Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Awynters6 2017 IS200T Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-17, 12:57 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

I believe specONE was looking for a pic of the suspension arm on the vehicle.
From what you have above, it looks like the new design was to move the bushing from the bottom of the strut and into the control arm.
The following users liked this post:
specONE (05-08-17)
Old 05-08-17, 01:00 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus3GIST
Yeah. I need these sooo bad! Hands down the sexiest look. I also have the exact same car as you. I just installed an injen short ram intake. Makes the turbo SUPER loud and I def recommend it to you if you haven't done an intake already.

Where could I purchase those tips, and also what was the installation process for the new tips? Bolt-ons? How irreversible was it. Lol sorry for the noob question but jesus christ those tips are PERFECT for the car.
I am currently running the same short ram as well, def a major difference in sound!

I purchased off ebay, someone had bought for their M3 but ended up not using so i jumped on them lol

As far as the install process, i didnt want to touch my stock exhaust like most do. Instead, i had the shop create an axle back with flanges for me, that way i cant take on or off as i choose.
Old 05-08-17, 01:02 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I believe specONE was looking for a pic of the suspension arm on the vehicle.
From what you have above, it looks like the new design was to move the bushing from the bottom of the strut and into the control arm.
gotcha!

Old 05-08-17, 01:07 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Originally Posted by JKS200t
Do you know what other brands offer the coils for the 17 is200t? Looking to getting some for mine, and googled came back w/ Megan's and Godspeed. How do you like the Megan's so far?
Currently, only BC Racing is offering the correct suspension for the 2017 IS200t. As far as megans, ive purchased a few times for different cars and tbh, bc racing coils ride soooo SOOO much better. As far as Godspeed, i have never used them, nor do i plan to. I ended up sticking with BC as i have already purchased the coils, i just had to wait for them to make them for our cars. Theyre currently on the car but they still need some minor height adjustments and alignment. Ill be posting updated photos soon.

JKS200t (05-08-17)
Old 05-08-17, 01:10 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Are you selling the stock one, or the one you did the fit test?

Do you have a link to it?
I was selling the DNA exhaust, which has already been sold. Stock one isnt for sale.
JKS200t (05-08-17)
Old 05-08-17, 01:12 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Where could I purchase those tips, and also what was the installation process for the new tips? Bolt-ons? How irreversible was it. Lol sorry for the noob question but jesus christ those tips are PERFECT for the car.
Did you tune the cart after you installed the short ram? Looking for an intake for mine.[/QUOTE]

i haven't tuned yet, currently saving up for the downpipe.

You can probably find them on ebay. As far as the process, i had an exhaust shop create an axle back set up with flanges that way i cant remove and swap out as i please.

Last edited by awynters6; 05-08-17 at 02:57 PM.
JKS200t (05-08-17)
Old 05-08-17, 03:02 PM
JKS200t
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awynters6
Currently, only BC Racing is offering the correct suspension for the 2017 IS200t. As far as megans, ive purchased a few times for different cars and tbh, bc racing coils ride soooo SOOO much better. As far as Godspeed, i have never used them, nor do i plan to. I ended up sticking with BC as i have already purchased the coils, i just had to wait for them to make them for our cars. Theyre currently on the car but they still need some minor height adjustments and alignment. Ill be posting updated photos soon.
Awesome! Yeah, Megan's usually good for the S13/S14, but I haven't heard too many good reviews for other cars, and Godspeed I've heard is always a gamble.
This is the first time I hear of BC Racing. I looked up the part on their site and it didn't come up =\, is it because you're using the RC ones?
Please let me know your thoughts on them is once you've got them adjusted correctly. Also, do you use them to track, canyons, or just daily driving?
Old 05-08-17, 03:30 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Awesome! Yeah, Megan's usually good for the S13/S14, but I haven't heard too many good reviews for other cars, and Godspeed I've heard is always a gamble.
This is the first time I hear of BC Racing. I looked up the part on their site and it didn't come up =\, is it because you're using the RC ones?
Please let me know your thoughts on them is once you've got them adjusted correctly. Also, do you use them to track, canyons, or just daily driving?
megans are okay coilovers especially if you're getting a huge hook up or free. As far as bc, I'm currently driving it around without the adjustments fully completed and so far I love them. I have them on the soft settings and they ride very similar to stock, except for bumps on the road, that you can feel them a bit more but nothing crazy. If you're going to order the set, call them and let them know you have the 17 is200t model, they use the same coils as the 3is but GS350 front coilovers mounts. I'll be using the coils for daily driving and some canyon time but I doubt I'll have any track time, but who knows!
Old 05-08-17, 04:26 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

gotcha!
Thanks! I see now.
I wonder if this is the case for the full line-up of all engine size and trims
Old 05-08-17, 05:11 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Originally Posted by specONE
Thanks! I see now.
I wonder if this is the case for the full line-up of all engine size and trims
I'm not sure about the full line up but I know the 2017+ is350 awd doesn't use the same set up.
Old 05-08-17, 06:32 PM
specONE
Racer

I'm not sure about the full line up but I know the 2017+ is350 awd doesn't use the same set up.
so your car is AWD model?
Old 05-08-17, 06:56 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

From the pic his looks like a RWD as the strut is long and connects directly to the control arm...with no support bracket.
Also the arm is aluminum...whereas the 2014-2016 RWD front lower control arms are steel.
Old 05-08-17, 07:56 PM
awynters6
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
From the pic his looks like a RWD as the strut is long and connects directly to the control arm...with no support bracket.
Also the arm is aluminum...whereas the 2014-2016 RWD front lower control arms are steel.
my car is RWD. The control arm is different from the rest of the 3is models. Even the 2016 is200t
Old 05-09-17, 11:42 AM
specONE
Racer

my car is RWD. The control arm is different from the rest of the 3is models. Even the 2016 is200t
Okay. sorry for the confusion. I mis-read what you wrote prior.
AWD always been different for the front shocks mounting points even in earlier model years.
Old 05-10-17, 04:17 PM
jivoz123
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how big are your exhaust tips?

Quick Reply: Awynters6 2017 IS200T Build Thread!