Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

LouS460 Build-A-Share Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17, 02:18 PM
LexJonez
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the information..... I will keep you posted on my modifications.
Old 09-18-17, 09:31 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

The custom axle-back with the borla sounded nice deep tone but wasn't fully satisfied because it was only audible at low end. Mid-high was almost non-existent.

So I decided to chop off the secondary cats and place a pipe in its place. Sorry phone ran out of battery before it was completed so didn't get any undershots of it so I'll have to wait till next time it's on a lift.

I retained my resonators for now as I read on some different threads that's the key to keep it from being droney or raspy.

I will try to post a sound clip soon.

The result? I love the sound and now when I get on the gas I can hear it low/mid/high but still very low hum and quite satisfied I did this.
The following users liked this post:
LexJonez (09-18-17)
Old 09-18-17, 09:42 AM
LexJonez
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPanda460

The custom axle-back with the borla sounded nice deep tone but wasn't fully satisfied because it was only audible at low end. Mid-high was almost non-existent.

So I decided to chop off the secondary cats and place a pipe in its place. Sorry phone ran out of battery before it was completed so didn't get any undershots of it so I'll have to wait till next time it's on a lift.

I retained my resonators for now as I read on some different threads that's the key to keep it from being droney or raspy.

I will try to post a sound clip soon.

The result? I love the sound and now when I get on the gas I can hear it low/mid/high but still very low hum and quite satisfied I did this.

Looking forward to hearing the sound clip......I may do this this instead of going to the Borla S-Type muffler.
Old 09-18-17, 10:57 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexJonez
Looking forward to hearing the sound clip......I may do this this instead of going to the Borla S-Type muffler.
I feel each muffler has its own special sound but yeah you can try deleting the 2nd cats first don't hurt. If you want it swapable I'd just do a custom midpipe all the way instead so you don't have to chop and weld in a pipe. Up to you.
Old 10-19-17, 12:29 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

That old school plate is sick!
Old 11-27-17, 04:18 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Those fenders are absolute fire man.... very clean yet aggressive.
Old 11-29-17, 11:12 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by empringham
Those fenders are absolute fire man.... very clean yet aggressive.
Ty sir. I want to get my rear bumper cutout to match but it's plastic so only way is some other aftermarket fiberglass bumper and then cut it but then i'd have to find some way to fit my existing rear lip in so maybe going to be tough.
Old 12-08-17, 10:49 AM
Gymie
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Pretty cool flag on the wall.
Old 03-02-18, 09:33 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Been awhile since some updates here's what I been up to...

Re-doing my tank setup with a hanging bracket.

Front hood bonnet spoiler

Chasing Tailights

Video of it here:

Last edited by VIPanda460; 03-02-18 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-03-18, 05:20 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

So sick! That license plate absolutely the best part of the build!
VIPanda460 (03-06-18)
Old 03-06-18, 02:03 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
So sick! That license plate absolutely the best part of the build!
Thank you brotha.
Old 03-06-18, 02:10 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Got them installed finally. The overall wiring was plug and play, color coded and numbered. The hardest part would be neatly hiding wires and finding a 12V constant and ground.

I opted for the stop lamp 2 fuse and then center of spare tire well i put a bolt to chassis with ground wire so it worked out. Initially I was going to tap the trunk release button but to splice into that would be a very tight spot.

Here's some more updates.

So many wires!

Did my very best to tuck and hide but some wires just not long enough to cleanly hide so later I'll have to slowly extend wires until fully hidden. The control boxes let me adjust show mode, regular mode, chasing, and patterns.

The acrylic when lit up looks like this.

Later I'm going to convert the toggle switches in trunk to this wireless receiver and remote so that I can toggle my chasing or regular driving mode instantly without going to trunk at all. Maybe a 3-4 channel would be more ideal. Will experiment with this soon.

Some additional videos here:

You can use the included remote to toggle through patterns of your choosing and that would become your pattern when braking. There's a lot to choose from.

Last edited by VIPanda460; 03-06-18 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-16-18, 08:20 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

those are the best version of the chasing taillights I've seen on our cars. well done. look forward to seeing the progress.
VIPanda460 (03-16-18)
Old 03-16-18, 09:03 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by brianlin87
those are the best version of the chasing taillights I've seen on our cars. well done. look forward to seeing the progress.
Thanks man. I don't see any 13+ chasing yet from my knowledge unless they aren't on ig or forums. The wait was almost a year but I gave them a new extra set of tails so I wouldn't have downtime.
Old 03-16-18, 09:15 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

I had some leaking issues in the beginning and realized my fittings can't handle 200psi and in fact the compressors 444c isn't even rated that high either so after I reduced it to 150psi pressure I had less than 5psi loss within 10 hr span so that's decent. I'll do another soapy water spray later just in case.

The bracket was mounted using 4 bolts onto the upper deck which I re-used 2 pre-existing holes and drilled 2 new holes. I added fat spacers on it to help redistribute the stress on the metal for longevity. Glad to have my trunk space back!

My gauge is actually backwards because couldn't torque it enough without damaging the threads. I ordered a swivel fitting to achieve this.

The bottom floorboard that once used for hardlines now has 4 holes but a quick fix is putting back the oem carpet mat so that'll cover it up. I might get a diamond stitched carpet later on.

The chasing tail lights had a set back only after a week of use. There was some fogging happening on the bottom blinker areas and at first thought it was condensation but it was infact outgassing from either the glue or paint used. The pattern of the fog did not grow or shrink so it MIGHT be done outgassing from my assumptions. The top red parts had no fogging only bottom. I sent it back to my builder and he's having the body shop sand polish reclear it so I should get it back in a few more days.

As for my hood bonnet spoiler, I should be dropping car off in a few weeks or less to Signature Autobody so that one is pending.

What's next? Probably get my rear center console VIP table done, some diamond floor mats, and diamond inserts on the seats.

Quick Reply: LouS460 Build-A-Share Thread