Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-17, 10:09 AM
Dzjnmstrd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread

Hello fellow IS owners!

My name is Ian and I recently purchased a 2006 IS350 with 200k miles in Matador Red! I have always been a fan of the IS chassis and four door cars. My first car was a 1994 Honda Accord and being part of a car lover family. This car gave me my first taste of modifying. At the time of purchase, I wasn’t looking much into purchasing another car. Since (and currently) I was building a 2011 BMW 135i with my brother and all the financials were getting funneled into this project. But the price to purchase this car was a opportunity that I couldn’t pass up.

Being a used car consumer, I wanted to know the history of the car and what options this car came with at the time of purchase. I found that this car is a sports model (before F-sport was established) and it is equipped with the ML audio system upgrade. With the pictures provided, it is in rough shape. I purchased the car with rear end damage and (in my opinion) an abused interior. I always liked the challenge of building a car that has been used and abused. So it gives me more of a satisfaction and connection to the car.

I have a lot planned for this car. But I am first tackling all the mechanical issues before I start on cosmetics. From what I learned when building the accord. You can spend all your money on cosmetics, but if it doesn’t run correctly. You will only look good while sitting on the side a freeway or street waiting for a tow.

Repairs Already Done
• Replaced the navigation screen (the infamous touch screen connection failing)
• Replaced the starter, VC gasket, and spark plugs
• Took the AC evaporator plug off
• Gutted the interior and deep cleaned the inside
• Transmission, Radiator, & Oil change

Repairs Needed (not a specific order)
• Re wrap the door panels
• Purchase a new steering wheel
• Replace shocks/springs, brake pads, and rotors
• Fix a oil leak (still trying to find the area of focus)
• Repair the body (widebody or metal fender flares?)
• Purchase new wheels (all four wheels are bent to a certain extent :facepalm: )
• Many more, but I can’t think of them right now.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. If you have any parts laying around. That you might think I need and are feeling generous to let go. I am open to taking them off your hands.

Thank you for the read. I hope to bring some more content to this awesome forum!

-Ian

(For your viewing pleasure, I have attached pictures below of my Accord, 135i, and IS350. Enjoy!)
Attached Thumbnails Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_0126.jpg   Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_0124.jpg   Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_0755.jpg   Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_0756.jpg   Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_0754.jpg  

Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_0757.jpg   Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_0758.jpg   Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_2808.jpg   Dzjnmstrd's Build Thread-img_2809.jpg