Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

So I bought another SC for the collection

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-17, 08:34 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts
Default So I bought another SC for the collection

This makes number 5, it is a 97 classic green pearl SC300 auto that I picked up for $400. I am trying to decide what to do with it. If I decide to restore it, I will start a build thread but it will be quite a project if I do. The engine seems solid which is the main reason I picked it up. My intent was to have a back up engine for the race car. The interior is trashed completely. The body is pretty straight, one small dent in the left front fender and the rear bumper cover is pushed in on one corner. The paint is trashed. Wheels are trashed. Not much to work with if I do anything with it other than pull the motor. Will mull it over for a month or so.
Old 12-22-17, 09:29 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 124 Posts

Pics or it didnt happen :P
Old 12-23-17, 07:55 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

What he said, I wanted to see it too
Old 12-23-17, 09:06 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Originally Posted by vteruni
Pics or it didnt happen :P
Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
What he said, I wanted to see it too
Yeah, yeah, I get it, I'll get some up sorry about that. I didn't figure it was too big of a deal to not have pics of a trashed SC with no redeeming value to the average enthusiast. The car is at my buddy's shop a couple of hours away, I dropped it off there after I picked it up just so we would have a back up parts car near our last race. I have to get it out of his way now anyway, so I'll get it next week and snap a few pics of this beauty. I really like the fact the car is straight, it's just that as most people on here know the road to interior restoration is a tough one. Seats - all trashed, hard to come up with good alternatives or good direct replacements. Paint - trashed, not very many inexpensive ways to not put more than double in it that the car is worth (I know this how? Because I have a DWP and a Garnet Pearl that is this exact situation). As with most of the ragged out deals the engine/trans are the best part of the deal, this car runs pretty decent other than I think it has a fuel pump or fuel pump ecu issue, have not taken the time to figure it out yet. Just too many other priorities with the other 3 cars. I think I'll just tuck this one away in my barn and hold it until I either need an engine or decide to take it on. Funny part of this story was when I hit the guy up for this car he had listed on craigslist, he said a guy had called and said he just wanted the engine. He responded if just the engine he wanted $700, but he could have the car for $400. I get it, time is money, if somebody wants me to take an engine out I would probably be of that same mind.
Old 12-23-17, 09:13 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Here is a pic of my other three (that run) to give this thread some cred until I get the 97 pics posted.

Old 12-26-17, 07:56 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I'll buy that white SC when you are ready to sell.
The following users liked this post:
RXRodger (12-27-17)
Old 12-26-17, 08:29 PM
Jojohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

First I wanna let you know that I like your collections of SC. I have a 98 sc300 myself.
I just joined the club today and hopefully maybe u can help me about my AC problem.About 2 days ago my AC /heater stopped working,,, meaning no air coming out at all ,, as you know there’s only one control for both,, so not know if I just need to just check on AC if there’s such a thing,, coz obviously the on/off control doesn’t work to begin with and I don’t know where to start looking for solutions.Hopefully you have some advise for me.,, also how do I post something on the forum so all members can see this???My email add is jojohn6768@comcast.net
Old 12-26-17, 11:39 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Jojohn
First I wanna let you know that I like your collections of SC. I have a 98 sc300 myself.
I just joined the club today and hopefully maybe u can help me about my AC problem.About 2 days ago my AC /heater stopped working,,, meaning no air coming out at all ,, as you know there’s only one control for both,, so not know if I just need to just check on AC if there’s such a thing,, coz obviously the on/off control doesn’t work to begin with and I don’t know where to start looking for solutions.Hopefully you have some advise for me.,, also how do I post something on the forum so all members can see this???My email add is jojohn6768@comcast.net
You should try searching to see if anyone had this issue that had been resolved and if you cant find one you should create a new thread describing your issue in detail to see if someone can help. This thread has nothing to do with ac repair of any kind so youre not going to get much help.
Old 12-27-17, 04:05 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Originally Posted by brucelee1
I'll buy that white SC when you are ready to sell.
The diamond white pearl is a 96 auto that I had repainted when I bought it, I installed a 97+ wing when painted. The front seats are trashed so I have been looking for replacements for a while and just haven't found anything close by that is any better. Otherwise the car is in pretty good condition, I installed some Tokico shocks which improved the ride. It has an oil leak that I need to address, which I may do in the next week or so.

Last edited by RXRodger; 12-27-17 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-27-17, 04:07 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jojohn
Always start with the simple stuff. There are 3 fuses in the left kick panel that can contribute to this, check them all and let us know what you find out. As vteruni suggests, look through the maintenance section and see what others have posted to see if any apply to your problem. If none of this helps, as a last resort post your problem in the performance/maintenance section and see who can help you diagnose the issue. I don't have a wiring diagram for a 98 so not sure I can help much. I'll email you if you want to bounce questions off of me.

Last edited by RXRodger; 12-27-17 at 04:11 AM.
Old 12-27-17, 12:41 PM
Jojohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC issue

How do i start a thread for so i can
describe the issues i have?
Originally Posted by vteruni
you should try searching to see if anyone had this issue that had been resolved and if you cant find one you should create a new thread describing your issue in detail to see if someone can help. This thread has nothing to do with ac repair of any kind so youre not going to get much help.
Old 12-27-17, 05:02 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

I sent you a couple of emails.