’s the average price for a air suspension installed like your? Also any trunk pictures of the compressor?
I hope so! I have an idea of what I want the car to look like but I hope it looks as good as it does in my head LOL

My setup is super basic haha it's a 5gal tank in the back of the trunk with the a single compressor behind it (the manifold is under the where our tools are kept. I have a second compressor but I decided to keep it as a future backup. Install price ranges depending on how fancy you want. Basic installs I'd say range from $1-2k in the Bay Area since it's a pretty labor intensive job (at least that's what I've been seeing). Fancy installs including wood trunk, hardlines and brackets to prop the compressor and manifold are obviously higher but I didn't really look into that since I don't go to shows anymore
Old 10-09-18, 10:06 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Is the grille trim blacked out? I can't stand how the chrome looks so close to the NGP color and have been thinking of doing something similar.
Old 10-10-18, 09:30 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kerune
Is the grille trim blacked out? I can't stand how the chrome looks so close to the NGP color and have been thinking of doing something similar.
They're painted gloss black. I think the chrome trim on NGP looks soooo bad. You should definitely do it! I know some people wrap it but for these smaller/thinner parts, but I'd just paint it.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 10-16-18 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Lammy's NGP Track Build