Search this Thread

Old 11-21-15, 11:18 PM
Zezz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Ride comes with problems in it.

*Apologies, mod kindly move the thread out of the Build sub-section. Thanks*

Greetings my fellow CL Members,

Let me introduce myself, I'm an average 20 year old who loves to go for long lonely drives at night and usually fall in trouble with the cops oh and i'm living in the middle east. | My previous ride was a IS250 2008 which quiet sadly ended up in the wrong side of the road thanks to my girlfriend.

So i had saved up to buy a GS300 2001-ish (i study in university and work full-time), that's when a friend of mine was moving to germany. He handed me his ride out for free but told me it had a few problems that needed fixing. The car is a GS430 2003

So for starters it had a broken right tie-rod which i was "proudly" able to replace on my own.
There are these few questions that i need answering & yes i have read the FAQ's and utilized the magical 'search' button.
  1. On full tank it shows me 'Cruising Range: 254 Miles' but if i reset the ecu by pulling the battery terminals then it shows me 3xx Miles. Could anyone explain why is this happening? Yes i know its a V8.
  2. Dashboard doesn't show any of these if pressed: "ECT PWR, Traction, Seatbelt Light, Door Light" but the rest work perfectly fine.
  3. The car makes a little rattling noise if youre standing near the front right side of the car and while driving if you pull down your windows you could hear it slightly. :|
  4. The A/C isn't working. I first checked for leaks and then proceeded to refill gas. It didn't work, so i reckoned it was the compressor. I changed out the compressor for the same model year original from the salvage yard and it works fine but it seems that it cools more towards the legs then towards the top. Even if i have the a/c adjustment set towards my face it still blows from the bottom and if i hit the buttons to change the a/c directions, it makes noises. *Brrrr Brrr*. Anyone got a positive idea on what can i do for this?
  5. Yes, and most importantly comes down to my Radiator & Cooling. Apparently one of my fan motors blew out, so i decided to replace it with the same kind and used the multimeter to check if the voltage is correct and mounted it back on. Now my Fuse for 30AMP Keeps blowing, i've decided to remove that fuse and keep driving anyway. If i don't switch on the a/c at a standstill, the fan doesn't come on which in turns overheats my engine. Sometimes while the a/c is turned on, i've noticed that only one of the fans come on and other times both. Any idea on this?

Thank-you for your time and i know i should probably take it to the mechanic or something but most of the work i could probably do it out on my own and save me a few bucks but hey i can't blame the guy. I did end up with the car for free so might as well use the money saved on fixing it and placing orders out on new car parts.

Adious

Last edited by Zezz; 11-22-15 at 01:16 AM.