Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Refurbished Daily but still track ready

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 08:17 PM
Umbra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refurbished Daily but still track ready

So a few weeks ago I bought a jet black 92 SC400 and I couldn't help but noticed it was a HUGE fixer upper. Everything runs great, just needs brakes and tires for 100% drivable, and an alignment to match, but my concerns are these...
1.) My entire center radio stack is blown, as in all the lights and such work when I flip on the headlights but none of the buttons actually function including the thermostat and seat warmer controls, wanting a daily this is a problem in early mornings and winters and I personally have no idea what's actually wrong with it.
2.) I want to supercharge it but I'm unsure if I should supercharge the stock V8 or try and swap the engine for something a little lighter so it's a bit more formidable at the track, LS maybe?
3.) My Interior is completely shot, and I have an upholstery guy ready to go but I've seen posts before on the difficulty in obtaining black interior panels, being new to the SC first gen game I'm curious as to what's the easiest color to find because mine is a beige interior that I want redone into an Ash gray and black with red inserts on the seats and wood accents.

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated being my first car and all on my own dime I'm trying to get her potential to come out again.

P. S. I'm unsure if this is the proper thread to post to, if not admins please direct me towards the proper threads.
Old 05-02-17, 07:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to the forum !

Black interior pieces would not only be harder to get than the tan / beige , they are also a lot pricier. If you are getting an upholstery guy do it and price is reasonable then that will be your best bet so you can get the color you wanted.
Old 05-02-17, 05:15 PM
Umbra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Welcome to the forum !

Black interior pieces would not only be harder to get than the tan / beige , they are also a lot pricier. If you are getting an upholstery guy do it and price is reasonable then that will be your best bet so you can get the color you wanted.
Thanks for the tips there, he mentioned a temporary method called hydro spray that is semi permanent, but do you have any idea whatsoever as to why my center radio stack and thermostat doesn't work? He said that if I replace the control pannel it should operate fine but I don't want to buy a 300 dollar control pannel to find out its somethings else