Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Need help with ground wire

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-17, 07:43 AM
Dan75087
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with ground wire

OK, I know this is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I am just about finished with my GTE swap in my 2001 GS300. There is a ground wire that connected to the engine by the headers on the GE engine. Where do I connect it on the GTE engine?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 01-24-17, 07:47 PM
burteboy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what color is the wire.brown or black n white
Old 01-25-17, 01:12 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan75087
OK, I know this is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I am just about finished with my GTE swap in my 2001 GS300. There is a ground wire that connected to the engine by the headers on the GE engine. Where do I connect it on the GTE engine?

Thanks in advance for the help.
if its a ground, then any bolt on the engine should be fine....I generally go for the block
Old 01-25-17, 08:17 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Like Sakataj mentioned, anywhere on the block is fine.. But the Aristo GTE swap is an OEM fit, you just forgot a piece.

There is a ground bolt in the same place on both blocks. The difference is that the GE had a little L-shaped tab bolted to the block then bolted to the wire. Take that tab off your old GE block, install it onto the empty threaded hole under the front turbo/infront the motor mount, and then reconnect the stock ground that should still be hanging from the passenger framerail.
Old 01-26-17, 06:35 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Like Sakataj mentioned, anywhere on the block is fine.. But the Aristo GTE swap is an OEM fit, you just forgot a piece.

There is a ground bolt in the same place on both blocks. The difference is that the GE had a little L-shaped tab bolted to the block then bolted to the wire. Take that tab off your old GE block, install it onto the empty threaded hole under the front turbo/infront the motor mount, and then reconnect the stock ground that should still be hanging from the passenger framerail.
FYI, this is because the RHD Aristo ground wire/battery is on the opposite side of the car, and it was grounded on the intake side of the block on the GTE.

And you don't have to use the L shaped bracket, you could attach the wire directly without it. But the bolt size in the block is larger than the hole in the ring terminal on the oem ground wire. So you would just need to drill the hole in the ring connector a little bigger to bolt it to the block. And there isn't much slack at all on the ground, so if you still have your GE sitting around, it's quicker and fits better if you can grab the bracket off of the GE and use that.