Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC300 Engine Rebuild then Turbo Time.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-18, 02:22 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
please refer back to the last 10 years of postings in the florida section to see how many meets and shows we have all been part of .. the turbo game here in south florida is huge and boosted sc , is , and gs are as plentiful as weed is now adays ,lol

bottomline here is theres no real distinct recipe that will produce numbers based on you approach . comes down to engine health , componets used and paired together ( right sized turbo , right sized hot side , right cam selection , intake and exhaust manifold and overall ecu and tuner competence)..

my car should have never been in 600 rwhp range on pump gas @ only 19psi without being like 10:0 cr and/or 3.2/4 stroker but the right combination of parts were used and tuned by one of the best in world , ALPHA .. my car has been boosted on oem stock ge orig block that came with my 97 since 2007 and at 600 rwhp since 2010 and i daily drive her ...
That's awesome man, I'm just saying i never saw anyone else actually out racing their sc's at night because were a more grown up crowd than the kids i used to hangout with. i had no boost back then either just a kid doing burnouts with a rear wheel drive car thinking i could drift and drive like fast and the furious lmao

Pretty cool your on the stock bottom end, i am too but at not quite the horsepower at the same boost lmao.

I'm running 18 psi on my xs-power manifold and turbo with Ali's TT ecu mod. I live in the middle of nowhere Colorado now and i don't have access to a dyno or i'd tune the damn thing myself, there arn't any tuners out here. I'm 5 hours from Denver lol, My air fuels are 9s after about 8 psi until i hit 18 then its like 10.5/1, until 6 psi the air/fuels actually stay at 14.7/1.. so i know there is a lot more power to be gained even at this level of boost with proper tuning but i'm on the stock w58 and i don't want it to break until i can really devote some time to the Sc

Last edited by scsexy; 06-08-18 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-09-18, 09:01 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
Repeating it: still completely wrong.
"come up with a ratio"? You're looking for an easy answer. There isn't one. I already explained this on the linked page, and you won't read it.
More like very close, Please remove the stick from your butt and pop a chill pill or a happy pill, whatever you do.