Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

16 GS F-Sport (Obsidian) Round 2...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-15, 01:22 AM
Flexus_GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loved your 13, so I'm eager to see your ideas put in action with the newer design now. Black out again?
Old 12-29-15, 07:13 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
Congrats new car looks great! I love that new instrument cluster and I like the new diamond design trim. I also think the new wheels looks better. And you have folding mirrors now.
Thanks Jon, The new upgrades were just enough

Originally Posted by CanyonFSpo
Loved your 13, so I'm eager to see your ideas put in action with the newer design now. Black out again?
Thank You.. I'm going to be blacking out the chrome for sure
Old 12-29-15, 09:23 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Let the mods begin.
Old 12-29-15, 09:38 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't realize the interior updates were this extensive. I love the new aluminum trim design and updated gauges.

Can't wait to see what's next.
Old 12-29-15, 12:31 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

u told no more but I guess not lol, I hope u kept ur brakes , and how come u did not get the Roja red interior and if you need something let me know.
Old 12-29-15, 12:44 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

man that updated interior has me wanting to ditch the '13 now.. sigh
Old 12-29-15, 01:16 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Congrats on the new ride. Let the mods begin.
Thank you...

Originally Posted by blacksun
I didn't realize the interior updates were this extensive. I love the new aluminum trim design and updated gauges.

Can't wait to see what's next.
I love the new aluminum trim + dash also. They did a great job!

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
u told no more but I guess not lol, I hope u kept ur brakes , and how come u did not get the Roja red interior and if you need something let me know.
I know, I know..ha ha ..But, man it's nice. I was considering the white pearl with the red interior
but somebody purchased it. So I was happy with black on black.

I don't have the brakes anymore though I will be calling you soon

Originally Posted by popping
man that updated interior has me wanting to ditch the '13 now.. sigh
It's definitely worth it..
Old 12-29-15, 02:09 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I ordered mine with ultra white and the red int, they said today or tomorrow, and I already sent my brakes to be redone, new rotors and calipers are getting powder coated and rebuilt , so I cant wait.
Old 12-29-15, 02:39 PM
tim2josh
Driver School Candidate

Good afternoon. Does anyone have any pictures of the 2016 GS 350 F sport in Obsedian and Liquid Platinum with tinted windows.
Old 12-29-15, 02:57 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
I ordered mine with ultra white and the red int, they said today or tomorrow, and I already sent my brakes to be redone, new rotors and calipers are getting powder coated and rebuilt , so I cant wait.
Sweet!! Can't wait to see it

Last edited by biggame; 02-10-17 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-29-15, 08:11 PM
KJD3
Driver

Do all GS F-Sports now come with lane departure and forward collision warning? It seems like every one I've seen people post pictures of as well as reviews on YouTube all have both.
Old 12-29-15, 08:25 PM
SKA430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KJD3
Do all GS F-Sports now come with lane departure and forward collision warning? It seems like every one I've seen people post pictures of as well as reviews on YouTube all have both.
On the Lexus website for building your own GS it shows that safety package as required with the F Sport. I'm not too excited about being forced to take the pre-collision system, but have never had it before either.

Nice 2016 Biggame! That thing looks great!
Old 12-29-15, 08:33 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Beautiful, congrats! My lease is up on my S5 in January '17 and I'm trying to decide what to get next. I'm getting my wheels refinished this week so I'm driving an A6 loaner car with all the bells and whistles and couldn't be more bored. Now I remember (when I was in the market for a sedan) why I loved the GS F Sport so much more than the competiton. Maybe it doesn't have the torque of the Audi V6 Supercharged engine, but it is a hell of a lot more fun to drive and has a kick-*** interior. Enjoy!
I'm very surprised at your comment. What engine does your A6 loaner have? I have a 2016 A7 with the 333 hp engine and it will leave our GS for dead. Last months Motor Trend has a test on the A6 with that engine and it did 0-60 in 4.4 and the quarter mile at 13.0/107.
Old 12-30-15, 10:12 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I'm very surprised at your comment. What engine does your A6 loaner have? I have a 2016 A7 with the 333 hp engine and it will leave our GS for dead. Last months Motor Trend has a test on the A6 with that engine and it did 0-60 in 4.4 and the quarter mile at 13.0/107.
Wouldn't be surprised if Audi cheated by giving Motor Trend a specially tuned A6
Old 12-30-15, 06:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
My A6 was not a Sport model, but it did have the V6 Supercharged engine. I guess my biggest issue is that it just didn't "feel" fast. When I have passengers in my S5 and step on it they hold onto the door handles and brace their feet. The A6 also had the 8-speed Triptronic transmission, unlike my S5 with the 7-speed DSG. While the Tiptronic is smooth as silk, the DSG is just quicker and causes the "farts" out of the exhaust. The A6 was so quiet it felt like a floating carpet. My S5, while not rough by any means, feels more visceral, has tighter steering, feels less nose heavy and lets more sound into the cabin.

The salesman I always work with said if I wanted the same experience I would need to move to an S6. In his words, "The A6 is soft". That's not what I'm looking for.

Now that I think of it, that is just the direction Lexus is heading in. Although their cars may not have as much HP or be as fast 0-60 as the competition, they are simply more visceral and fun to drive. I would take another GS350 F Sport over an A6 any day and I'm an Audi owner. I will leave your A7 out of the conversation because IMHO it is simply one of the most beautiful cars ever conceived.

Last edited by dseag2; 12-30-15 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 16 GS F-Sport (Obsidian) Round 2...