Originally Posted by 5ltrv8
Great shot man... looks sick 👌
Old 09-11-18, 07:12 AM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

September 10th, 2018
OEM Black Alcantara Seats + Carbon Fiber Rear Seat Delete

So after searching and searching I was able to find the OEM black Alcantara seats. A lot of people have said "oh but the red is so epic" and they're right but, considering my brake color as well as the fact I hate sliding around in the all leather seats, the alcantara makes the most sense. I've found them to be more comfortable and forgiving in hot and colder weather. Interestingly enough they weighed 1 lb. lighter than stock so that was an added bonus.
I had been driving around with the rear of my car completely gutted for a while in the interest of weight reduction (it's made the car more fun to drive) but, the noise from the trunk was killing me. So I commissioned ALPHEYGA to do a carbon fiber rear seat delete. All in all everything looks great and I'm still lighter than stock. Having the door cards done is next on the list as well as possibly a carbon roof.

Enjoy:

Old 09-11-18, 11:17 AM
Bast59
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice front seats, match the look of your car perfectly ! And amazing job for the rear
Old 09-11-18, 04:38 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Interested to see what they are gonna do for the doors!
Old 09-12-18, 10:10 AM
smaggs
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Damn this looks amazing...the build and the documentation, nice work. Just picked up an SFP myself. Are you still enjoying the Stoptech Sport pads? I was just about to order some
Old 09-12-18, 10:14 AM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Thank you! Although I would prefer a brown or some sort of natural tone interior the black definitely suits the build right now. More so I like how grippy the alcantara is for turns.

Originally Posted by Bast59
Very nice front seats, match the look of your car perfectly ! And amazing job for the rear
Most likely going to be a version of the OEM shape so speakers and switches can be retained.

Originally Posted by Lmood
Interested to see what they are gonna do for the doors!
Thank you so much! I haven't seen many do serious documentation on what mods do what to their IS-F's on here so I took it upon myself. The Stoptech Sport pads have been comparable to the OEM Brembo pads in driving feel and life so far. I can't comment on if they're the exact same braking performance though. For the price and my experience I would recommend them to anyone.

Originally Posted by smaggs
Damn this looks amazing...the build and the documentation, nice work. Just picked up an SFP myself. Are you still enjoying the Stoptech Sport pads? I was just about to order some
Old 09-13-18, 05:12 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

I love the carbon seat delete. I bet that was steep.

any idea how to maintain the Alcantara seats? I have them as well and want to keep them nice.
Old 09-18-18, 10:47 AM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
I love the carbon seat delete. I bet that was steep.

any idea how to maintain the Alcantara seats? I have them as well and want to keep them nice.
Thanks man, it's definitely awesome to look back and see a big designed slab of carbon back there.

There's a Sonax alcantara product and brush that should be used. Everyone uses it on their steering wheels which are more prone to get matted and go bad so it'll work great on the seats.
Old 09-27-18, 01:31 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Reserved...
Old 09-27-18, 01:40 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

September 26th, 2018
Sabelt Race Seats

My buddy was going a different direction with his E92 M3 and his seats were up for grabs. Despite taking my red interior out recently and putting in the black, I couldn't pass this opportunity up.
The Sabelt GT140 isn't exactly the lightest seat but it's still lighter than stock and changes the feel of the car. The seat weighed in at 22.5 lbs. With the Planted Technology seat bracket, the aluminum side mounts and the mounting hardware the total was 34 lbs. A net savings of 27 lbs.
Overall this has made the car so much more fun to drive and I'm still dialing in where I want the seat (no sliders, went for straight mount).
For the airbag I was able to find some universal resistors on eBay (small black box with two prongs) and have no airbag light.

Old 11-27-18, 05:41 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

November 27th, 2018

Punched Kitties + Borla Exhaust with Muffler Delete
ZITO ZF01 18x10 ET40 with 285/35/18 Michelin P4S
Brakes in Lexus Orange from the LFA Nurburgring Edition

I was able to get a secondhand Borla system from another forum member and was a bit worried that not having the original mufflers would make the car louder than I was hoping for, especially since I don't have primary kitties anymore. Well, aside from a little drone under acceleration at 2000 RPMS to 2600 RPMS, it's perfect. I still have to go to EAS to re-dyno the car now that it has the system but I can tell you the mid and top end on the car has improved greatly. After having a 500 whp E60 M5 I wasn't confident that the IS-F would be able to give me that visceral "push you in your seat" acceleration. Well, it does now and I'm happy about it. I finally got around to making a video of it:

Last edited by JohnMorgan; 01-04-19 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 01-04-19, 09:45 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

January 4th, 2019

Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar
Braille B2317RP AGM Battery

I had been planning on the front strut bar for a while to compliment the Tom's rear strut I had but, was not planning on my battery taking a complete dump on me when I got back from a 2 week trip.
It's hard to believe this car didn't come with a strut bar considering once I installed it, I fell in love with the handling even more. Steering response has been significantly improved and the chassis all around feels tighter because of it. There are still plenty of the Ultra Racing pieces I need to get (I'll be swapping out my rear Tom's strut for the Ultra since it's a welded 1 piece) so I can only imagine how much has to be gained from the reinforcement. With a weight penalty of 5 lbs. this is more than worth it in driving feel. Also, this will fit the engine cover and you can trim the side covers to fit around the strut.

Since getting home from a trip at the end of 2018, my battery decided to die and give that nice blue acid. Looking for a lighter weight solution that wouldn't break the bank, I opted to go with a Braille Lightweight AGM battery. Unfortunately I got the wrong mount (should have gotten the vertical mount) but that will be taken car of shortly. I weight the Braille unit at its advertised 17 lbs. and the stock battery at 41 lbs. A savings of 24 lbs. to be had and off the nose of the car. I can say the car starts up quicker and drives smoother with this battery.

Old 01-23-19, 09:43 AM
Eckotyper
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That rear seat delete, is just insane.
Old 01-24-19, 11:37 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eckotyper
That rear seat delete, is just insane.
Definitely makes people say wow when they see it.

Quick Reply: Project Osaka: 12' SFP on Red